08-24-2017 12:05 AM
69 123
tools
    Do people really like the way Samsung Inet does tabs?

Instead of Chrome's easy swipe from the address bar to switch them (and keep a consistent order to the tabs).

That's the main reason I use chrome.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    05-04-2017 07:38 PM
    Do people really like the way Samsung Inet does tabs?

Instead of Chrome's easy swipe from the address bar to switch them (and keep a consistent order to the tabs).

That's the main reason I use chrome.
    I totally agree with you. I've switched back and sticking with chrome
    05-05-2017 01:55 AM
    You can use the Google Home app and cast your entire phone screen. It's not as fluid or easy as casting through Chrome but it still works
    Yeah, I know. It's definitely not as fluid. It is so much nicer to be able to send just the video. Quicker, no lag, and better picture. I'm not a fan of how tabs are used on Samsung browser. I haven't noticed much difference in speed with chrome either.
    05-05-2017 02:02 AM
    Been using Samsung Internet (and now, beta) since the S7 got Android 7. Continue to use it on the S8 now as well, and I like it.

I see no compelling reason to go back to Chrome on my phone.
    I have always been so used to using Chrome on my phones of course as well. I obviously use Chrome on my laptop, but using Samsung broswer now i love the themeing of the browser, I personally love the way it does quick bookmarks in the URL bar, and i do like the way it does tabbing. For me, I have disabled Chrome, and I enjoy using samsung internet for everything. Again, aesthetically, that black bar in the navigation button area in Chrome got soo annoying, and the fact that the Samsung browser Does Not have that feature is nice! Especially with a eafutlly fully saturated fully AMOLED screen like what we've got on our S8's!
    05-05-2017 07:14 AM
    I have always uses the Samsung Internet app. Never had any issues with it. I never liked Chrome in a any platform so I usually stick with whatever Internet app is available. Like Samsung Internet app for my phone and Safari for my MacBook Pro.
    eric002 likes this.
    05-05-2017 07:44 AM
    I have played with Chrome and Samsung Internet and like using Samsung Internet. It seems fast and I like the biometrics on websites, disappearing menu bar at the button, the built-in reader view and dictionary. I also like the little Saturn icon.
    eric002 likes this.
    05-05-2017 09:04 AM
    For those that want the autocomplete of URL's to transfer over...remember that you had to go through that with Chrome at first too. The only reason the autocomplete can autocomplete is because at one point you typed in the URL yourself.
    11B1P likes this.
    05-05-2017 09:39 AM
    Wow iam shocked to see so many recommend the samsung browser! Admittedly i haven't really given it a chance but chrome def looks a lot better imo and speed wise its more then fast enough so for me its chrome but after reading this thread i might go back and give samsung a chance
    05-06-2017 10:37 AM
    Tried it, not having it. The Chrome extension on PC to sync the bookmarks doesn't sync it very often which means that 24 hours later I didn't have one of my latest bookmarks and had to go to Chrome to get it. So I'll stick with it.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    05-06-2017 12:04 PM
    Neither

Adblock browser, I refuse to use my mobile bandwidth loading ads.
    deadbeatles likes this.
    05-06-2017 12:22 PM
    Not to throw a wrench in it, but if you use google assistant, ok google wont it open up the google chrome? Will you guys be using bixby if you are happy with the samsung browser?
    Nope. Opens in Samsung browser
    05-06-2017 03:45 PM
    Samsung browser. Chrome is a resource hog.
    05-06-2017 03:49 PM
    Neither

Adblock browser, I refuse to use my mobile bandwidth loading ads.
    This one? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ckplus.browser

Last update is Feb 2016. It's almost certainly not as secure as Chrome or Samsung Internet. Samsung Internet has an adblock "extension" available.
    05-07-2017 12:25 AM
    Tried it, not having it. The Chrome extension on PC to sync the bookmarks doesn't sync it very often which means that 24 hours later I didn't have one of my latest bookmarks and had to go to Chrome to get it. So I'll stick with it.
    Thanks for sharing. I'd wondered about this. With Chrome, the autocomplete is shared across devices in real time as well, so you don't have the problem of a new browser's having to learn your most frequently visited sites. Gave the Samsung browser a try. I liked it, but I went back to Chrome because of the tight integration between my S8+ and my PC—and even my ancient Nexus 7 tablet.
    11B1P, dlalonde and DMP89145 like this.
    05-07-2017 04:57 AM
    Not attempting to sway you, but for reference sake, you can force an update from Chrome on your computer at any time. Just click the Samsung icon, then the icon to the right of "Chrome Bookmarks", hit "Add" and it updates immediately.
    dlalonde likes this.
    05-07-2017 07:46 AM
    Not attempting to sway you, but for reference sake, you can force an update from Chrome on your computer at any time. Just click the Samsung icon, then the icon to the right of "Chrome Bookmarks", hit "Add" and it updates immediately.
    Yeah but that's the point. I wasn't near my computer when I needed to check it out whereas on Chrome it's instantaneous. If they'd change the extension to make it 'listen' to changes then that would be great.

But thanks for the tip!
    05-07-2017 12:37 PM
    I use the LastPass app fill for my passwords and it doesn't seem to be compatible with Samsung Internet, so I continue to use Chrome. It's nice that Samsung put a lot of thought into their browser. I don't disable one or the other. There are sometimes for whatever reason it's helpful to have two browsers especially if you think one of them is not rendering the page properly or at all.
    05-07-2017 09:48 PM
    You know I was loving Samsung's​ Internet app, but it seems every time open it I get this. I may switch back to Chrome just to avoid this spam crap. NO I don't want to rate your app Samsung!
    I have been using Samsung Internet since day one.....I like it. If you have not solved issue just contact Sammy Support......or use Smart Tudor app that should already be installed on your Samsung device. If you call Sammy Support in America ask to speak to Samsung USA Support...wow, what a big help by working with real proper English speaking people!!!!....the asians are pretty nice yet they want to talk 100 mph....like we should understand instantly...its because they get thousands of support calls. Many Americans are unaware of Samsung USA Tech Support!.....spread the word and help other Sammy Americans.

....and I have never seen what you are seeing on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5. Thats weird...hope this helps you.
    08-21-2017 05:42 PM
    I find tab switching clunky on Samsung Internet. Tabs change relative position. And can't swipe over to change tabs (have to go to tabs view and find tab you want, the order of which might've changed). Or am I missing something?
    Swipe left / right on the tool bar at the bottom to switch tabs.
    08-24-2017 12:05 AM
69 123