I have a S8+ and currently have no pin or passwords. Whenever I get any sort of notification it unlocks the phone, skipping the swipe lock screen. This also occurs when I just want to unlock my phone. When I am on the always on display and hit the "on" button it just unlocks my phone and skips the swipe unlock screen. Any advice?
    05-07-2017 06:26 AM
    There is an option for that you must have it set
    05-07-2017 07:09 AM
    Do you have any idea where the setting is?
    05-07-2017 07:45 AM
    Try going to Lock Screen And Security>Screen Lock Type>Select Swipe for Swipe lock or select one of the other security settings. You may have None selected which would mean no lock screen.
    05-07-2017 07:59 AM
    In doesn't give me that option. When security is on none it says swipe unlock
    05-07-2017 08:25 AM
    Although it says swipe unlock it still skips the swipe lock screen.
    05-07-2017 08:27 AM
    Don't know if this is the right thread but I'm new to Android so needed your help.

I can't seem to unlock the device with the iris, face scanner and it always asks me for the pin due to some security policy. Does anyone know how to turn this policy off?
    05-09-2017 04:05 AM
    I have a S8+ and currently have no pin or passwords. Whenever I get any sort of notification it unlocks the phone, skipping the swipe lock screen. This also occurs when I just want to unlock my phone. When I am on the always on display and hit the "on" button it just unlocks my phone and skips the swipe unlock screen. Any advice?
    Believe it or not this is under Navigation bar settings.
    Go to Display> Navigation Bar >Unlock with Home Button and make sure the last part is off.
    05-09-2017 05:16 AM
    Don't know if this is the right thread but I'm new to Android so needed your help.

I can't seem to unlock the device with the iris, face scanner and it always asks me for the pin due to some security policy. Does anyone know how to turn this policy off?
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5f83c72f31.jpg
    Have you checked if your security policy is up to date?
    05-09-2017 06:16 AM
    Although it says swipe unlock it still skips the swipe lock screen.
    How are you locking the screen? Are you using Nova or TouchWiz?

I use Nova and do the gesture double knock to lock the screen and I would get that message to. If on Nova, there is a setting in Nova settings at the bottom in advanced for screen lock method, you want to select the screen timeout option.

Does it do it when you let the screen lock on it's own? Just thought I would throw this out there for Nova users, it drove me crazy when this was happening to me until I found the fix for Nova. For me it only did it when I locked the screen with the gesture double knock, so this night both be your issue, but never know. Good luck
    05-09-2017 06:46 AM
    Have you checked if your security policy is up to date?
    How do I do that? Apologies I'm a noob when it comes to Android.
    05-09-2017 07:08 AM
    How do I do that? Apologies I'm a noob when it comes to Android.
    Under lock screen and security, other security settings and then security policy updates
    05-09-2017 10:54 AM
    Under lock screen and security, other security settings and then security policy updates
    Thank you
    05-09-2017 10:55 AM
    Yeah I'm having the same problem. I have a pin and facial unlock. When I get a new notification and I turn the screen on (with the power button or the home button) my phone skips the lock screen and goes straight to the prompt to unlock. When I press the back button, often times the notification is gone as if i dismissed it. I'm not sure what the problem is. Hopefully the new update with Oreo fixes this.
    12-13-2017 09:21 PM