T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Moisture Detected In your Charging Port (S8+)

IceCold803

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the last update I have been getting the message "Moisture Detected in your charging port...please dry to charge" whenever I try to charge. It has happened 3 or 4 times and I have no moisture what so ever. I am able to reboot the phone and then most of the time I can charge. A couple of times it takes a couple of reboots. Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a fix?

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible some foreign body or liquids ( oil or something?) Got in there? Sounds like something is tripping it's sensor in there. Try blowing the port out with compressed air or something.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the last update I have been getting the message "Moisture Detected in your charging port...please dry to charge" whenever I try to charge. It has happened 3 or 4 times and I have no moisture what so ever. I am able to reboot the phone and then most of the time I can charge. A couple of times it takes a couple of reboots. Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a fix?

Are you using Samsung's OEM charger or a 3rd party's charger?

I ran into this using an S7 after a carrier update -
"When trying to charge when wet, a message should pop up to inform you of moisture detection. Also according to some users, it seems that the sensor is apparently so sensitive that it can even detect third-party cables that don’t meet Samsung’s specifications, so not only will prevent phones from charging when wet, but it can also detect non-authorized charging cables."

I had car charger same brand in two different cars that just stopped working after the update and displayed this message. Also my daughters S7 began failing to charge. My wife's S6 was fine. I believe Samsung tightened up their test limits and the phones quit working on non-OEM chargers but gave a "false" error message because neither phone had seen any moisture.

Last edited:

IceCold803

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I am 100% certain I have not gotten any moisture inside the charging port. A couple of times it has happened while I was sleeping. I am also using the OEM charger. One minute it will be charging fine and then I try to charge again and get the error.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I am 100% certain I have not gotten any moisture inside the charging port. A couple of times it has happened while I was sleeping. I am also using the OEM charger. One minute it will be charging fine and then I try to charge again and get the error.

Also OEM cable? I haven't gotten the update yet (and not having this issue). But I hope that's not the case. I use a 10 ft. charging cable and some Anker charging blocks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is your room too cold or have AC? Your phone gets warm while charging, and if the environment around it it's cold, there's bound to be some condensation either in the port or in the cable itself. If this is enough to trigger the sensor in your phone, then that's probably why you are getting the message. Also if said condensation happened elsewhere and just 'got stuck' in the charging port. Dyr-air blow your port and see if that helps.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried any other USB cables, or a Micro-USB with the adapter? I had a similar issue with my S7, but it was only 1 cable that caused the message to appear. No other cables gave me the error. And it wasn't random, it happened every time I used the one specific cable.

Omar Salih

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here, I'm on 20% battery charge now and I couldn't get rid of this heckle neither with home nor car chargers. What a pain in the back!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does the S8 not have wireless charging?

Sure it does! But it doesn't come with a bundled wireless charger, and for some, it's still too expensive to justify getting them (especially when you already have a house full of wired chargers).

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Got that message with my previous S7 when I tried to use a Motorola car charger. Picked up an inexpensive charger and never got that message again.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Sure it does! ...and for some, it's still too expensive to justify getting them

Sorry not buying it. You can get inexpensive wireless chargers that work just fine. I don't have a Samsung OEM wireless charger and it works just fine. It doesn't have fast charging but when you're putting it on the charger at bedtime, no need for the fast charging.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry not buying it. You can get inexpensive wireless chargers that work just fine. I don't have a Samsung OEM wireless charger and it works just fine. It doesn't have fast charging but when you're putting it on the charger at bedtime, no need for the fast charging.

I get your point, but 'cheap' chargers usually come with an inherent risk. Plus, no matter how you look at it, wireless charges are still more expensive than standard wired ones, especially if you already have a bunch of them. Try converting all of your charging 'stations' (i.e. bedroom, livingroom, spare charger, car, office, etc.) and even if they're cheap, they add up.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I get your point, but 'cheap' chargers usually come with an inherent risk. Plus, no matter how you look at it, wireless charges are still more expensive than standard wired ones, especially if you already have a bunch of them. Try converting all of your charging 'stations' (i.e. bedroom, livingroom, spare charger, car, office, etc.) and even if they're cheap, they add up.

I agree, that's why I only have one wireless charger, on my nightstand. I still use wired chargers elsewhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star