I love the functionality of the AOD (checking notifications at a glance) but changing the color of the gmail notification icon would make it even more functional for me. I love being able to glance at my screen to see if messages come in but I have to look closely to see what specific icon is inside the generic tiny white circle on the screen. Textra allows you to choose the color of the icon so I can just glance, and if I see red on the screen... I know I have unread texts. But with gmail and its plain white color it just blends in with all the other notifications that come through. Any possible way to change the color of the gmail notification icon? It would also be nice to see a different color in the notification panel as well to quickly and efficiently know if an email came through. I assume that any possible way of changing the color would apply to both AOD and the notification panel (as it does for Textra). Thank you in advance.
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    05-08-2017 12:38 AM
    I've not come across the option I'm afraid.

I generally like gmail but not the omission of having unread notification badges on the app on the home screen.

Another option could be a LCD case where you can choose a specific icon to show on the case front or design your own.
    05-08-2017 12:46 AM
    Bummer. Thanks for replying.
    05-10-2017 11:56 AM