Buying from Costco

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Costco offering $150 Cash Card with purchase of T-Mobile Galaxy S8 - TmoNews

Has anyone had experience with buying from Costco? They are offering a $150.00 cash card and a pretty sweet TYLT power essentials pack with the purchase of a S8/S8+ if purchased by 5/11.

Samsung is offering a free entertainment pack with any purchase of a S8/S8+ and T-MOBILE is offering the gear VR with purchase of S8/S8+. The Costco deal seems to be direct from Costco, can the two Samsung deals be combined? Is there any reason not to buy from Costco??

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
No, I buy my phones at Costco all the time if I am buying new and in store. I bought mine when they were offering $200 cash card but samsung were not offering the free entertainment pack which is worth way more than $50. Costco also pay your taxes so instead of paying $920 for the phone you pay $850 an you get $150 cash card, plus entertainment pack plus Gear VR. The costco cash card however would take around 3-4 months to arrive, but if you shop at costco often you will eventually get your money back.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
No, I buy my phones at Costco all the time if I am buying new and in store. I bought mine when they were offering $200 cash card but samsung were not offering the free entertainment pack which is worth way more than $50. Costco also pay your taxes so instead of paying $920 for the phone you pay $850 an you get $150 cash card, plus entertainment pack plus Gear VR. The costco cash card however would take around 3-4 months to arrive, but if you shop at costco often you will eventually get your money back.
That's excellent, thanks for sharing that. I think I will visit my Costco tomorrow to see if they have the one I want in stock and pull the trigger.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Really Costco pays your sales tax? Didn't know that. Are you sure about this, by any chance you are in one of the few states who don't charge sales tax? What state are you in?

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Really Costco pays your sales tax? Didn't know that. Are you sure about this, by any chance you are in one of the few states who don't charge sales tax? What state are you in?
I don't know about the tax thing but the TYLT power essentials pack Costco is throwing in is pretty hard to beat

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site

Texas. The first one I bought was preorder so tmobile charged my 200 down, then if I went to my tmobile account and multiplied payments the total was around $920, with the one from costco there is no down payment at all you pay $0 dollars and walk out with the new device, if I do the same of going to the tmobile account and multiply the payments is exactly $850, sometimes I just pay off the balance on EIP, in this cae 850 and then I only worry about paying around $30 a month for service. This is with t-mobile. They always tell me at my local costco that a big bonus of getting it at costco is that they will pay the taxes for me but you're right it might be different in each kiosk or in each state.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Texas. The first one I bought was preorder so tmobile charged my 200 down, then if I went to my tmobile account and multiplied payments the total was around $920, with the one from costco there is no down payment at all you pay $0 dollars and walk out with the new device, if I do the same of going to the tmobile account and multiply the payments is exactly $850, sometimes I just pay off the balance on EIP, in this cae 850 and then I only worry about paying around $30 a month for service. This is with t-mobile
Interesting, ok I'll keep this in mind and give Costco a look next time I'll looking for purchasing. I'm also on T-Mobile.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Interesting, ok I'll keep this in mind and give Costco a look next time I'll looking for purchasing. I'm also on T-Mobile.

If you have the membership already regardless of if they pay taxes or not in your state it will be always better on costco if they don't have any promo when purchasing directly from tmobile, the minimum they will have is $25 cash card and some free accessories

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20