T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Anyone replace the stock dialer or contacts?

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So I am okay with the stock dialer and contacts app, but a few minor things about the interfaces for both bug me. I was thinking of replacing the dialer with the stock google dialer (called "phone" in the GP store) but it says the device is not compatible.

Anyone else using a different dialer? Truecaller seems to be the most popularwith 4.9 million(!) reviews. Drupe caller seems to have a weird interface. All the others I looked at had relatively few reviews, or typos in the descriptions/pictures, which does not instill confidence.

Kamran Mamedi

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey!!

Kamran here working for Truecaller.

We've recently launched a new version where the dialer has got an super good response from our users. We offer a lot of features but some of them are for instance "Availability" to see if other Truecaller users are "available" or "on a call" (possible to disable within settings).
We've partnered with Google DUO in order to make video calls directly within the app but that will be available soon.

In addition to this, a SMS app has been integrated to keep your inbox nice and clean from spam. All communication is available in Truecaller so you can make calls, send sms and even send "Flash messages" to other Truecaller users (android to android). Flash message is new feature and is used to send quick messages like asking friend to go to lunch or share location and it's free to send them.

And don't forget about the Spam filter which is being updated on daily bases. And we identify spam calls all over the world as we're global and have a strong user base all over the world.

Feel free to try it out and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Have a nice day,
Kamran

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I installed Truecaller and really liked it, but deleted it due to incessant nagging. The ads are okay but the nagging is truly annoying, especially if you don't let it manage SMS also. They also seem unable to answer a simple question about how much the Pro version costs and what exactly you get from paying for it. Good app with very substandard support.

sraj49

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded and installed Truecaller, the latest version But when I click on video it takes me to Hanggoouts and not Google Duo.

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the Google phone from Apkmirror. Download the one that says "nonexus" only one that seems to work. You'll have to make it your default phone also but going to it in the app settings & changing the permissions

sarac1234

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Truecaller is for sure the biggest, but you should definitely give Eyecon a chance (where I also work)

Eyecon has focused on creating an inuitive, all in one, photo based dialer. We have over 2 million users and hopefully no typos in our description :)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Google phone from Apkmirror. Download the one that says "nonexus" only one that seems to work. You'll have to make it your default phone also but going to it in the app settings & changing the permissions
Could you please provide the actual apkmirror link that you use to download the Google phone dialer application? I tried downloading it myself on my s8 but it says app is not compatible with your phone. Thank you so much! !

JPR45

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Truecaller is for sure the biggest, but you should definitely give Eyecon a chance (where I also work)

Eyecon has focused on creating an inuitive, all in one, photo based dialer. We have over 2 million users and hopefully no typos in our description :)

Typos... Or something else

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried TreuCaller but gave up. There were a few things about the interface I did not like and the were way too many ads which were distracting, but the worst part was their support. I must have sent them 6 emails on a subject and they NEVER answered. All they did sya was sorry have nit answered yet hope it is resolved. If not resolved respond to this email. I kept doing that and they never answered.

I finally sent them an email and a Facebook message saying that I uninstalled their app and never intend to reinstall.

Now they keep sending me emails asking me to review their support, which of course I did review each time they request.

I am now using Contacts+ and I like it better than TrueCaller and they responded to my questions.