5 Day Old S8 Cracked Back on Mat

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Definitely agree with some of the responses. It definitely doesn't look like it just fell from chair height onto a mat without hitting something else.
Not saying you're lying. But, you would have a hard time convincing Samsung that this was a defect and not abuse.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your post mate. I actually am a bit lucky that I enrolled in a VIP service provided by Samsung in my region for premium flagship owners. I went to the samsung official service center but the part is not yet available. Once available they shall fix it for free (the VIP service covers one accidential damage throughout the whole year which I guess was too early for me :( just waiting impatiently to fix it)

Considering how inexpensive the back glass is on the GS6 (I know, not your phone), have you considered just replacing it yourself? The teardown videos don't look horribly difficult. It would really stink if you broke the front glass during the year, after using your one freebie on the inexpensive and comparatively easy to replace back glass, because the front and screen are not inexpensive or easy to replace at all...

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Considering how inexpensive the back glass is on the GS6 (I know, not your phone), have you considered just replacing it yourself? The teardown videos don't look horribly difficult. It would really stink if you broke the front glass during the year, after using your one freebie on the inexpensive and comparatively easy to replace back glass, because the front and screen are not inexpensive or easy to replace at all...

How does that affect the water resistance?

Commandermadi

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
That DEF looks like a hit. Sorry to say but no way are they going to help you with that. Thats not manufacturers fault. Good luck!

I have VIP coverage for a one-time repair for any accidental damage but the spare part is not yet available. They will issue a replacement for the device if the spare part was still not available after a month from my service request. I sent it to service center yesterday so hopefully I will either get it fixed soon or I will have to wait till 4th of June to receive a new replacement.

NB: This VIP thing is in my region only. I am not aware about other services elsewhere.

Commandermadi

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Definitely agree with some of the responses. It definitely doesn't look like it just fell from chair height onto a mat without hitting something else.
Not saying you're lying. But, you would have a hard time convincing Samsung that this was a defect and not abuse.

I began to think that it really hit the chair before going down. But trust me it slide off my pocket while SITTING on this chair.

Commandermadi

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site

Well that is a good point to consider and to be honest many friends also suggested that. However, the spare part is not yet available in the official stores and not by any chance going to be available any time soon at any local mobile store around. The chances that even the official store would receive the spare part from abroad before the deadline period (30 days) are so slim and if that was the case, they will give me a replacement. Let us hope that the spare part does will come in time :D

momen sherif

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Same issue

A had my 1 day old screen cracked by a slight drop on it back with a case but the screen cracked and it is not covered in the warranty.
They said it will cost me around 250 dollars 😭😭

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci