Sprint Galaxy S8 SG8 died

new2sg8

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Ive had my phone for 1 week. Last night with 80% charge it shut itself off. I tried powering back on, but did nothing. Put it back on charger, wouldnt charge. No light, nothing. Called carrier support, they had no idea, but wanted me to take to a store to see if can be repaired. I said no, i want it replaced. So now im waiting a day or 2 for new phone. Anyone else had this issue? The tech on phone had me try & hold power key & volume up key down at same timr. It did nothing.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It used to be Power + Home button, but since the latter is gone, now the phone's reset combo is Power and Volume DOWN... not sure why the rep told you to do it with up, but if you want to try that, it's with the volume down key. However, if it's not powering on or charging, I don't see how that would help much.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Havent experiwnced anything like that. I'm sure with this large scale production there'll be a few defective ones as there is with any volume production. Hopefully the new one arrives sooner than later

new2sg8

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Surprisingly, they overnighted it. Should be here today between noon and 4. BTW, the gear VR $99 bundle showed up today as well.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Surprisingly, they overnighted it. Should be here today between noon and 4. BTW, the gear VR $99 bundle showed up today as well.

Free apps are probably tied to the phones IMEI number. I never was able to get my free Gear VR content when I brought back my S7 for an S7 Edge.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Free apps are probably tied to the phones IMEI number. I never was able to get my free Gear VR content when I brought back my S7 for an S7 Edge.

They said that before but all my apps and bundles (3 so far, most 'overlap') show up on my account, just under 'not installed'. Or you can browse the Oculus store on the web and see them there (much easier than managing on your phone IMHO)

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Try the Up volume, Bigsby button and the power button at the same time

When it vibrates let go of the power and Bigsby button and keep holding the Volume up button till it has the little android man doing his thing.

new2sg8

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Tried that as well. It did absolutely nothing. The phone is stone cold dead. Fortunately a new replacement is coming today. Sprint overnighted it.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Tried that as well. It did absolutely nothing. The phone is stone cold dead. Fortunately a new replacement is coming today. Sprint overnighted it.

Make sure you only, ONLY use a Samsung Factory Brand Charger.

I used a after market charging pad , and messed up a battery some how on a Samsung phone a little while back
Don't ask me how.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Glad Sprint took care of it. Usually something like that would take 2 weeks to get it replaced by manufacture warranty. Hopefully it you won't experience it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol