08-15-2017 04:31 PM
43 12
tools
    Ever since the last update I have been getting the message "Moisture Detected in your charging port...please dry to charge" whenever I try to charge. It has happened 3 or 4 times and I have no moisture what so ever. I am able to reboot the phone and then most of the time I can charge. A couple of times it takes a couple of reboots. Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a fix?
    James Blaney likes this.
    05-08-2017 03:32 PM
    Is it possible some foreign body or liquids ( oil or something?) Got in there? Sounds like something is tripping it's sensor in there. Try blowing the port out with compressed air or something.
    05-08-2017 06:25 PM
    Not another update bug!!!!! Grrrr 😠😠😠😠
    Block the updates/downgrades people!!!
    Alex_sgx likes this.
    05-08-2017 07:52 PM
    Ever since the last update I have been getting the message "Moisture Detected in your charging port...please dry to charge" whenever I try to charge. It has happened 3 or 4 times and I have no moisture what so ever. I am able to reboot the phone and then most of the time I can charge. A couple of times it takes a couple of reboots. Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a fix?
    Are you using Samsung's OEM charger or a 3rd party's charger?

I ran into this using an S7 after a carrier update -
    "When trying to charge when wet, a message should pop up to inform you of moisture detection. Also according to some users, it seems that the sensor is apparently so sensitive that it can even detect third-party cables that don’t meet Samsung’s specifications, so not only will prevent phones from charging when wet, but it can also detect non-authorized charging cables."

