I was just interested in knowing peoples success rate at using face recognition to unlock your phone. It only works for me around 60% of the time it seems. Anyone have any tips on how to make this work more efficiently? For example - Do you need to be in a well-lit area for it to work properly? Just would like to get others experience with it.
    05-04-2017 04:00 PM
    I haven't used it, but did try it initially and well-lit areas are a must, obviously (this isn't like Iris scanning that can work in dark environments as the camera needs to see your face), BUT what also matters is how you register it. If the room is darker or too bright, it might throw off the scanner in 'normal lit' situations. Same thing happens with iris.
    rdrive41071 likes this.
    05-04-2017 04:59 PM
    I have yet to try the Iris scanner - I'll give that a try and see if that is any better. I am not a fan of the fingerprint scanner on the back.
    05-04-2017 05:07 PM
    I'm a fan of the iris scanner. It is fast and recognizes my eye quickly.
    I haven't tried the face recognition and not sure that I would at this point.
    rdrive41071 likes this.
    05-04-2017 05:11 PM
    I would also say I am about 60% success with the face recognition, maybe 70
    rdrive41071 likes this.
    05-04-2017 05:16 PM
    I was just interested in knowing peoples success rate at using face recognition to unlock your phone. It only works for me around 60% of the time it seems. Anyone have any tips on how to make this work more efficiently? For example - Do you need to be in a well-lit area for it to work properly? Just would like to get others experience with it.
    I think what's important is where you register your face. Here's what I noticed. When I registered my face in lowish yellow light at home, face recognition would rarely work. When I registered my face at work in brighter blueish fluorescent, the face recognition worked much better. Granted, it went from about a 5% success rate to about 75%. I just use the fingerprint scanner. Works every time.
    05-04-2017 05:17 PM
    I have yet to try the Iris scanner - I'll give that a try and see if that is any better. I am not a fan of the fingerprint scanner on the back.
    I have not yet gotten the iris scanner to work once. It doesn't seem to matter what the lighting is. It will register lighting fast, maybe too fast. Recognizing the iris to unlock the phone? Nada.
    rdrive41071 likes this.
    05-04-2017 05:18 PM
    I think what's important is where you register your face. Here's what I noticed. When I registered my face in lowish yellow light at home, face recognition would rarely work. When I registered my face at work in brighter blueish fluorescent, the face recognition worked much better. Granted, it went from about a 5% success rate to about 75%. I just use the fingerprint scanner. Works every time.
    The main issue I have with the Fingerprint scanner being on the back is I can't get to it when it's mounted on my car mount, but understand without a physical home button it was the only place it could go.
    05-04-2017 05:49 PM
    same...the only mild gripe I have so far.
    05-04-2017 06:01 PM
    The main issue I have with the Fingerprint scanner being on the back is I can't get to it when it's mounted on my car mount, but understand without a physical home button it was the only place it could go.
    I had this same problem, but I just decided to use my car Bluetooth for Smart Lock, which has been a good solution for me.
    rdrive41071 likes this.
    05-04-2017 06:52 PM
    I'd say mine works 85% of the time. But the times it doesn't work is usually user error. (bad lighting, angle, etc.)
    rdrive41071 likes this.
    05-04-2017 06:56 PM
    I've been using nothing but the facial recognition. It's been near flawless. Everyone says you can't use it in dark areas but I have on numerous occasions. The lighting from your phone is enough light to recognize your face.

When I first set it up, I held my phone down as if I was walking on texting and in a well lit area. Even works when I'm wearing a hat.
    rdrive41071 likes this.
    05-04-2017 08:02 PM
    I didn't like the Iris. I did the tip of taking the face recognition picture at work under bright lighting.

Now my Face Recognition has been much higher.

I would still just prefer a finger print scanner on the front
    05-05-2017 10:25 PM
    It worked great the first day then after the update it quit working at all. Now I have noticed that it is working again so well that I was wondering why my phone was always unlocked at work since I do not have it set as a smart Lock location.
    05-05-2017 10:31 PM
    I'm using the face recognition and fps set up.

I would say it works 90% of the time.

Sometimes the fail I think is due to me not getting the phone at the right height / angle for the sensor to recognise me.
    05-06-2017 12:18 AM
    I've been using nothing but the facial recognition. It's been near flawless. Everyone says you can't use it in dark areas but I have on numerous occasions. The lighting from your phone is enough light to recognize your face.

When I first set it up, I held my phone down as if I was walking on texting and in a well lit area. Even works when I'm wearing a hat.
    Lucky you, mine never works when it wearing a hat. Maybe I wear mine lower than u do urs. Lol. This was what made me try out the iris scanner, but I still went back to facial rec anyway.
    05-06-2017 11:01 AM
    Lucky you, mine never works when it wearing a hat. Maybe I wear mine lower than u do urs. Lol. This was what made me try out the iris scanner, but I still went back to facial rec anyway.
    Surprisingly, mine works fairly often when wearing a hat, too.

I have more problems with glasses. If I don't have my glasses on, it won't unlock, and seems about 50-50 if I have my sunglass on instead of my regular glasses.
    05-07-2017 09:01 AM
    I am using facial recognition. Mine pretty works all the time in good lighting condition. But with my sunglasses, it doesn't work.
    05-07-2017 09:19 AM