11-23-2017 03:07 AM
59 123
tools
    I find it funny, maybe it is the phone.

I have 5 different wireless chargers 2 Tylt, 1 Off brand, 2 Samsung wireless fast chargers from my S7 edge and a car charger and they all work flawlessly. I even went to Ikea and tried the several different ones they have there built into furniture and those worked as well.

Not saying I am special, but maybe it is the phone and not the chargers.
    05-08-2017 10:34 AM
    I find it funny, maybe it is the phone.

I have 5 different wireless chargers 2 Tylt, 1 Off brand, 2 Samsung wireless fast chargers from my S7 edge and a car charger and they all work flawlessly. I even went to Ikea and tried the several different ones they have there built into furniture and those worked as well.

Not saying I am special, but maybe it is the phone and not the chargers.
    Dang that is a lot of wireless charging :P. I still don't have one yet .. One day I will buy one .. One day :-x
    05-08-2017 10:38 AM
    Some Galaxy S8 and S8+ users are having problems with Qi wireless charging

There's an article with a video demonstrating the exact same thing I'm experiencing. Except he's using the stand up charger. I really don't want to think that the issue is within the phone.

I called Sprint this morning, I meant to days ago but I've been so busy, and they told me to come on up and we'll figure out the problem. So I'm going to test to see if it works on the stand model or possibly swap out the one I have.

UPDATE: Okay! So! I just tried it with a regular non-fast charging block, and the wireless charging works just fine that way. It's only the fast charging that doesn't want to work wirelessly. I got the idea to try it this way from an official Samsung support thread from someone experiencing the same issue. That relieves me!!!
    05-08-2017 12:35 PM
    It should work with any qi charger.... IMO you should take it in and get a replacement.
    05-08-2017 12:44 PM
    Dang that is a lot of wireless charging :P. I still don't have one yet .. One day I will buy one .. One day :-x
    Yeah.... I got on board earrly with the note 4 I think. Purchased the wireless back for it.
    05-08-2017 12:45 PM
    It should work with any qi charger.... IMO you should take it in and get a replacement.
    I'm going in to Sprint today to figure it out. I REALLY don't want to have to exchange the phone, because besides that every little thing is absolutely flawless. This thread here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/.../thread-id/232 shows that MANY others are experiencing the same problem. I got the idea to try it with a regular charging block rather than the fast charging one, and that worked just fine, without any issues. So I know the phone can wirelessly charge. Many in that Samsung thread are saying that they have no issues with the newer model charger. I'm going to try testing it out with the stand-up charger when I get to the Sprint store. See if they'll work with me and I could possibly get that one instead.
    05-08-2017 12:52 PM
    Yeah.... I got on board earrly with the note 4 I think. Purchased the wireless back for it.
    Yeah I had them on previous phones but when I got rid of the phones I always bundled it with the sale to make the pot sweeter. If anything I probably would buy the Samsung Standing Fast Wireless Charger -- That one looks cool :P.
    05-08-2017 12:58 PM
    I'm going in to Sprint today to figure it out. I REALLY don't want to have to exchange the phone, because besides that every little thing is absolutely flawless. This thread here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/.../thread-id/232 shows that MANY others are experiencing the same problem. I got the idea to try it with a regular charging block rather than the fast charging one, and that worked just fine, without any issues. So I know the phone can wirelessly charge. Many in that Samsung thread are saying that they have no issues with the newer model charger. I'm going to try testing it out with the stand-up charger when I get to the Sprint store. See if they'll work with me and I could possibly get that one instead.
    I gotcha. But like I said mine works with every charger I can find what like 5 or 6 different ones I don't see why you're shouldn't too.
    1raygin likes this.
    05-08-2017 01:09 PM
    MANY others are experiencing the same problem.
    That's what I said back in post #17 .
    05-08-2017 01:11 PM
    I am not saying that everyone's isn't working correctly. Just wondering if it is the phone.
    05-08-2017 01:27 PM
    That's what I said back in post #17 .
    Yes, so since the phone is only officially approved to work with the new wireless charger, I'll test it out on there and if there's still a problem I'll start to worry. I'm at least glad that I found out that it'll non-fast charge on the wireless pad I have.
    ClintRo likes this.
    05-08-2017 01:39 PM
    Just an update, Sprint allowed me to swap out the old charging pad for the newer model stand-up one and the fast charge works just fine with it. I'm actually quite happy with how this worked out because in the end I ended up paying nearly nothing for a brand new model charger. Yay.
    ClintRo and badcat like this.
    05-12-2017 02:07 PM
    I am glad it all worked out for ya
    badcat likes this.
    05-12-2017 02:50 PM
    Have four S8/S8+ phones in the house.

