Galaxy S8+ on Xfinity Mobile

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So I have had this phone since the 25th of April and I am really digging the phone and the service. One of the biggest gripes I had when I was on Verizon is how they strip out certain features. Xfinity leaves the phone how it comes from Samsung and very little bloatware. I know a lot of people hate Xfinity/Comcast, I am just sharing my experience with the mobile service, so save your hate.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So I have had this phone since the 25th of April and I am really digging the phone and the service. One of the biggest gripes I had when I was on Verizon is how they strip out certain features. Xfinity leaves the phone how it comes from Samsung and very little bloatware. I know a lot of people hate Xfinity/Comcast, I am just sharing my experience with the mobile service, so save your hate.

How are you on Xfinity Mobile already? To my knowledge the service isn't launched yet so not sure how you're using it and also not sure how you bought a phone from them?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same​ here tried to check out what this Xfinity mobile thing is about and says not available yet. I believe they are Verizon mvno along with using Xfinity​ WiFi hotspots to improve coverage (kind of similar to Protect Fi).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Same​ here tried to check out what this Xfinity mobile thing is about and says not available yet. I believe they are Verizon mvno along with using Xfinity​ WiFi hotspots to improve coverage (kind of similar to Protect Fi).
Yep.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Boot screen and lock screen. Pretty good, no line charges.
31b1b1178f4eeb864cc8982dff31c8d4.jpg
424b2efcc60cba9a1050439c1b0799c5.jpg

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Here's how it works: You have to have one of Xfinity services to avoid the 10 dollar line charge. You can toggle a switch so that you will always connect to Xfinity hotspots when in range. Or you can leave it off in which case you will be connected to Verizon 4GLTE. You can pay by the gig or you can pay for unlimited.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Here's how it works: You have to have one of Xfinity services to avoid the 10 dollar line charge. You can toggle a switch so that you will always connect to Xfinity hotspots when in range. Or you can leave it off in which case you will be connected to Verizon 4GLTE. You can pay by the gig or you can pay for unlimited.

Pretty cool. I always liked the idea of Project Fi -- When you connect to the Xfinity open hotspot does it auto VPN like Fi? That is probably the only reason I wouldn't mind Fi would be that my data goes through a VPN when on an open network versus in the clear.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Pretty cool. I always liked the idea of Project Fi -- When you connect to the Xfinity open hotspot does it auto VPN like Fi? That is probably the only reason I wouldn't mind Fi would be that my data goes through a VPN when on an open network versus in the clear.
I don't know, but I will ask tomorrow when I get to work.

AcEXBOX

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Phone works great and the service is awesome. Only thing I've noticed is that the ping is high compared to my work vzw iPhone. The download is much higher for some reason. Overall no issues at all. Just the red tint in top of the screen. Waiting for the software fix for it.

AcEXBOX

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
In my area, my devices always seem to show Xfinity as a WiFi option, but then when I try to connect, it nver actually connects me.

I swapped out the phone, and the first phone I had would auto connect but this new one doesn't. I am assuming the mac address is not registered just yet and I'll have to call care to get it fixed.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Phone works great and the service is awesome. Only thing I've noticed is that the ping is high compared to my work vzw iPhone. The download is much higher for some reason. Overall no issues at all. Just the red tint in top of the screen. Waiting for the software fix for it.
Mines didn't have a red tint. Hope the update fixes yours.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I swapped out the phone, and the first phone I had would auto connect but this new one doesn't. I am assuming the mac address is not registered just yet and I'll have to call care to get it fixed.
I had that issue. I backed all my data up to Samsung cloud (which is awesome and blocked when I was with Verizon) and reset my phone to factory. Then set it back up and it worked.

AcEXBOX

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

I always keep the wifi off when I am driving. I think when the xb6 is released, it's going to help out a lot and maybe then I can keep the wifi turned on and not have any connection issues.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I always keep the wifi off when I am driving. I think when the xb6 is released, it's going to help out a lot and maybe then I can keep the wifi turned on and not have any connection issues.
Yeah, I do the same. Still trying to find out more about the security of the Xfinity Hotspots when the phjone is connected to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles