5 things I HATE about the Samsung Galaxy S8

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No matter what phone you get there will be things you don't like. The things listed on this video are real minor issues, the FPS being the biggest issue but a lot ofpeople have said it's not as bad as they thought it would be. Between the three biometric unlock methods most people will find one that works for them. There always the pattern and pin unlock methods, so there are plenty of ways to unlock your​ phone.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I just want to say my FP scanner seems quicker than what he was showing. Also, with a case, I don't think I've ever touched the camera lens trying to unlock the phone. Bixby, the Iris and face recognition, and the home button are pretty annoying in very minute ways. I think Bixby is the worst of them all though.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
From a padewan trainee perspective, as mentioned previously, with all mass produced devices, there are going to be issues. There are also differences in user experience and expectations that these issues will affect or irritate more than others.

Bixby arguably should have been ready at launch and will be pushed out with continual updates making it better. It's an issue and one that has been previously acknowledged and bemoaned by thousands of posts both prior to and after launch. While we wait, there's Google assistant or the old fashioned way, hop on the Internet and diy. I am old enough to remember when there was no Internet.

FPS accuracy, onscreen home button, improved iris scanner and facial recognition. From a total non-expert. It would seem that some or all could be improved with software updates. Fast charging might be addressed on future devices such as the GN8 and GS9.

The placement of the fps, while not the best place, is an issue that is otherwise a issue of laziness. Whether you put a case on it or not, it's all muscle memory. Two possible reasons could be delays in having it incorporated in the onscreen home button and it's position being similar to the G6 would result in a smaller battery or a thicker device. We all know how sensitive Samsung is about batteries. Build a bridge and get over it. To me, just my opinion and not diminishing concerns by others who have a legitimate issue with it, it's a case of snowflake butt hurt and whininess. Getting tired of the whining in every single GS8 review video.

I like the fact that Samsung tries to push a multitude of features to best the competition. Think how many features that were introduced on previous devices that were annoying then but are much better now. From what I I understand, the edge panels were inadvertently reacting just by holding the device in the wrong way. I have had no issues with them on the GS8, my first curved display device. Do they try too hard and have duds and launch ones that aren't quite ready? Sure but this is a double edged sword. You will have complaints that Samsung isn't responding to consumers like other manufacturers.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
NEED HELP with S8 Plus
When i open the camera & click on Gallery it also shows pics of ScreenShots/WhatsApp videos and pics
I want to set it to only show me the Camera pics, when i click like it
Like it was in Older phones
PLease help me :(

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Ya but s8 or s8+ seems to have way more bugs at launch or may call it defects...its irritating for a buyer to pay around 900$
Lots of phones are bootlooping
Some having fps bugs
Some phones are just going dead
Red tint
Wifi issue
Bluetooth issue
I just hope samsung fixes all these asap...
Wish samsung would release a flat version with better placement of fps

hydrofarmer

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Seems like the spellcheck is all wacko... I am coming from a note 4 but it seems way off on suggestions and also learning seems to be tough for it to figure out certain things. I keep having to delete "You" mid sentence because it keeps capitalizing the Y. Hmmm....

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
It's true. There are many little annoyances that just add up to kind of a medium size annoyance in using the phone. I guess you get used to it, but in many ways the S8 is a step back from the S7 Edge.

I still think the S7 Edge is the superior phone despite the S8 looking a little sleeker.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
NEED HELP with S8 Plus
When i open the camera & click on Gallery it also shows pics of ScreenShots/WhatsApp videos and pics
I want to set it to only show me the Camera pics, when i click like it
Like it was in Older phones
PLease help me :(

I don't see an option to do that by default you open every time. But you can swipe to the right and in albums select camera that'll show only pics taken by camera.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Ya but s8 or s8+ seems to have way more bugs at launch or may call it defects...its irritating for a buyer to pay around 900$
Some having fps bugs
Red tint
Wifi issue
Bluetooth issue

You guys need some perspective. There are 5× the people buying the S8 right now than any other Android phone. Of course there will be early issues. And it's all being posted here as it should. There are a bunch of happy users that are out enjoying their phone.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Some having fps bugs
Red tint
Wifi issue
Bluetooth issue

It seems that I'm the only one that has it's wireless charging not working... Still waiting on T-Mobile to send out my new one...

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Use Swiftkey. It changed my life

Seems like the spellcheck is all wacko... I am coming from a note 4 but it seems way off on suggestions and also learning seems to be tough for it to figure out certain things. I keep having to delete "You" mid sentence because it keeps capitalizing the Y. Hmmm....

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Some having fps bugs
Red tint
Wifi issue
Bluetooth issue

Not seeing any of these issues. Keeping my fingers crossed.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Not seeing this issue.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you aren't comfortable being an early adopter, don't jump on a new device until it's been a while. Not making excuses for Samsung but with many mass produced devices, there are software and hardware issues. If issues bother you enough, try an exchange.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't think this is true. I went back to the first couple of weeks after the release of the iPhone 7 and found about the same number of bugs reported.

Right. Any new phone will have issues if you're an early adopter. And the more popular the phone, the more people will experience issues.