On Samsung galaxy 8
    05-02-2017 02:43 PM
    Launch contacts app > hit your profile at the top > hit edit which is next to share > choose a picture.
    05-02-2017 03:12 PM
    Hi, would anyone happen to know a way to delete the stock photo the app generates.. All I have is more choices and cannot see a way to choose no photo.. I'm stuck with a photo of giraffe.. lol
    09-19-2017 12:03 PM
    Hi, would anyone happen to know a way to delete the stock photo the app generates.. All I have is more choices and cannot see a way to choose no photo.. I'm stuck with a photo of giraffe.. lol
    When you go to edit your profile click the red line to delete and the option to take a new picture or add a picture from the gallery will come up. I'll see if I can post a screen shot.
    09-19-2017 03:21 PM
    09-19-2017 03:24 PM
    Thank you.... so I guess there is no way to just have no photo and display an initial from my name as all of my other contacts do within a message.... I am trying to go back to that.
    09-19-2017 04:36 PM
    Thank you.... so I guess there is no way to just have no photo and display an initial from my name as all of my other contacts do within a message.... I am trying to go back to that.
    Now that I'm not sure about.
    09-19-2017 05:27 PM
    I changed my Messaging photo by taking a new one. Maybe not the perfect answer for you, but at least you won't be a giraffe any more [I was a fern leaf...].
    09-27-2017 10:42 AM
    ...display an initial from my name...
    In the absence of anything else, you could go this round about way;
    Type a large font letter (J?) in a word doc. Take a screen shot, save as a jpg and crop as needed. Upload it to your profile.

Hokey I know, but it should work.
    12-12-2017 03:23 PM
    In the absence of anything else, you could go this round about way;
    Type a large font letter (J?) in a word doc. Take a screen shot, save as a jpeg and crop as needed. Upload it to your profile.

Hokey I know, but it should work.
    Not so hokey... I've actually done this before for people I don't have pics of but didn't want a blank icon.
    12-12-2017 05:04 PM
    Ok Mary Beth, so maybe you can help me with this;
    Galaxy S7 (Rogers if it matters).
    Standard default "Messages."
    I cannot get a profile pic into that rig no matter what I do.
    I have googled and been through EVERY conceivable how to site and process and just can't get it.
    I follow the steps outlined above and every other DIY I can find; nada!
    My own "contact" with number and pic is fine. Whatsapp is fine.
    The pic I use and want with my messages is in the gallery.

Going nutz here.
    12-12-2017 09:59 PM
    Ok Mary Beth, so maybe you can help me with this;
    Galaxy S7 (Rogers if it matters).
    Standard default "Messages."
    I cannot get a profile pic into that rig no matter what I do.
    I have googled and been through EVERY conceivable how to site and process and just can't get it.
    I follow the steps outlined above and every other DIY I can find; nada!
    My own "contact" with number and pic is fine. Whatsapp is fine.
    The pic I use and want with my messages is in the gallery.

Going nutz here.
    I've got you covered I think but won't have time til tomorrow to explain... Check you tomorrow.
    12-12-2017 11:11 PM
    I've got you covered I think but won't have time til tomorrow to explain... Check you tomorrow.
    Cool, thanks, I look forward to seeing what you got.
    Nite!
    12-12-2017 11:20 PM
    Real quick... Have you made a contact of yourself? Not the profile pic on top, but added an actual contact entry of you?
    12-12-2017 11:23 PM
    Real quick... Have you made a contact of yourself? Not the profile pic on top, but added an actual contact entry of you?
    Yup.
    Also, for what it's worth, I switched to (Google) Android Messages and it didn't grab a profile pic either.

This is the only thing that didn't stick when I moved over from my S4.
    12-12-2017 11:50 PM
    Yup.
    Also, for what it's worth, I switched to (Google) Android Messages and it didn't grab a profile pic either.

This is the only thing that didn't stick when I moved over from my S4.
    Darn. Thought I had the answer but maybe not. Just FYI I use Samsung Messages and contacts apps. If I change the profile pic at the top in contacts app, it does Not change the pic in my messages.
    If I change the pic of me that's in my actual contacts list (saved to Google) then the pic transfers over to my messages app. Sorry. Thought I had the answer, but if you've already changed the picture in the actual contacts list and it didn't work then I'm stumped. Possibly delete yourself in the list then re-ad , if you haven't already done so.
    12-13-2017 07:11 AM
    Thanks for trying and I hope it isn't on your brain all day like an ABBA song.
    I have tried everything, except a rubber mallet.

It will probably come down to something so simple no one thought of it.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    12-13-2017 09:03 AM
    Thanks for trying and I hope it isn't on your brain all day like an ABBA song.
    I have tried everything, except a rubber mallet.

It will probably come down to something so simple no one thought of it.
    LOL, so sorry and good luck.
    12-13-2017 09:38 AM
    LOL, so sorry and good luck.
    Oh now, don't be sorry. It isn't a big deal, just a challenge I won't give up on. I hate to be beaten.

I've posted it in the S7 section so let's see what they come up with besides "do this, do that and eat a Nanaimo Bar."
    12-13-2017 11:07 AM
    Oh now, don't be sorry. It isn't a big deal, just a challenge I won't give up on. I hate to be beaten.

I've posted it in the S7 section so let's see what they come up with besides "do this, do that and eat a Nanaimo Bar."
    Love your attitude :-)
    12-13-2017 12:02 PM
    sweetypie31 is correct, but ill add, when the picture comes up for you to take a picture, press save. It will take away the image and put it back to the letter of your first name.
    07-02-2018 10:49 AM