I had car charger same brand in two different cars that just stopped working after the update and displayed this message. Also my daughters S7 began failing to charge. My wife's S6 was fine. I believe Samsung tightened up their test limits and the phones quit working on non-OEM chargers but gave a "false" error message because neither phone had seen any moisture.
    11B1P likes this.
    05-08-2017 10:18 PM
    I am 100% certain I have not gotten any moisture inside the charging port. A couple of times it has happened while I was sleeping. I am also using the OEM charger. One minute it will be charging fine and then I try to charge again and get the error.
    05-09-2017 03:53 AM
    Sounds like a warranty return to me.
    05-09-2017 06:02 AM
    Yeah it just happened again. Will have to call about a replacement. Can't keep rebooting to get rid of this. Annoying.
    05-09-2017 02:57 PM
    I am 100% certain I have not gotten any moisture inside the charging port. A couple of times it has happened while I was sleeping. I am also using the OEM charger. One minute it will be charging fine and then I try to charge again and get the error.
    Also OEM cable? I haven't gotten the update yet (and not having this issue). But I hope that's not the case. I use a 10 ft. charging cable and some Anker charging blocks.
    05-09-2017 02:59 PM
    I've personally never seen the issue. And in my car I use a 3rd party Anker power line USB C cable. No issues
    05-09-2017 06:25 PM
    Yes OEM cable also.
    05-09-2017 07:48 PM
    Is your room too cold or have AC? Your phone gets warm while charging, and if the environment around it it's cold, there's bound to be some condensation either in the port or in the cable itself. If this is enough to trigger the sensor in your phone, then that's probably why you are getting the message. Also if said condensation happened elsewhere and just 'got stuck' in the charging port. Dyr-air blow your port and see if that helps.
    05-10-2017 02:41 PM
    Have you tried any other USB cables, or a Micro-USB with the adapter? I had a similar issue with my S7, but it was only 1 cable that caused the message to appear. No other cables gave me the error. And it wasn't random, it happened every time I used the one specific cable.
    05-10-2017 04:02 PM
    Same problem here, I'm on 20% battery charge now and I couldn't get rid of this heckle neither with home nor car chargers. What a pain in the back!
    05-11-2017 07:21 AM
    Does the S8 not have wireless charging?
    05-11-2017 07:26 AM
    Does the S8 not have wireless charging?
    Sure it does! But it doesn't come with a bundled wireless charger, and for some, it's still too expensive to justify getting them (especially when you already have a house full of wired chargers).
    05-11-2017 11:49 AM
    Got that message with my previous S7 when I tried to use a Motorola car charger. Picked up an inexpensive charger and never got that message again.
    05-11-2017 01:15 PM
    Sure it does! ...and for some, it's still too expensive to justify getting them
    Sorry not buying it. You can get inexpensive wireless chargers that work just fine. I don't have a Samsung OEM wireless charger and it works just fine. It doesn't have fast charging but when you're putting it on the charger at bedtime, no need for the fast charging.
    05-12-2017 12:23 PM
    Sorry not buying it. You can get inexpensive wireless chargers that work just fine. I don't have a Samsung OEM wireless charger and it works just fine. It doesn't have fast charging but when you're putting it on the charger at bedtime, no need for the fast charging.
    I get your point, but 'cheap' chargers usually come with an inherent risk. Plus, no matter how you look at it, wireless charges are still more expensive than standard wired ones, especially if you already have a bunch of them. Try converting all of your charging 'stations' (i.e. bedroom, livingroom, spare charger, car, office, etc.) and even if they're cheap, they add up.
    05-12-2017 12:47 PM
    I get your point, but 'cheap' chargers usually come with an inherent risk. Plus, no matter how you look at it, wireless charges are still more expensive than standard wired ones, especially if you already have a bunch of them. Try converting all of your charging 'stations' (i.e. bedroom, livingroom, spare charger, car, office, etc.) and even if they're cheap, they add up.
    I agree, that's why I only have one wireless charger, on my nightstand. I still use wired chargers elsewhere.
    05-12-2017 03:44 PM
    Its a bug from ultimate update. In my s8 appear withouth conect and moisture
    05-24-2017 11:26 PM
    so I have had this issue for about 2 weeks. the first time....it wouldn't charge. so I waited 3 hours and it still wouldn't charge. I turned my phone off and turned it back on and it worked fine. couple of days later it did the same thing....and then again. then yesterday....it restarted my phone at least 10 times and it was still saying moisture detected. MY PHONE HAS NEVER GOTTEN WET!! I googled and ever since the last mandatory update....alot of ppl are having this issue. so today....again...I can't charge my phone. i called tmobile and they are replacing my phone. i checked the little card inside the SIM card slot and it does NOT show water damage so it is a SYSTEM ISSUE!!! come on samsung!!! first the NOTE 7 issue....now this?! so tomorrow I'm getting a brand new phone being sent to the store and lets see what happens with this cause now I can only use my wireless charger which takes HOURS to fully charge my phone!!!!
    07-05-2017 06:42 PM
    Happen to me and I blew into the charging port about 7 to 10 hard times and it totally went away. Not sure if I had moisture as I had recently just wet installed a screen protector but blowing really hard directly into the port seemed to resolve my issue. I'd definitely give that a try but do it time after time for a few minutes to make sure what ever is tripping it is blown out.
    07-05-2017 09:17 PM
    got the same issue after i updated my s8 plus have the same error what to do with this?
    07-22-2017 05:16 PM
    I had the moisture in the charging port message even though the port had not been near moisture at all. Could not get rid of it no matter what I tried ( used hairdryer, kitchen roll the lot) but to no avail... hour after hour passed....but still the moisture in the port message.

I tried searching to see if anyone had suffered the same issues and indeed a number of people had!!

The fix that worked was

1. plug in your s8 to the charger (you will be notified that there is moisture detected)

2. restart your s8 (make sure not to remove the charging cable)

3. *make sure it shows how long until full charge.

4. You have by successfully by passed the moisture error.
    justin1578 likes this.
    07-22-2017 09:35 PM
    Yup, quite a few folks are seeing this - myself included. Seems that the Samsung method is to send the phone in to service. Thought this was firmware/software related - and this was confirmed a couple of nights ago. I also have a WiFi Tab S3 that took a system update - right after that, the TABLET was displaying the "moisture in port" error and would not charge.

There's a thread out on the Samsung community forum at https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...way/m-p/142572 that speaks to the problem. Just hoping that Sammy realizes this and quietly sends a fix OTA - I do wirelessly charge the phone, but the problem makes Android Auto useless.
    07-25-2017 07:29 PM
43 12