Verizon Galaxy S8 can't play mp3 files that are on my s8

Mikalias

May 5, 2017
Visit site
There seems to be no player available for mp3 and I have read that you are supposed to use google play but that cost money for a subscription and I don't think it plays the files on your s8. Anybody have a app that I can download so I can play my mp3 files?

Mike

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
They have an official Samsung music player you can download from the Galaxy app store. Also Google at music doesn't charge for you to play your own mp3s.

Mikalias

May 5, 2017
Visit site
Ive herd that about the Sumsung store but how do you get there? Is it like the "Play store" but you need an app or is it on the web?

Mik

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
There seems to be no player available for mp3 and I have read that you are supposed to use google play but that cost money for a subscription and I don't think it plays the files on your s8. Anybody have a app that I can download so I can play my mp3 files?

Mike
Play Music plays locally stored music. And your done necessarily need a subscription. Streaming stations are wonderful, you just have advertisments.

I think you may need a subscription to cash music to your device. I could be wrong, I'm not sure.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Ive herd that about the Sumsung store but how do you get there? Is it like the "Play store" but you need an app or is it on the web?

Mik
The Galaxy app store should already be on your phone. It's just like the Google play Store, but geared more towards Samsung apps.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Play music will play local music files just fine. You don't need to subscribe. It'll also store up to 50k local mp3s you own from say in your computer. And you can stream those. You don't need to subscribe to use that feature.

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

Mike

Do yourself a favor and spend the $3.99 to download Power Amp Pro - No subscription - you own the app forever, and it's the best player out there for Android. There is even a 15 day trial version to try it out - But you will just eventually buy the full version anyway. It's that good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer.unlock&hl=en

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Google play is free - subscription is a choice. I use it to play my music stored on my phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If I had local music I'd use power amp. Most recommend it. I stream all my stuff though via Google Play Music with a subscription.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12