S8 car charging issue

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So I'm on my way home and have my S8 plugged into my car charger (Aukey fast charger). Phone says it's fast charging as normal, but the battery is going DOWN, not up...

Thoughts?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So I'm on my way home and have my S8 plugged into my car charger (Aukey fast charger). Phone says it's fast charging as normal, but the battery is going DOWN, not up...

Thoughts?
Are you using GPS navigation and/or streaming music? If so, it can be hard for charging to keep up

Dewey3k

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I've got a similar problem. Sometimes my S8 charges super fast, sometimes it sits at a fixed percent for an hour, sometimes it loses charge. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm using GPS, audio, whatever. Sometimes if I unplug the charger from the cigarette lighter and plug it back in, the phone will charge fine or maybe it will only go up 5 percentage points and stop again.

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the car being hot, the phone being hot (no notification) or the charger itself being hot. It seems almost totally random.

Never happens with the stock charger.

Last edited:

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I've got a similar problem. Sometimes my S8 charges super fast, sometimes it sits at a fixed percent for an hour, sometimes it loses charge. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm using GPS, audio, whatever. Sometimes if I unplug the charger from the cigarette lighter and plug it back in, the phone will charge fine or maybe it will only go up 5 percentage points and stop again.

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the car being hot, the phone being hot (no notification) or the charger itself being hot. It seems almost totally random.

Never happens with the stock charger.

Mine charges perfectly normal if the car is cool or if the weather is under about 85. Once it starts getting up to the 90's then I need to cool the vehicle cab down before it'll start charging. It's the oddest thing. It happens with both mine and the wife's car (different chargers same cables) so I'm thinking it's either the phone or cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37