05-09-2017 11:42 AM
73 123
tools
    No issues with mine or my wife's. Both are S8+ and on sprint.
    05-03-2017 08:26 AM
    I read your post in the other thread so I'll reply to this one, Go ahead, do it, best phone right now, as simple as that.

All phones will have some issues here and there, some defective units will always be shipped, like it has been said here, no phone will be 100% trouble free, the red tint that I think is the most wide spread "issue" was discarded by Samsung since the beginning as to be software fixed, so far it seems it's true, I was waiting for the update to see if I'd get a replacement as I had the "pinky" tint on the edges, but it was so subtle that I really didn't pay too much attention to it, but I'm glad to say that it was indeed fixed by simply moving a notch to the cooler side the new available settings. Some people will still complaint that it only fixes it on the Adaptive Display mode and it's true, so for those people the only option will be to get a replacement and see if it's better for them.

For the rest of "issues", I haven't seen any other, not on mine or in the other 3 S8 that I interact in a daily basis here at work and at home.
    Thanks for your feedback! Yes, it is good to know that they added the settings to adjust the edge of the screen. That does seem to be a fix. I guess I just so badly want to be one of those that doesn't have ANY of the reported issues whatsoever. Hahaha. But yeah I'm probably going to go for it honestly, I've been missing my galaxy phones so much, I used to have a Note 5 that got stolen and I miss it dearly. I'm due for my upgrade now and I honestly don't have the patience to wait for the Note 8 LOL.
    05-03-2017 08:30 AM
    ha I don't want to really put it in a case. But I would be too scared of dropping it. I could get a clear case though. Maybe I'll get the wireless charger too.
    Get a wireless charger, you will love it. When you go to bed, just put phone on pad and presto, charging. You don't need fast wireless charger if your using while your sleeping, it'll be charged by morning with regular speed wireless charging. I have a fast wireless charger but I turn that feature off on my phone, I feel over using fast charging is hard on the battery.
    05-03-2017 08:32 AM
    Thank you. Yes when you hear this stuff it makes you nervous. But I like everything I see about this phone. Now I just have to make up my mind. s8 or s8 plus?
    If you get one that doesn't have any problems then you are going to love it. It really is a nice phone, really good battery life from my experience and so many cool features.

I'm sure there will be a fix at some point soon, but for me after going through 2 different phones and having the same restarting and SD card issue I returned it. Maybe after a few months and it seems the issues are gone I might even attempt another one.
    05-03-2017 08:45 AM
    Had my s8+ since the 19th and zero problems so far. Best phone since the note 7 and the battery is amazing. The phone runs super cool too even after an hour in the VR.
    05-03-2017 08:52 AM
    No problems here. Lovin' it!
    05-03-2017 11:06 AM
    Hmm the iPhone threads with issues upon release are much larger than this ...So nothing to worry about with the S8 in comparison
    T48 likes this.
    05-03-2017 11:49 AM
    I never got the impression that this phone has many issues. Based on past phone releases, these S8 issues threads are very few compared to others. Most issues people are having are not widespread and correctable.
    No issues whatsoever with mine.
    05-03-2017 12:00 PM
    No issues with my S8+. Best phone I've owned so far.
    05-03-2017 12:01 PM
    No issues with my S8 + Great phone & I highly recommend it.
    05-03-2017 12:05 PM
    Just recieved my 3rd S8+ as the first two had the pink/red screens. Was starting to lose patience with the whole thing but my latest replacement is perfect (touch wood!). So it just goes to show there are devices out there that don't suffer these problems but I was also unwilling to compromise on the red screen issue even though I would describe mine as only being mildly affected.

As with any mass produced product there will be teething issues espicially if it is a brand new model. You will only ever hear the problems on forums like this! Just wait and see the issues that will pop up on the apple iphone forum come September, particularly if they go to OLED displays!
    05-03-2017 12:46 PM
    People only really search online once they have problems, find a forum like this and ask questions or complain.

Rarely do you get the 'average Joe' going online to a random forum like this to post praise.

No issues with my S8+
    05-03-2017 01:09 PM
    I was planning on getting this phone. But it seems so many are having issues with their phone. So how many of you are having no issues with their phone?
    Got mine April 20. No issues at all. I'm terribly impressed.
    amyf27 likes this.
    05-03-2017 01:36 PM
    Absolutely none of the issues that people are supposed to be reporting. It's been absolutely flawless for me since day one. Not just saying that but it really has
    05-03-2017 02:01 PM
    I got the galaxy s8. I stuck with the smaller size. I love the phone so far. Only issue I have is with messenger. It will crash every now and then. Also everytime I go into messenger it says it has to connect to server? None of my other phones have done this. It take a while for it to load also. Other than that so far everything is running smooth. Thank you everyone for your input.
    05-04-2017 02:35 PM
    I have a tmobile 8+ no issues here. Very happy with phone
    amyf27 likes this.
    05-04-2017 03:37 PM
    I was planning on getting this phone. But it seems so many are having issues with their phone. So how many of you are having no issues with their phone?
    I have the S8+ on Verizon. No issues at all. Absolutely love the phone.
    05-04-2017 03:42 PM
    The only issue I have is the red tint on the screen.
    05-05-2017 12:14 AM
    No problems here.
    05-05-2017 01:40 AM
    No problems with S8 plus, awesome device 😎
    05-05-2017 03:20 AM
    Uhmm...yea..look at all those problems...all.. 2 of those problems. Dqa and redscreen, both have patches already.
    The red screen issue isn't fixed with the patch. Samsung basically just paints over it and it will re-appear in a variety of circumstances (e.g. by enabling the blue light filter)
    05-05-2017 11:38 PM
    I have a tmobile 8+ no issues here. Very happy with phone
    Same here t-mobile eight plus
    05-06-2017 06:38 AM
    Zero issues with device number 2 besides the fact they didn't have my color when I exchanged it.
    05-06-2017 07:24 AM
    Uhmm...yea..look at all those problems...all.. 2 of those problems. Dqa and redscreen, both have patches already.
    One was a patch (DQA), the other is hardware. I had an S8 with the red tint and exchanged for one that doesn't have that at all. If it was software, then everyone would have this issue. Do a little more research here. The patch isn't working for everyone. Plus, there are bootloop issues as well. Again, read up.
    05-06-2017 08:52 AM
    Hey, OP, just wanted to let you know I was on the fence just like you are and I decided to go for it yesterday. DO IT. This phone is honestly beautiful in every way possible. And just do what I did, check for the red tint while you're setting it up in-store. I didn't see anything wrong with mine and I just love it. No reboot issues so far either. I don't think you'd regret it :-)
    05-06-2017 09:07 AM
73 123