03-04-2018 01:51 PM
110 1234 ...
tools
    I was never a huge fan of launchers aside from Google Now. The stock Samsung launcher is slick on the S8 and I'm still using it.
    05-09-2017 12:14 PM
    To me, using the stock Samsung launcher is nearly as bad as IOS. Very limited functionally​ and aesthetically.

I can't stress enough how much I HATE IOS lol. Using my wife's/mom's/in-laws/everyone I know's iPhone (except my brother who uses a Pixel) is so frustrating. It feels like you're inside a box or something with how restricted it feels compared to Android.
    I've been an iPhone user since the iPhone 4 launch up to the iPhone 6 Plus. I decided not to go with the s iteration and awaited the iPhone 7 which motivated me to try Samsung and Android.

I'm sorry but I'm not in agreement with you in regards to your thoughts on iOS and Android.

The customisation on the phone with Android is off the chart for me.

Much better than Apples Sandboxed iOS and iPhones and I even jailbroke to unlock its true potential but doing that brought its own issues.
    05-09-2017 12:16 PM
    Really like this Touchwiz but don't like the folders view when open. I place 4 apps in a folder it opens the folder way to big and puts my apps way at the top. I use Action Launcher and when opening a folder it opens it just big enough to fit the 4 apps, and it opens it right above the folder and not all they way on the op of the screen.
    05-09-2017 12:35 PM
    Eh, I tried using TouchWiz but quickly went back to Nova Launcher shortly after.
    05-09-2017 12:50 PM
    I agree with the others who still prefer Nova over TW. I tried to set up TW as closely as possible to what I like, but there are a number of things that TW just cannot do.
    05-09-2017 12:51 PM
    If Samsung offered a 6x5, or even a 7x5 grid and the ability to swipe down to see your notifications, I'd stay with Samsung launcher. So far, I prefer Nova.
    Ageeb, Harlemknight and Thanosrex like this.
    05-09-2017 01:28 PM
    If Samsung offered a 6x5, or even a 7x5 grid and the ability to swipe down to see your notifications, I'd stay with Samsung launcher. So far, I prefer Nova.
    Agreed. I need those 2 features just to consider a launcher...
    05-09-2017 01:37 PM
    I've used Nova for several years now. I did not load it on my S8 and don't currently plan to. I do have some annoyances. I'd like the pull down gesture to bring down notifications. I'm getting used to not using that, and I have it set up where fingerprint sensor swipe does it. Still getting used the the feature where the up or down swipe brings up the app drawer. I wish there was an option to turn that feature off.

Overall, I find it very modern looking. More modern than what I had been using on Nova. Though I'm sure I could have made my setup look better by this point.
    05-09-2017 02:53 PM
    I've been an iPhone user since the iPhone 4 launch up to the iPhone 6 Plus. I decided not to go with the s iteration and awaited the iPhone 7 which motivated me to try Samsung and Android.

I'm sorry but I'm not in agreement with you in regards to your thoughts on iOS and Android.

The customisation on the phone with Android is off the chart for me.

Much better than Apples Sandboxed iOS and iPhones and I even jailbroke to unlock its true potential but doing that brought its own issues.
    No, we agree. iOS has zero customization. Android is much better. What I'm saying is that Samsungs version of Android (touch wiz) is very limited. In order to tap into Androids potential (other than rooting) you need to use a launcher like Nova.
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    05-09-2017 03:03 PM
    I'm currently using Nova but only because I like the notification badges on the icons. Is there a way to get notification badges on 3rd party apps in TouchWiz (ie., gmail, etc)? If so, I would stick with TouchWiz.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    05-09-2017 03:14 PM
    while TW has greatly improved, it's still not comparable to Nova, not even close, the gesture settings on Nova alone make it superior to TW
    05-09-2017 03:40 PM
    while TW has greatly improved, it's still not comparable to Nova, not even close, the gesture settings on Nova alone make it superior to TW
    This
    05-09-2017 06:24 PM
    What are some of the gestures?
    Simple things like double taps/knocks, Swipe up, Swipe down, double Swipe up/down(two fingers) etc. These are all basically shortcuts you can assign from the home screen. They sound like nothing, but when you set it up and get used to particular gestures opening specific apps it's kinda hard to go back to plain TW.
    05-09-2017 08:39 PM
    I'm currently using Nova but only because I like the notification badges on the icons. Is there a way to get notification badges on 3rd party apps in TouchWiz (ie., gmail, etc)? If so, I would stick with TouchWiz.
    TouchWiz does have notification badges if I'm not mistaken, usually in the form of a red/orange ball on the top right corner of the app icon. Typically a number of notifications for that app.
    05-09-2017 08:41 PM
    How/Can I remove icon labels on the homescreen with TW??
    05-09-2017 10:02 PM
    Any idea why Samsung doesn't update TW to mimic Nova or any of the other launchers?
    05-09-2017 11:36 PM
    The only thing i want from the TouchWiz launcher is the pill style Google search bar. I think that looks pretty spiffy
    05-09-2017 11:38 PM
    I've used gmail and sadly no on Touchwizz their is no notification badges on the gmail app.
    05-10-2017 12:17 AM
    Only thing I miss with Nova is the scrolling App bar at the bottom.
    05-10-2017 02:05 AM
    The only thing i want from the TouchWiz launcher is the pill style Google search bar. I think that looks pretty spiffy
    while I do like the Samsung launcher, I have to agree.

I was just thinking yesterday, that pill style Google search is pretty cool looking
    05-10-2017 08:59 AM
    TouchWiz does have notification badges if I'm not mistaken, usually in the form of a red/orange ball on the top right corner of the app icon. Typically a number of notifications for that app.
    Only for their stock apps. You won't get them on third party apps with TouchWiz.
    05-10-2017 10:26 AM
    I'm using TouchWiz and I get notification badges on third party apps. I'm looking at one for LinkedIn right now.
    05-10-2017 10:59 AM
    Only for their stock apps. You won't get them on third party apps with TouchWiz.
    I guess it's certain apps and not others. I tend to see notifications for most of the social media apps like Facebook and IG. But come to think about it, I don't usually see one for Gmail. Not sure how they pick and choose or if its based on app support?
    05-10-2017 11:02 AM
    i am trying nova ( just for giggles), i think i like the look of TW better so i need to try and set up nova to look just like TW, but to have the scrolling dock and return to home that i like.
    05-10-2017 11:11 AM
    stock launcher is just fine for me, touchwiz has been minimized a little bit more with each phone. Nova was great when I had my S4, and Note 4, but I really don't miss it now, I may load it up later on when I get bored with Samsung and Zedge features.
    05-10-2017 11:39 AM
110 1234 ...