Having issues with wireless charging

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I agree with you both, something probably wasn't right, but at the same time I also have seen many others displaying the same issue so I tried not to worry as much.

The way I see it now though is that I have the new model fast charger and it works flawlessly with my phone, so no reason to exchange the phone especially if at no point in time will I be attempting to use the older model charger. I honestly have zero issues with this phone so I don't want to swap it out for a potentially bad one that is affected by the other problems people have been talking about. Know what I mean? I'd rather just accept that I can't use the older model wireless charger and move on.

Time1999

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Maybe here are some tips for your to use a qi wireless charger.

1.The wireless charger receiver should be placed on the center of charging pad. Otherwise the charging efficiency will be a little lower.
2.Wireless charging receiver should be attached on charging pad tightly.
3.If there is some gap between charging pad and receiver module, then charging efficiency will be lower.
4. pls we advise you remove the case off from your phone when you are making the charge, Or it will cause the heat on your phone.

amazingkyo

Aug 9, 2017
Visit site
I just want to know if you get the replacement already ? How does it work?
Interested to try one but also worrying it does not work well

ravenjim55

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
It's the phone that is the problem, NOT the charger.

I found the solution for my Note 5 that started pausing at start of wirelessly charging and then the
blue blinking light. It worked flawlessly for more than a year before this pausing glitch.
I tried all the solutions online people suggested but none worked.
The one that did work for me was clearing the cache a second time. I had already tried it earlier, but gave it another try and voila, the second time I cleared the cache it now charges wirelessly as it did before.
BTW, I use an Otterbox cover and it charges fine through it.

Hope it works for you.

robmidi

May 3, 2017
Visit site
It's the phone that is the problem, NOT the charger.

I found the solution for my Note 5 that started pausing at start of wirelessly charging and then the
blue blinking light. It worked flawlessly for more than a year before this pausing glitch.
I tried all the solutions online people suggested but none worked.
The one that did work for me was clearing the cache a second time. I had already tried it earlier, but gave it another try and voila, the second time I cleared the cache it now charges wirelessly as it did before.
BTW, I use an Otterbox cover and it charges fine through it.

Hope it works for you.
I just got the S8+, PUT it in an Otter box Defender and it will charge, but only flat. If I stand it up, the "sweet spot" for charging is too high.

cilies

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi all! Okay so today I finally went for it and picked up the beautiful S8+. The Sprint guy sucked me in and gave me a hell of a deal for a case, screen protector, and wireless charging pad all for $70. So I get home, all excited to try out the wireless charging... Only to find that it doesn't work! I place the phone on and it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, while saying "wireless charging paused" and then finally a notification that says "irregular charging detected." I have attached a photo of the exact charger I have. Anyone else experiencing this and/or know how to fix it? If it's a lost cause, I may just return it.

Try to switch off the "always on" toggle when using the wilreless charging. That did the trick for me, using an S8 with the same type of wireless charger.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I fixed my older samsung fast charger with the power block from my old BlackBerry PlayBook. 100% functioning now

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Return that pad. There are plenty of really cheap ones that work great. I have 3. You have to provide your own charger for most. I have a fast wireless pad from Pleson that works flawlessly. Under 17.

da_goldstein

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Was there a resolution to this issue. I am having the same problem with my s8 and did a factory reset and still just in intermittent wireless charging.

Samsung said to send it back , but I don't want to be without a phone if it's a software issue.

Thanks

mikefiori1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
What I found is if unlock my phone and go into any application to sort of wake the phone then charging works. Not sure if this is a doze issue but doing this works for me every time. If I just set the phone on the charging pad even though after a delay it recognizes the charger and shows it is charging it doesn't seem to work or at best works sometime.

chingpang

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi, i am new here, i have the same issue, I have an all in one HP envy 34 B010 pc, and it have wireless charger on the computer.
I read about older/earlier wireless charger have "Qi, PMA" standard and all S7, S6 has "Qi, PMA" standard, that's why these phones works flawlesly with the wireless charger.
The S8 and S8+ and Note 8 has another wireless charging standard "PMA, WPC", maybe thats the cause of not charging proberly or not charging at all?

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I sometimes have this problem with the new Samsung wireless charger. I have to pick it up and place it back on the the charger two or three times for it to stop. It not consistent, so I it's hard to replicate and troubleshoot.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
just got my s8+ back from its 2nd trip to the Texas Samsung repair shop. The initial coil replacement did not work. It would show it was connected but would not charge.
This time, it works, case(Spigen ultrahybrid) on or off. Was without phone a week. Good turn-around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude