05-10-2017 11:14 AM
43 12
tools
    Does lint and junk stick to the edges of the protector?
    05-06-2017 09:31 AM
    Just opened the Sapphire Defense and it comes clear hard plastic install/alignment tray. First I've ever seen something like this from Zagg. The instructions mention nothing about the tray and just the traditional install.

I'll try to install this thing tomorrow and report back.
    05-07-2017 06:42 PM
    Just opened the Sapphire Defense and it comes clear hard plastic install/alignment tray. First I've ever seen something like this from Zagg. The instructions mention nothing about the tray and just the traditional install.

I'll try to install this thing tomorrow and report back.
    There's an installment tray with the curved one I have.
    05-07-2017 08:08 PM
    There's an installment tray with the curved one I have.
    Is this the Zagg Glass? Is it used for installing the protector or just for packaging?
    05-07-2017 08:19 PM
    Is this the Zagg Glass? Is it used for installing the protector or just for packaging?
    Yes it's the zagg glass and yes it was used to install the protector. I had no idea what it was initially so I looked up the installation video and it was used on there.
    05-07-2017 08:59 PM
    Have you all seen Zack on YouTube review it. Haha
    Yes I saw that review. That video was jank.
    05-07-2017 09:23 PM
    Zagg protectors are for people who don't know better. If zag makes it, be it glass, plastic, or polyurethane, someone else makes the same thing at a fraction of the price.
    blaine07 likes this.
    05-07-2017 10:09 PM
    Installed the Sapphire Defense today and the bottom line, it's a fail. Went on great, no bubbles, sides stuck down good and everything was just fine for about 1 hour. Let the phone sit for about an hour and when I came back both sides were popping up. Now, no matter how much or hard I push on the sides they will not stay down and the edges are loaded with tiny bubbles now.

Called Zagg and they are sending me a replacement. This could be user error as I have the protector on a c-hair high and a c-hair over to the right. I can tell you there is NO room for error with this protector, it's got to be on 100% perfect or there will be problems.
    This protector is crystal clear, very smooth glass like feel and good smudge resistance. Much improved over the iPhone 7 Plus Sapphire defense I had on the iPhone several months back.

I'm going to try round two when the replacement arrives from ZAGG.

I'll leave this one on the phone until my replacement arrives from ZAGG.
    My OCD will be kicking my @ss staring at those bubbles along the two sides though.

I'm still not sold on that Whitestone Dome as it does not seem too case friendly.

Here's a couple quick pictures, I can't live with this.
    Zagg Sapphire Defense Curve-sd01.jpgZagg Sapphire Defense Curve-sd02.jpgZagg Sapphire Defense Curve-sd04.jpgZagg Sapphire Defense Curve-sd03.jpgZagg Sapphire Defense Curve-sd05.jpgZagg Sapphire Defense Curve-sd06.jpg
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    05-09-2017 08:26 PM
    I'm not wasting any money on screen protectors on this phone.
    Nubwy likes this.
    05-09-2017 11:10 PM
    Me too... I just bought insurance and will just figure it out if something happens
    05-10-2017 07:41 AM
    This is such a scam. I realize that you don't plan on taking a torch to the display but still. It was run through a chemical analyzer and it barely has any glass or sapphire in it. False advertising and you paid way to much for something that probably could be accomplished by a $10 Chinese tempered glass protector.
    05-10-2017 09:18 AM
    This is such a scam. I realize that you don't plan on taking a torch to the display but still. It was run through a chemical analyzer and it barely has any glass or sapphire in it. False advertising and you paid way to much for something that probably could be accomplished by a $10 Chinese tempered glass protector.
    Agree to disagree.
    05-10-2017 09:43 AM
    I dropped my phone and my zagg curved popped off and now it won't stay on. I signed up for the warranty but I'm just wondering if I will get the same one or this diamond one. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
    05-10-2017 10:12 AM
    Just my 2 cents but I paid $11 and change for the iq liquid shield 2 pack. I had the saphire for my iPhone 7 plus and had those tiny bubbles all over my screen and Best buy even installed for me they never went away. Anyway back to the iq shield. This went on I think it looks great and it definitely has the same feel as the saphire did.
    05-10-2017 10:39 AM
    I dropped my phone and my zagg curved popped off and now it won't stay on. I signed up for the warranty but I'm just wondering if I will get the same one or this diamond one. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
    You should get the same one. They told me you can request backwards on warranty but not forward.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    05-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Yeah all these curved tempered glass protectors come off really really easy. I'm not sure how they are supposed to actually protect.

I am now using a Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro case and I'm thinking if it's possible to find a really thin glass protector it may fit UNDER the front part of the case and that might hold it in place.

I'm not sure if that will make any difference in touch sensitivity though, which I feel was a huge problem with both the Zagg and Gpel.
    05-10-2017 10:50 AM
    I dropped my phone and my zagg curved popped off and now it won't stay on. I signed up for the warranty but I'm just wondering if I will get the same one or this diamond one.
    If you call them on the phone and request it they more than likely will send you the Sapphire as they are the same price.
    The Sapphire is not that easy to get on perfect though.
    I dropped my phone and my zagg curved popped off and now it won't stay on. I signed up for the warranty but I'm just wondering if I will get the same one or this diamond one.
    Another post from my PC.
43 12