Texts automatically start with a space.

A

AC Question

On my Samsung galaxy s8 every time I open a new text or comment on Facebook there is a space before I even start typing. So I've found I have to hit backspace once before I start typing a text or Facebook comment. I cannot find a setting to fix this. Any idea how I stop this from happening?

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine capitalizes random words mid-sentence. Extremely annoying. Updating the software for Sprint variant now and hope it fixes the problem!

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Mine capitalizes random words mid-sentence. Extremely annoying. Updating the software for Sprint variant now and hope it fixes the problem!

My T-Mobile S8+ does the same thing. It also sometimes replaces words that are already in the dictionary (e.g. if I write "say" it'll auto-correct it to "day"). Very bizarre.

I just got the Bixby update...which curiously still does not include Bixby Voice. I wonder if this also fixes the keyboard problem.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was just me. I particularly dislike the space because the first letter of my sentence won't be capitalized. This really sets my ocd off.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You guys can keep being frustrated, or you can try SwiftKey as your keyboard, and I bet not only will it fix the problem, but you will like it much more than the stock keyboard

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
You guys can keep being frustrated, or you can try SwiftKey as your keyboard, and I bet not only will it fix the problem, but you will like it much more than the stock keyboard

It most likely will help those who are having these issues, as I use it and don't have these issues, but that's not the point. People shouldn't have to download third party keyboards. The stock one should just work. It should actually be the best keyboard experience you can have with any given phone, but for some reason that just isn't the case.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

I had swiftkey for a while but it started to look and feel old. I've been using the Samsung keyboard since the S6. I'll try swiftkey again I guess.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had swiftkey for a while but it started to look and feel old. I've been using the Samsung keyboard since the S6. I'll try swiftkey again I guess.
There are so many themes and customizations, I don't see how you couldn't set it up to feel fresh and new.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine isn't a space, but almost like I hit enter. I thought it was the Messages app though, not the keyboard. It's the only app it happens in for me.

rkenarney

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site

Or we could just identify how to fix this issue... Running away to another keyboard solves nothing.

lesley_123456

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
On my Samsung galaxy s8 every time I open a new text or comment on Facebook there is a space before I even start typing. So I've found I have to hit backspace once before I start typing a text or Facebook comment. I cannot find a setting to fix this. Any idea how I stop this from happening?

I was having the same problem; went to settings and reset settings and it fixed the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae