08-04-2017 12:56 AM
44 12
tools
    So I have had this phone since the 25th of April and I am really digging the phone and the service. One of the biggest gripes I had when I was on Verizon is how they strip out certain features. Xfinity leaves the phone how it comes from Samsung and very little bloatware. I know a lot of people hate Xfinity/Comcast, I am just sharing my experience with the mobile service, so save your hate.
    shortwave8669 likes this.
    05-02-2017 08:48 AM
    So I have had this phone since the 25th of April and I am really digging the phone and the service. One of the biggest gripes I had when I was on Verizon is how they strip out certain features. Xfinity leaves the phone how it comes from Samsung and very little bloatware. I know a lot of people hate Xfinity/Comcast, I am just sharing my experience with the mobile service, so save your hate.
    How are you on Xfinity Mobile already? To my knowledge the service isn't launched yet so not sure how you're using it and also not sure how you bought a phone from them?
    05-02-2017 11:05 AM
    Was wondering the same thing Almeuit. As far as I know, it's not available yet. Maybe they're an employee or something
    Harlemknight and racedog like this.
    05-02-2017 11:17 AM
    Same​ here tried to check out what this Xfinity mobile thing is about and says not available yet. I believe they are Verizon mvno along with using Xfinity​ WiFi hotspots to improve coverage (kind of similar to Protect Fi).
    Harlemknight likes this.
    05-02-2017 11:33 AM
    Same​ here tried to check out what this Xfinity mobile thing is about and says not available yet. I believe they are Verizon mvno along with using Xfinity​ WiFi hotspots to improve coverage (kind of similar to Protect Fi).
    Yep.
    05-02-2017 11:52 AM
    How are you on Xfinity Mobile already? To my knowledge the service isn't launched yet so not sure how you're using it and also not sure how you bought a phone from them?
    I'm an employee, I will take some pictures as proof when I get off work.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-02-2017 11:55 AM
    I'm an employee, I will take some pictures as proof when I get off work.
    Ah makes sense.
    05-02-2017 11:55 AM
    Boot screen and lock screen. Pretty good, no line charges.
    05-02-2017 05:16 PM
    So does it work like project fi?
    05-02-2017 05:18 PM
    Here's how it works: You have to have one of Xfinity services to avoid the 10 dollar line charge. You can toggle a switch so that you will always connect to Xfinity hotspots when in range. Or you can leave it off in which case you will be connected to Verizon 4GLTE. You can pay by the gig or you can pay for unlimited.
    bhatech, shortwave8669 and recDNA like this.
    05-02-2017 05:22 PM
    Here's how it works: You have to have one of Xfinity services to avoid the 10 dollar line charge. You can toggle a switch so that you will always connect to Xfinity hotspots when in range. Or you can leave it off in which case you will be connected to Verizon 4GLTE. You can pay by the gig or you can pay for unlimited.
    Pretty cool. I always liked the idea of Project Fi -- When you connect to the Xfinity open hotspot does it auto VPN like Fi? That is probably the only reason I wouldn't mind Fi would be that my data goes through a VPN when on an open network versus in the clear.
    bhatech likes this.
    05-02-2017 06:42 PM
    Pretty cool. I always liked the idea of Project Fi -- When you connect to the Xfinity open hotspot does it auto VPN like Fi? That is probably the only reason I wouldn't mind Fi would be that my data goes through a VPN when on an open network versus in the clear.
    I don't know, but I will ask tomorrow when I get to work.
    bhatech likes this.
    05-02-2017 06:45 PM
    I don't know, but I will ask tomorrow when I get to work.
    Roger.
    05-02-2017 06:55 PM
    Phone works great and the service is awesome. Only thing I've noticed is that the ping is high compared to my work vzw iPhone. The download is much higher for some reason. Overall no issues at all. Just the red tint in top of the screen. Waiting for the software fix for it.
    05-13-2017 10:00 PM
    In my area, my devices always seem to show Xfinity as a WiFi option, but then when I try to connect, it nver actually connects me.
    05-13-2017 11:53 PM
    In my area, my devices always seem to show Xfinity as a WiFi option, but then when I try to connect, it nver actually connects me.
    I swapped out the phone, and the first phone I had would auto connect but this new one doesn't. I am assuming the mac address is not registered just yet and I'll have to call care to get it fixed.
    05-14-2017 12:46 AM
    Phone works great and the service is awesome. Only thing I've noticed is that the ping is high compared to my work vzw iPhone. The download is much higher for some reason. Overall no issues at all. Just the red tint in top of the screen. Waiting for the software fix for it.
    Mines didn't have a red tint. Hope the update fixes yours.
    05-14-2017 07:43 AM
    I swapped out the phone, and the first phone I had would auto connect but this new one doesn't. I am assuming the mac address is not registered just yet and I'll have to call care to get it fixed.
    I had that issue. I backed all my data up to Samsung cloud (which is awesome and blocked when I was with Verizon) and reset my phone to factory. Then set it back up and it worked.
    05-14-2017 07:45 AM
    I always keep the wifi off when I am driving. I think when the xb6 is released, it's going to help out a lot and maybe then I can keep the wifi turned on and not have any connection issues.
    05-15-2017 09:42 PM
    I always keep the wifi off when I am driving. I think when the xb6 is released, it's going to help out a lot and maybe then I can keep the wifi turned on and not have any connection issues.
    Yeah, I do the same. Still trying to find out more about the security of the Xfinity Hotspots when the phjone is connected to it.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-16-2017 07:02 AM
    My Xfinity Mobile S8+ will be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it
    05-17-2017 08:23 PM
    I had that issue. I backed all my data up to Samsung cloud (which is awesome and blocked when I was with Verizon) and reset my phone to factory. Then set it back up and it worked.
    Wow, didn't know Verizon blocked Samsung cloud. What could possibly be their business incentive for that!?