Have twelve (yep, a dozen) Samsung Wireless Fast chargers in the house. They are a mix of the older flat, the stand and the new convertible fast-charge pads. You can pretty much set a phone down somewhere in the house and there is a high probability it will be sitting on a charger.

So far, no combination of phone/charger fails to operate properly, although with 48 total permutations I suppose not every one has been tried out yet.

Something wasn't right with your hardware.
    05-12-2017 03:04 PM
    That is what I was trying to say.... but I only have one phone and about 6 chargers....LOL
    05-12-2017 03:09 PM
    ...but I only have one phone and about 6 chargers....LOL
    yeah, wow, and I thought you were overachieving
    05-12-2017 04:04 PM
    Yes, I agree with you both, something probably wasn't right, but at the same time I also have seen many others displaying the same issue so I tried not to worry as much.

The way I see it now though is that I have the new model fast charger and it works flawlessly with my phone, so no reason to exchange the phone especially if at no point in time will I be attempting to use the older model charger. I honestly have zero issues with this phone so I don't want to swap it out for a potentially bad one that is affected by the other problems people have been talking about. Know what I mean? I'd rather just accept that I can't use the older model wireless charger and move on.
    badcat likes this.
    05-12-2017 04:40 PM
    Maybe here are some tips for your to use a qi wireless charger.

1.The wireless charger receiver should be placed on the center of charging pad. Otherwise the charging efficiency will be a little lower.
    2.Wireless charging receiver should be attached on charging pad tightly.
    3.If there is some gap between charging pad and receiver module, then charging efficiency will be lower.
    4. pls we advise you remove the case off from your phone when you are making the charge, Or it will cause the heat on your phone.
    08-09-2017 02:41 AM
    I just want to know if you get the replacement already ? How does it work?
    Interested to try one but also worrying it does not work well
    08-09-2017 04:26 AM
    It's the phone that is the problem, NOT the charger.

I found the solution for my Note 5 that started pausing at start of wirelessly charging and then the
    blue blinking light. It worked flawlessly for more than a year before this pausing glitch.
    I tried all the solutions online people suggested but none worked.
    The one that did work for me was clearing the cache a second time. I had already tried it earlier, but gave it another try and voila, the second time I cleared the cache it now charges wirelessly as it did before.
    BTW, I use an Otterbox cover and it charges fine through it.

Hope it works for you.
    robmidi likes this.
    08-23-2017 10:15 AM
    I have the latest wireless charger and have no issues with it.
    08-23-2017 09:16 PM
    It's the phone that is the problem, NOT the charger.

I found the solution for my Note 5 that started pausing at start of wirelessly charging and then the
    blue blinking light. It worked flawlessly for more than a year before this pausing glitch.
    I tried all the solutions online people suggested but none worked.
    The one that did work for me was clearing the cache a second time. I had already tried it earlier, but gave it another try and voila, the second time I cleared the cache it now charges wirelessly as it did before.
    BTW, I use an Otterbox cover and it charges fine through it.

Hope it works for you.
    I just got the S8+, PUT it in an Otter box Defender and it will charge, but only flat. If I stand it up, the "sweet spot" for charging is too high.
    08-26-2017 01:09 PM
    Hi all! Okay so today I finally went for it and picked up the beautiful S8+. The Sprint guy sucked me in and gave me a hell of a deal for a case, screen protector, and wireless charging pad all for $70. So I get home, all excited to try out the wireless charging... Only to find that it doesn't work! I place the phone on and it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, while saying "wireless charging paused" and then finally a notification that says "irregular charging detected." I have attached a photo of the exact charger I have. Anyone else experiencing this and/or know how to fix it? If it's a lost cause, I may just return it.
    Try to switch off the "always on" toggle when using the wilreless charging. That did the trick for me, using an S8 with the same type of wireless charger.
    08-31-2017 05:40 AM
    I fixed my older samsung fast charger with the power block from my old BlackBerry PlayBook. 100% functioning now
    09-02-2017 04:06 PM
    Return that pad. There are plenty of really cheap ones that work great. I have 3. You have to provide your own charger for most. I have a fast wireless pad from Pleson that works flawlessly. Under 17.
    09-03-2017 06:15 PM
59 123