T-Mobile Galaxy S8 No Option for auto screen rotation

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible you accidentally removed it from the quick toggles? When you go into "button order, there's a section on the bottom for removed toggles. See pic.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170518/89959f332f6abb5f0966e22cc53d8f4f.jpg

Our answers have been assuming that this was the first thing he checked for, as he has mentioned that he has even done a factory reset on the phone, but now that I read your post I think he has never really answered if he has checked for this.

Last edited:

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Our answers have been assuming that this was the first thing he checked for, as he has mentioned that he has even done a factory reset on the phone, but now that I read your phone I think he has never really answered if he has checked for this.
Yea. As I was looking through the responses, I didn't see it come up. Figured I'd mention it.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Apologies if asked/answered already but have you rebooted your phone yet?

If rebooting fixes it (especially if only temporarily) you may have a game or some other app which is (improperly) forcing portrait mode.

Mercurymist

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
I could have swore that when I bought my phone last week the toggle to auto rotate the screen was on the the device but I am unable to find it now. I wanted to use my phone in landscape mode and not being able to find that toggle, I cannot figure out how to get the screen to rotate.

Anyone have any thoughts here?

I had this problem. It's because power saving is turned on. Make sure you turn off power saving mode then go back into your buttons you will have one that says portrait, click it and it will change to auto rotate. It seems like a bug.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem. It's because power saving is turned on. Make sure you turn off power saving mode then go back into your buttons you will have one that says portrait, click it and it will change to auto rotate. It seems like a bug.

I never have used power saving so that was not it. On that note, after I got the last software update, it came back.

thambikutty

May 17, 2011
Visit site
If you turn off Auto-Rotate, the button changes to Portrait. Thanks to whoever mentioned that on here already. It's confusing and I was about to go crazy thinking I might have to do factory reset.

BarryBarryBb

Apr 13, 2019
Visit site
My Tmobile phone just updated and I lost the auto rotate button as others have described. As others suggested, I restarted the phone and looked for it again, but no luck. I then saw the never-before-seen "portrait" button and associated it with the "portrait" and "landscape" option as found with documents. I tapped it, and it switched to "autorotate." Rereading the comments, I now see others have noted this solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36