So, do you know what the ballpark price is going to be for unlimited data with Xfinity? I've read that it's $65/month for unlimited data, or $45 if you already have Xfinity home Internet, but that info was released a month ago. Do you happen to know at what point they begin de-prioritizing your data?

I guess it's a tough call. With T-Mobile I'm getting 2 lines of unlimited for $100/month, and since I got T-Mobile ONE during the promotional period they aren't throttling my video streams. Since I have Xfinity cable and Internet, I could get cell service for $90/month. But that would require a further dependence on Comcast, which has a penchant for randomly raising rates and such.

Since you're a Comcast employee, I'm certainly curious about your opinion on this!
    05-17-2017 09:22 PM
    Wow, didn't know Verizon blocked Samsung cloud. What could possibly be their business incentive for that!?

So, do you know what the ballpark price is going to be for unlimited data with Xfinity? I've read that it's $65/month for unlimited data, or $45 if you already have Xfinity home Internet, but that info was released a month ago. Do you happen to know at what point they begin de-prioritizing your data?

I guess it's a tough call. With T-Mobile I'm getting 2 lines of unlimited for $100/month, and since I got T-Mobile ONE during the promotional period they aren't throttling my video streams. Since I have Xfinity cable and Internet, I could get cell service for $90/month. But that would require a further dependence on Comcast, which has a penchant for randomly raising rates and such.

Since you're a Comcast employee, I'm certainly curious about your opinion on this!
    I just got an email today saying it was available to all customers now. It will be 45 for unlimited for 24 months, then to 65 dollars for unlimited. In the city, there are so many Xfinity Hotspots. In rural areas you will use your data.
    Verizon blocks Samsung cloud so that they can charge you to use theirs.The do little dumb stuff too, like making certain widgets not work. I was with them for 12 years, and their service is great tho.
    With Comcast y oh have 30 days to return the phone. You can toggle back and forth whenever you want from unlimited or pay by the gig. If you could do pay by the gig, your Bill could be really cheap. Service is really good cause it's still Verizon.
    05-17-2017 09:45 PM
    And you get throttled at 20 or 22.
    scmurphy13 likes this.
    05-17-2017 09:46 PM
    You can only use the Xfinity Mobile service with an S8 that they sell you with is a MAJOR negative to the service. You can't bring your own phone. That will keep many of us away.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-17-2017 10:43 PM
44 12