I've been trying to delete icons from my home screen and I can't seem to find a trash bin on the corner at the top or anywhere to do so. Only thing that happened was that little window pops up with the three or four choices, one being delete shortcut but doesn't explain how to do so.
    05-08-2017 09:40 AM
    Welcome to the forums. What happens if you just tap the 'delete' option on that menu?
    05-08-2017 09:45 AM
    I've been trying to delete icons from my home screen and I can't seem to find a trash bin on the corner at the top or anywhere to do so. Only thing that happened was that little window pops up with the three or four choices, one being delete shortcut but doesn't explain how to do so.
    just click the delete shortcut on the pop up menu, that will remove the shortcut from your home screen.
    05-08-2017 09:49 AM
    How do I remove icons from home screen galaxyS8
    08-13-2017 07:49 PM
    Hold down the icon you want to delete and a pop up menu will come up and you just hit uninstall
    08-17-2017 05:42 PM
    Hi guys
    What if the popup menu doesn't show at all?
    I have this problem and I don't know how to delete icons from my homescreen. Is there a way to turn on the pop up menu?
    09-14-2017 04:34 AM
    Hi guys
    I have this problem and I don't know how to delete icons from my homescreen. Is there a way to turn on the pop up menu?
    Are you holding steady without moving (once you touch and hold the icon).

Sorry for the stupid question, but I've assisted someone with shaky hands with the same problem (elderly).

Edit: and another person whose touches did not register on long press. She have to use a "touch pen".
    09-14-2017 04:56 AM
    Hold down the icon you want to delete and a pop up menu will come up and you just hit uninstall
    No no no...that will uninstall the app. They just want to delete the shortcut.
    09-14-2017 10:51 AM
    Press and hold the icon, then press this.
    Attached Thumbnails Deleting icons from my home screen Galaxy S8 Plus-14279.jpg  
    09-14-2017 01:58 PM
    Hi guys
    Have you disabled animations in the developer options?
    srvctec likes this.
    09-14-2017 02:07 PM
    Yes
    The problem is solved. I had turned off animations in developer options, but only animation duration scale was responsible for the popup menu.
    Thanks!
    Javier P and srvctec like this.
    09-14-2017 02:16 PM
    Yes
    The problem is solved. I had turned off animations in developer options, but only animation duration scale was responsible for the popup menu.
    Thanks!
    Glad it helped! Yes, just setting animator duration scale to 0.5x or 1.0x will solve the issue.
    09-14-2017 02:20 PM