Is System Lock Required to Setup Fingerprint?

consultant1027

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I hate the stock Lockscreen. Always been one of the poor designs aspects of Android. I'm actually on an LG G6 right now and SO frustrated that you can't setup a fingerprint without enabling the System Lock Screen. Some 3rd party screens (MS Next, Hi Locker, etc) support fingerprint unlock but you can't use them without also enabling system lock screen. Argh!!

I'm still within 14 days so thinking of returning G6 and getting an S8+.

So I'm trying to find out if the system lock screen requirement when setting up a fingerprint is a Marshmellow feature or a G6 feature. Can you disable the system lock screen on the S8 WITHOUT deleting the registered fingerprint ?

consultant1027

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
You can bypass the lock screen with a long press of the home screen.

I think you may have misunderstood the question. Essentially, I want to use a 3rd party lock screen and unlock it using the fingerprint sensor.

If you go into Settings, and you have a fingerprint setup and the system lock screen enabled, if you disable the system lockscreen, it deletes your registered fingerprints so you can't use the fingerprint sensor with *anything*, even the LastPass Password Manager app.

So again, my question is simply, on the S8, can you record and use a fingerprint without the stock system lock screen enabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol