Have never had to file a claim with them before. Was expecting it to be like Verizon and send a like new refurbished. But was surprised that they sent a brand new S8 for my son's broken display. Was expecting just the device and got a new one with everything in the box. Was worth the 149 IMO.
    Attached Thumbnails received replacement device from asurion ๐Ÿ‘-1605.jpg ย 
    05-02-2017 12:12 PM
    I'm so glad to hear that you had excellent service and got a new phone.
    ZOMMBIE1 likes this.
    05-02-2017 12:31 PM
    Nice, now if you can only keep him from breaking this one.
    ZOMMBIE1 and Viscomi4444 like this.
    05-02-2017 01:06 PM
    I would be scared if they already had Refurb's to send out!
    05-02-2017 01:07 PM
    BEAR DOWN!

I was scared about that cause it took a week to get this one. Thought they were just waiting for refurbs to send me.
    AZwldcats likes this.
    05-02-2017 01:24 PM
    happy it worked for you, i had a very bad experience with them a long time ago so its good to hear that they did right by you.
    ZOMMBIE1 likes this.
    05-02-2017 02:54 PM
    Asurion will do a screen replacement for 79, even come to your home/place of business to do it.
    kevinpleasants and mundo472 like this.
    05-02-2017 02:57 PM
    They must have returns to send out no?
    05-02-2017 03:40 PM
    I had to replace mine because of a broken screen (stupid Samsung wireless charger stand) last week. Same thing got a brand new one with all the goodies. Only cost me $99 though. Filed the claim Thursday new phone was here Friday. Glad your situation got taken care of.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-02-2017 04:14 PM
    I also hit the Asurion Lottery, yesterday I was trying to photograph the "Great American Eclipse" and fumbled my Galaxy S8+ from shoulder height and wouldn't you know it face planted right on the blacktop... Now I've had Verizon for 5+ yrs and have always carried the insurance through Asurion but have never been unfortunate enough to have to use it. So I ponied up the $199 all the while dreading the prospect of someone's turd showing up as my replacement! Only 20hrs later much to my surprise when I opened the brown box I was greeted not with a typical Asurion box, but an unopened, factory sealed, brand spanking new S8+. Now I'm not that guy who complains about paying for insurance and never using it, but I wanna believe that they decided "hey this guy deserves a new one"! I know there is no validity to that but I wanna believe....! Thank you Asurion!!!!
    08-22-2017 04:14 PM
    Lol it's always nice to get a brand new one instead of a refurbished one. I can't relate because I've always gotten refurbished ones. There was only one time ended up with a new phone and that was because the refurbished one they sent was garbage. Glad you got your phone back.
    08-22-2017 06:08 PM
    Asurion is great to work with. I've had two phones replaced by them on vacation. Ocean 2 phones 0. Anyway both showed to me overnight to my hotel and both brand new devices not refurbished.
    08-22-2017 09:08 PM
    The only time I've used Asurion was when I cracked my S4 screen and the display would not light up. They sent me a brand new in box phone as well. I broke my old iPhone 4S and replaced the screen myself but at the time, the screen and digitizer for the Galaxy S4 was almost $200.00 so I figured I'd just file a claim and get a new one.

The iPhone 4S was a total pain to replace but I got it done. I've replaced several iPhone screens. 4S three times, iPhone 6 Plus twice, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone LE, iPhone 5C. Helped a lot of friends out. Lol. It got so much easier on the iPhone 5 and up models. I'm sure a 7 is easy too but might not be waterproof after, unless you can get some glue or gasket, whatever they use.
    08-23-2017 07:25 AM
    I've used Asurion in the past and I've never had a problem. The reason why you got a new one, and not refurbished is that Asurion had them in stock. In about a year from now, I would wager that replacement devices will be refurbished/repaired because Asurion will have run out of new.

I just got mine replaced, but as a warranty replacement from Verizon directly. I had several dead pixels. I took my phone into Verizon on a Friday and I had my new phone by Monday. I shipped the defective phone out yesterday.

People can say what they want about Verizon and Asurion, but I've always gotten great service from them.
    08-23-2017 03:08 PM
    Asurion treated me pretty good I must say, I filed a claim, paid my deductible of $50 and received a replacement phone 2 days later... Unfortunately the replacement was acting up on me (it was a refurbished phone) so I called Asurion and explained to them what was going on and with no problems at all, they said they were sending me a Brand new phone at no cost & sure enough I received a New phone in the original box, I couldn't of been any more satisfied with the outcome of the whole situation!! "Thank You Asurion"
    01-03-2018 04:54 PM
    I recently had to use Asurion for my S8's cracked screen. While I didn't get a new in box phone, I did get a flawless one. Also using my phone info app it appears to not be a refurbished phone. The best part was I went from a Verizon version to a factory unlocked version. I discovered this when I put a Tmo sim card in and the phone totally reprogramed itself. It now even shows a Tmo splash screen on startup instead of Verizon's and gets Tmo updates.
    01-03-2018 07:05 PM
    I had to replace mine because of a broken screen (stupid Samsung wireless charger stand) last week. Same thing got a brand new one with all the goodies. Only cost me $99 though. Filed the claim Thursday new phone was here Friday. Glad your situation got taken care of.
    Fell off the stand?
    01-04-2018 10:26 AM
    I recently had to use Asurion for my S8's cracked screen. While I didn't get a new in box phone, I did get a flawless one. Also using my phone info app it appears to not be a refurbished phone. The best part was I went from a Verizon version to a factory unlocked version. I discovered this when I put a Tmo sim card in and the phone totally reprogramed itself. It now even shows a Tmo splash screen on startup instead of Verizon's and gets Tmo updates.
    FWIW, Asurion offers a local screen replacement option for $79, I think. Wife broke her Moto Z Play, and about an hour after we dropped it off at the local shop, she had a new screen. Avoids 1) refurb roulette, 2) huge headache of setting up a replacement phone, 3) $150-200 deductible. Win all around, I'd say.

PS I've replaced a lot of phones through Asurion over the years, and about 80% have been refurbs, of which a couple have had to go back.
    01-04-2018 11:16 AM