04-27-2018 03:39 PM
43 12
tools
    On my galaxy s5 it was simple to set up a 5 second delay when sending text messages (time to proofread). Is there any way to do this on the new s8??
    05-05-2017 05:44 PM
    I think if you use Textra you can do this.
    05-05-2017 06:49 PM
    Samsung messaging no...Textra, yes. Up to 9 second delay
    05-05-2017 06:51 PM
    Textra is better than the stock messaging app.User-defined delay up to 9 secs is great.
    Dan_B1979 and ogdlow like this.
    05-06-2017 05:39 AM
    I need the 45 second delay option back. It's the reason I didn't upgrade until now. My galaxy s5 broke so I had to upgrade to the s8. Why did they remove this option? I'm using textra now but the delay is only 9 seconds. I'm used to the s5 45 seconds.
    05-08-2017 08:52 PM
    I need the 45 second delay option back. It's the reason I didn't upgrade until now. My galaxy s5 broke so I had to upgrade to the s8. Why did they remove this option? I'm using textra now but the delay is only 9 seconds. I'm used to the s5 45 seconds.
    Email the developer and ask for that, they are real good at responding. They might do it, don't see why it would matter to have more time selection, they probably didn't think anyone would want that long.
    05-08-2017 09:21 PM
    Yes. Before sending a message, go to the settings of the message at the top right and "schedule message". Once you have set the date/time, hit send. It will have a clock icon when you sent it to reflect an outbox message that hasn't been sent yet until the scheduled time. I do this all the time. In fact, I sent a message 2 days from now.

Surprised nobody knows about this. Not necessary to download an app.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    05-09-2017 12:16 AM
    Yes. Before sending a message, go to the settings of the message at the top right and "schedule message". Once you have set the date/time, hit send. It will have a clock icon when you sent it to reflect an outbox message that hasn't been sent yet until the scheduled time. I do this all the time. In fact, I sent a message 2 days from now.

Surprised nobody knows about this. Not necessary to download an app.
    Yes it's called schedule message, Textra has that also, that would work but it would be a pain in the but for what the op wants. The op wants some time to glance over the message when they hit send for a quick proof read before it sends. By setting the time before send in settings on Textra it's automatic when they hit the send button, with schedule message you have to hit the schedule message option and select day and time.

I also use schedule message all the time, it comes in handy for reminders to people at a later date, or if you are sending a message at a late time at night you can schedule it to send in morning so you don't wake that person up, and so on, I love that feature, I use it all the time.

Don't be afraid to contact the developer, they want to make their app better, they don't want to bloat it up with useless crap like Verizon messages does, but this is an option they already have and might be willing to add some more time values, even suggest instead of selecting the choices they put for the user to select, maybe they can have it so the user can type in their choice of how many seconds they want.
    05-09-2017 07:06 AM
    How about just proof reading it before you hit send??? LOL :P
    pinkivy98, GC736, badcat and 11 others like this.
    05-09-2017 07:29 AM
    ...or wait 45 seconds before you send?
    05-09-2017 09:07 AM
    You can schedule a time for the message to be sent by using the setting for the native
    texting app.
    05-09-2017 09:59 AM
    LOL my exact thoughts... what the heck is the point of this thread? Makes no sense...
    05-09-2017 11:38 AM
    lol exactly what I was thinking!
    oneformula likes this.
    05-09-2017 11:46 AM
    With Textra yep
    05-09-2017 12:22 PM
    I did a video on this exact topic. Step by step guide on how to delay text messages :
    tube517 likes this.
    06-11-2017 07:34 AM
    It doesn't take that long to just proof read before sending. why would you send before reading what you wrote and want to proof read as you send it? That doesn't necessarily make any sense. I never send anything before I make sure I've read what I wrote
    B Hoste and anon(5630457) like this.
    06-11-2017 11:54 AM
    For those of you who think a few second delay in delivery of a sent text is laughable, you have a limited knowledge of people and their special needs!

I, personally, find the feature which was present on my s5, and currently not on my s7, an absolutely essential feature! First, I suffer from chronic hand tremors and, unfortunately, I frequently and "involuntarily" hit the "SEND" button before I am ready to send my message/text! The delay feature on my s5 was a godsend and saved me much embarassment! It allowed me enough time to retrieve my text in order to complete/fix it. Secondly, because of the new "wrap-around" design of the s7...which I strongly DISLIKE....I have had a greater occurrence of involuntarily sending texts before I have completed them...much less had time to proofread them! I am certain I am not the only android user with this problem! It was presumptuous of you and Samsung to think it was/is useless filler! Finally, it really isn't any of your business as to why someone would like to have such a feature! Nor is it appropriate to mock someone for using It!

