I prefer Samsung's launcher to Nova! How about you?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly I just uninstalled Nova and few other apps that's linked to it like Icon Packs and HD Widgets.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
We all have our preferences which is good.

Just to mention the s8 and s8+ do not have Touchwizz on them.

They have the Samsung Experience on them.
Oh really???

8db7288287239561f28e88215fa546d9.jpg

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
The only thing stock I don't like is the Messaging app. I hate the mini browser that it opens when you two in links. So I use Textra.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
The only thing stock I don't like is the Messaging app. I hate the mini browser that it opens when you two in links. So I use Textra.
This annoys me as well. I feel like I'd seen an option to turn it off so that it would automatically go into the main browser, but I haven't found it.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm on stock launcher. But I stayed with Textra and never even opened the stock SMS app. On my S6 or S7, I once accidentally called a girl I was "talking to" at like 3 am. I was scrolling through previous texts. And in the main screen, I accidently swiped on her name. You could turn this feature off in the phone settings for contacts and/ or phone apps. But it didn't turn it off there. So I started using Textra and haven't looked back. Lol.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
This annoys me as well. I feel like I'd seen an option to turn it off so that it would automatically go into the main browser, but I haven't found it.
I wish. There is no such setting. Been this way for a while on their past devices. There used to be an option when viewing a page on that mini browser to open the page in chrome but now they even took that option out.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Used Nova on every phone for years, but now I'm also sticking with the Samsung launcher. Ist relatively fast and looks awesome

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I wish. There is no such setting. Been this way for a while on their past devices. There used to be an option when viewing a page on that mini browser to open the page in chrome but now they even took that option out.
The option is there for me to open in Samsung Internet from in the mini browser.
Somehow this didn't really bug me as much on the S7E.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Long time Nova user, but with the S8+, TW is actually quite good. I've been sticking with it, because it not only is good, but I feel like I have a new phone now, instead of a stagnant looking OS that I used back when I had the Note 4, and then several phones after that.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I would use if they allow users to use icons that are available at the playstore i don't like the ones they provide from Samsung hub. Which is the reason why i prefer to use Nova. Also i like the idea of locking my desktop I don't want too accidentally move or delete icons.

tobegone

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned in an earlier post, you can use Awsome Icons app (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.momocode.shortcuts&token=Cp0OeQY5) to use any icon pack you with Touchwiz. The only thing is that it only changes the icons on the main screens but not in the app drawer. The app drawer icons are the default ones but then again, it is not an issue if the focus is using icon packs on the home screens only.

You should check out the app, very easy to use and works really
But with Awesome Icons, you can't change icons of web pages saved to Homescreen as shortcuts.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I always stick with Nova, every time I try TouchWiz I come right back to Nova prime.

Gestures, can't get used to not having them. I can swipe down anywhere on home screen to bring notification bar down, double Knock to turn screen off, swipe up for settings. Swiping is a huge plus on large screen phones.

Hide apps, scrolling icons on bottom icons, infinite scrolling, lock desktop, hide navigation bar, remember position for app drawer, adjust scroll and animation speeds, and numerous customization options as color of labels, size of icons, the list goes on and on.

Nova prime does what Android is about, it's makes your launcher customizable to your liking and does it well. A huge benefit is no matter what phone you get, you know the launcher and don't need to learn a new system.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I like being able to infinitely rotate homescreens so I don't like Samsung launcher. Nova works for me. In LG that is a standard feature so I don't bother with Nova

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
On Action launcher now, just to change things up from Nova. The setups are quite similar though, but I like the shutters, quick page and quick drawer.

Nova is more feature rich though.