New Feature I am IN LOVE WITH - SMART LOCK

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is such a great feature. Find it in settings, then lock screen security, then smart lock.

In a nutshell it will keep your phone unlocked in places you trust.

For me, I have my work address setup so now I never have to unlock my phone while im in the office. Also setup to link to my car's wifi so whenever I am in my car I don't have to unlock my phone which gets annoying.

AMAZING.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Glad your loving it. It does come in handy. Just be careful. That means other people don't have to worry about it too. I'm not talking about your co-workers; you trust them enough to be comfortable with it. I'm talking about visitors who don't work in your office and you don't know very well or not at all.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I completely agree. I was going to have my house setup but you never know! Work is a safe place for me. I work in a secured facility cameras everywhere. So work and car is perfect for me. So sweet. PS iphone lover for 5 years saw my phone said iphone is the best and my phone is whack. Handed it over to her, she wouldn't give it back to me. Next day she got orchid gray. #converted #didnteventrytoexplain

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep been using it for a long time now -- it is pretty awesome :). Works well for at work / in the car.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I love the idea of smart Lock but it's not working right for many people with S8s. There was another thread going last week about it. Google has acknowledged the issue and is working on it.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I love the idea of smart Lock but it's not working right for many people with S8s. There was another thread going last week about it. Google has acknowledged the issue and is working on it.

Correction, it's not just the S8, the issue is General, that's why Google is already working on a fix.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I never use smart lock. I want my device secured at all times. I have precious banking apps I don't need anybody else monkeying around with.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Smart Lock is great. Been using it for years as well. Have home, car and watch set up. I haven't seen an issue with it though.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
i get that but i keep those in my secure folder.

I keep the pictures my GF sends me in my secure folder.

But I don't like the thought of just anyone getting into my phone when it's unlocked. I get that people want ease of access in trusted locations, but it only takes a second to unlock your device with a fingerprint, face, or iris scanner.