So, I hope this has helped to enlighten some of you who think a short delay in sending a text is a useless feature! ... and is used only by morons!
    06-19-2017 03:30 PM
    For those of you who think a few second delay in delivery of a sent text is laughable, you have a limited knowledge of people and their special needs!

I, personally, find the feature which was present on my s5, and currently not on my s7, an absolutely essential feature! First, I suffer from chronic hand tremors and, unfortunately, I frequently and "involuntarily" hit the "SEND" button before I am ready to send my message/text! The delay feature on my s5 was a godsend and saved me much embarassment! It allowed me enough time to retrieve my text in order to complete/fix it. Secondly, because of the new "wrap-around" design of the s7...which I strongly DISLIKE....I have had a greater occurrence of involuntarily sending texts before I have completed them...much less had time to proofread them! I am certain I am not the only android user with this problem! It was presumptuous of you and Samsung to think it was/is useless filler! Finally, it really isn't any of your business as to why someone would like to have such a feature! Nor is it appropriate to mock someone for using It!

So, I hope this has helped to enlighten some of you who think a short delay in sending a text is a useless feature! ... and is used only by morons!
    You are a welcome asset to these forums. Instead of degrading someone for what they want, you pointed out a reason that would be beneficial for a delayed send feature. There is a point for this post, it's not wasted. Thanks for the kind and thoughtful reply, I can tell you are one that can think outside the box
    jbjtkbw007 likes this.
    06-19-2017 05:07 PM
    Kathleen,

I appreciate your response and I never thought of that before. If I came off as rude, I apologize.

I am sure one of the texting apps will provide the enhancements you and the OP seek. As far as the curved screen it looks like at least for the near future Sammy is going in that direction. Might I suggest the LG G6 or the newer G6 plus that is coming out. I have the G6 as a backup phone (purchased for under $300 on a special deal) and I was pleasantly surprised with how well it did. Also Swiftkey has a lot of customization with its keyboards that may help compensate for any issues and you can use it on any phone. (except iPhone...LOL)
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-20-2017 07:35 AM
    Textra can do this -- You can even schedule messages to send at a specific date/time .
    06-20-2017 01:15 PM
    On my galaxy s5 it was simple to set up a 5 second delay when sending text messages (time to proofread). Is there any way to do this on the new s8??
    I was asking the same question for my Galaxy s8. This feature is available in Chomp SMS, which is my default SMS. In addition to Textra (as noted by others), GO and Evolve. So, back to Chomp for me. Back to Chomp here.
    06-28-2017 11:42 PM
    I was asking the same question for my Galaxy s8. This feature is available in Chomp SMS, which is my default SMS. In addition to Textra (as noted by others), GO and Evolve. So, back to Chomp for me. Back to Chomp here.
    Chomp and textra are by the same developers so there will be a few similarities. I think textra is a cleaner text app without a lot of the extras I don't use. Verizon messages is horrible with extras that most don't need.
    06-29-2017 05:57 AM
    Not being petty or " trolling " - but you want a feature you can just implement yourself without the need for a 3rd party app or setting? lol just train yourself to proofread before hitting send..........................thats what I do, with email, text, etc. it doesn't matter...lol we are getting way too lazy and dependent on these phones !
    Iva_LadyDiCaprio98 likes this.
    06-29-2017 09:47 AM
    The reason I need 3 seconds delay when sending text message is sending to wrong person. I cand stop it before it's sent.
    Because the receiving message is notified on the top of the screen, I click on to reply, bring to previous text message which I sent last time. Then i write and send, it's too late to realise send to wrong person

Does anyone have the problem?
    brorex likes this.
    07-29-2017 05:16 PM
    Not being petty or " trolling " - but you want a feature you can just implement yourself without the need for a 3rd party app or setting? lol just train yourself to proofread before hitting send..........................thats what I do, with email, text, etc. it doesn't matter...lol we are getting way too lazy and dependent on these phones !
    Seriously. It boggles my mind how people just don't take 2 seconds of their time to proofread or make sure they're sending something to the right person. Some people really are getting far too dependent on technology that they expect technology to cater to their laziness. It literally takes a few seconds. Unless you're sending something provocative or inappropriate and you accidentally send it to the wrong person, I can see how that could go wrong, but like I said, take the extra 2 seconds to make sure you send it to the right person lmao
    07-29-2017 09:26 PM
43 12