So I know now I need to download a launcher or ten. I tried one just to test I believe it is Nova Launcher. Issue is none of the apps I have set up on my screen are there, everything changes to what Nova has set up. Is there any way to keep my original apps set up when I switch to a different launcher? I really am only doing this to be able to use icon packs.
    05-03-2017 10:25 PM
    So I know now I need to download a launcher or ten. I tried one just to test I believe it is Nova Launcher. Issue is none of the apps I have set up on my screen are there, everything changes to what Nova has set up. Is there any way to keep my original apps set up when I switch to a different launcher? I really am only doing this to be able to use icon packs.
    Any time you install a new launcher, it will set up it's defaults. There isn't a way around this.
    uncreativeartist likes this.
    05-03-2017 11:00 PM
    I prefer to use TouchWizz and download themes and icons from the Samsung Theme Store.

If you perform a search on the forum there are some great threads discussing the various types of launchers etc. Some really good information within them too.
    05-03-2017 11:53 PM
    Nova has an option under "Backup & import settings" to "Import desktop layout from another launcher." I've never used it, so don't know how well it works. I'm assuming Touchwiz would be one of the launchers it could omport.
    uncreativeartist likes this.
    05-04-2017 12:23 AM
    I use Nova as well. It has really good features in addition to good backup for importing later when you get another phone.
    05-04-2017 12:54 AM
    Thank you all for the info. I am starting to search now and see what I can find out.
    05-04-2017 06:45 AM
    Well my searching sucks. I did a google search and only found a little info on only a couple of launchers. Touchwhiz is the default on my SG8+ and I cannot find any compatible icons or anything for it. I am going to try Nova Launcher it seems to be the one talked about most on here. So here I go, wish me luck.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    05-04-2017 07:10 AM
    Touchwhiz is the default on my SG8+ and I cannot find any compatible icons or anything for it.
    You can long press on your home screen, select "Wallpapers and themes", then when that opens, click "Icons" at the bottom to see some different icon packs that you can use with TouchWiz.
    05-04-2017 07:52 AM
    You can long press on your home screen, select "Wallpapers and themes", then when that opens, click "Icons" at the bottom to see some different icon packs that you can use with TouchWiz.
    OOOOOOH! Man I think my mind is definitely gone. All the times I have been in the wallpapers and themes section and I did not see those.
    DWS44 likes this.
    05-04-2017 07:57 AM
    When installing nova you can import your original layout and it will match. You have to set up the widgets but it does put things where you had them.
    05-04-2017 10:24 AM
    When installing nova you can import your original layout and it will match. You have to set up the widgets but it does put things where you had them.
    Yeah I need to uninstall and reinstall Nova Launcher. It crashes when I try to import a layout from another launcher.
    05-04-2017 10:31 AM