So I enrolled in premium care but don't see any record of that when I log into my Samsung account. Anyone have any experience with this?
    05-06-2017 12:15 PM
    It's not gonna show up on your account yet. It's suppose to be activated once you enrolled in it. I'm canceling mine as I'm not impressed by it. I'm just using my free month.
    05-06-2017 12:56 PM
    It's not gonna show up on your account yet. It's suppose to be activated once you enrolled in it. I'm canceling mine as I'm not impressed by it. I'm just using my free month.
    Not impressed with it? Did you break your phone and they didn't replace it? What is there to be impressed with until something happens to your phone? I'm being 100 percent serious btw.
    gvndeb60 likes this.
    05-06-2017 01:44 PM
    Not impressed with it? Did you break your phone and they didn't replace it? What is there to be impressed with until something happens to your phone?
    Did you read about Premium Care on the website? It's more than just insurance.

In fact, if you read the fine print, the insurance part doesn't even kick in until 30 days after your enrollment starts. So the free month actually excludes any insurance.

On the other hand, you can email them to cancel Premium Care as soon as they confirm your enrollment, and your enrollment will remain in effect until the end of the free month. So there's not much to lose by signing up, but not much to gain either.
    05-06-2017 02:04 PM
    Yeah, I read it, but those words describing it haven't changed during the past 30 days. So it's not like it was a surprise. I'm in it for the insurance primarily. Getting a replacement the next day is worth it alone after the pain in the *** experience I had with Squaretrade last year. And if I need it for anything else that pops up, I'll utilize it.
    05-06-2017 02:17 PM
    Not impressed with it? Did you break your phone and they didn't replace it? What is there to be impressed with until something happens to your phone? I'm being 100 percent serious btw.
    Well my wireless charging doesn't work. I called the number listed on Samsung's care website. When I called early in the morning at 8AM, I had to wait almost 30 minutes before I could even talk to anyone. When I did get someone and explain the situation, the csr told me I had to call Samsung for that, because it was a warranty issue.

I wasted 30 minutes for nothing. I went to the website and manually did it and they want me to mail the phone back.... T-Mobile offer me the same thing except it's free because it's a warranty issue.
    05-06-2017 02:20 PM
    Well my wireless charging doesn't work. I called the number listed on Samsung's care website. When I called early in the morning at 8AM, I had to wait almost 30 minutes before I could even talk to anyone. When I did get someone and explain the situation, the csr told me I had to call Samsung for that, because it was a warranty issue.

I wasted 30 minutes for nothing. I went to the website and manually did it and they want me to mail the phone back.... T-Mobile offer me the same thing except it's free because it's a warranty issue.
    See? Now that's a perfect reason for being unimpressed. And that will **** me off royally if it happens to me. (I will say this for Apple. They know how to do customer service well in these instances.)
    05-06-2017 03:16 PM

In fact, if you read the fine print, the insurance part doesn't even kick in until 30 days after your enrollment starts. So the free month actually excludes any insurance.
    It sure does include the insurance. I signed up for the free month and have already had to file a claim.
    05-06-2017 03:58 PM
    It sure does include the insurance.
    Well, the terms & conditions say otherwise (unless you enroll in Premium Care at the time of purchase). But I have no idea what they do or don't enforce.
    05-06-2017 06:08 PM
    It sure does include the insurance. I signed up for the free month and have already had to file a claim.
    What was the problem that made you file the claim? How was your experience? How many days from the day you submitted the claim to the day you received your replacement?
    05-06-2017 06:13 PM
    Yeah, I read it, but those words describing it haven't changed during the past 30 days. So it's not like it was a surprise. I'm in it for the insurance primarily. Getting a replacement the next day is worth it alone after the pain in the *** experience I had with Squaretrade last year. And if I need it for anything else that pops up, I'll utilize it.
    What was your experience with squaretrade? I've been debating on this or squaretrade but haven't been able to find much feedback on claims with squaretrade.
    05-06-2017 07:13 PM
    What was the problem that made you file the claim? How was your experience? How many days from the day you submitted the claim to the day you received your replacement?
    My phone slid off the Samsung wireless charging stand I had and hit the side of my bed frame. Cracked the left edge of the screen. I made the claim Thursday morning and had the new phome.friday afternoon. One day. Experience was great. Very little questions asked, wasn't given a hard time. They seemed to have a general concern about getting my replacement to me asap. Hold times weren't bad either. I did call at like 730 in the morning though. I'd give it 5 stars. I didn't have a single issue my claim was approved in about 45 minutes after I made the call.
    manni1to, vwite and sangs like this.
    05-06-2017 07:16 PM
    My phone slid off the Samsung wireless charging stand I had and hit the side of my bed frame. Cracked the left edge of the screen. I made the claim Thursday morning and had the new phome.friday afternoon. One day. Experience was great. Very little questions asked, wasn't given a hard time. They seemed to have a general concern about getting my replacement to me asap. Hold times weren't bad either. I did call at like 730 in the morning though. I'd give it 5 stars. I didn't have a single issue my claim was approved in about 45 minutes after I made the call.
    That is awesome that you had the replacement immediately the next day. Then they give you 10 days to transfer everything and return the crack one right?
    05-06-2017 11:00 PM
    That is awesome that you had the replacement immediately the next day. Then they give you 10 days to transfer everything and return the crack one right?
    Yea something like that. Pretty sure it was 10 days. I mailed the broken one out same day.
    05-06-2017 11:38 PM
    What was your experience with squaretrade? I've been debating on this or squaretrade but haven't been able to find much feedback on claims with squaretrade.
    Was a pita process that I'd rank right up there with security lines in the airport. I eventually had the item replaced, but we're talking in about a month's time. Never again.
    05-07-2017 06:13 AM