Zagg Sapphire Defense Curve

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Can I take this new protector to my cell phone store and have this install it? I watched the video and it seems like simple install, but I'd find some way to mess it up. The tray on this protector I have really helped. Lol

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Can I take this new protector to my cell phone store and have this install it? I watched the video and it seems like simple install, but I'd find some way to mess it up. The tray on this protector I have really helped. Lol

The tray isn't used during the install. I think it's just for shipping.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just opened the Sapphire Defense and it comes clear hard plastic install/alignment tray. First I've ever seen something like this from Zagg. The instructions mention nothing about the tray and just the traditional install. :-\

I'll try to install this thing tomorrow and report back.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just opened the Sapphire Defense and it comes clear hard plastic install/alignment tray. First I've ever seen something like this from Zagg. The instructions mention nothing about the tray and just the traditional install. :-\

I'll try to install this thing tomorrow and report back.
There's an installment tray with the curved one I have.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Zagg protectors are for people who don't know better. If zag makes it, be it glass, plastic, or polyurethane, someone else makes the same thing at a fraction of the price.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Installed the Sapphire Defense today and the bottom line, it's a fail. Went on great, no bubbles, sides stuck down good and everything was just fine for about 1 hour. Let the phone sit for about an hour and when I came back both sides were popping up. Now, no matter how much or hard I push on the sides they will not stay down and the edges are loaded with tiny bubbles now.

Called Zagg and they are sending me a replacement. This could be user error as I have the protector on a c-hair high and a c-hair over to the right. I can tell you there is NO room for error with this protector, it's got to be on 100% perfect or there will be problems.
This protector is crystal clear, very smooth glass like feel and good smudge resistance. Much improved over the iPhone 7 Plus Sapphire defense I had on the iPhone several months back.

I'm going to try round two when the replacement arrives from ZAGG.

I'll leave this one on the phone until my replacement arrives from ZAGG.
My OCD will be kicking my @ss staring at those bubbles along the two sides though. :-\

I'm still not sold on that Whitestone Dome as it does not seem too case friendly.

Here's a couple quick pictures, I can't live with this. :-\
sd01.jpgsd02.jpgsd04.jpgsd03.jpgsd05.jpgsd06.jpg

Last edited:

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
This is such a scam. I realize that you don't plan on taking a torch to the display but still. It was run through a chemical analyzer and it barely has any glass or sapphire in it. False advertising and you paid way to much for something that probably could be accomplished by a $10 Chinese tempered glass protector.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
This is such a scam. I realize that you don't plan on taking a torch to the display but still. It was run through a chemical analyzer and it barely has any glass or sapphire in it. False advertising and you paid way to much for something that probably could be accomplished by a $10 Chinese tempered glass protector.

Agree to disagree.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my phone and my zagg curved popped off and now it won't stay on. I signed up for the warranty but I'm just wondering if I will get the same one or this diamond one. 😣😩

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Just my 2 cents but I paid $11 and change for the iq liquid shield 2 pack. I had the saphire for my iPhone 7 plus and had those tiny bubbles all over my screen and Best buy even installed for me they never went away. Anyway back to the iq shield. This went on I think it looks great and it definitely has the same feel as the saphire did.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my phone and my zagg curved popped off and now it won't stay on. I signed up for the warranty but I'm just wondering if I will get the same one or this diamond one. 😣😩

You should get the same one. They told me you can request backwards on warranty but not forward.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon