AT&T Galaxy S8 AT&T Receiving Color Fix update

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone notice any settings change after the update? My apps were set to update only on WiFi and usually it is set on either WiFi or the carrier network.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I paid 50 bucks for a Samsung Fast Wireless charger. Works like a charm. If you can afford a S8 or S8+ you can afford a $50 charger.

Lol yeah I said that as I was buying all my cases and screen protectors and USB C cables and adapters and two third party wireless chargers and a portable charger. I think I'm done spending on this phone for a bit, unless they come out with the perfect glass screen protector, I'll buy that.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
CHOETECH Fast Wireless Charger on Amazon, $20, works great with S8.

I bought two of those, works great as a regular charger, will not fast charge, just keeps pausing. Cheotech actually acknowledged the fact that it doesn't work with the S8 and they aren't selling them on Amazon anymore either.

CDH

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I bought two of those, works great as a regular charger, will not fast charge, just keeps pausing. Cheotech actually acknowledged the fact that it doesn't work with the S8 and they aren't selling them on Amazon anymore either.

All I know is I bought one and it works, at least the phone says so. Definately says it is "Fast wireless charging". The USB cord is one supplied and made sure was using Adaptive Fast Charger plug from Samsung.

Just looked on Amazon, it is there and list as working with S8... Same price....

Last edited:

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I didn't even notice the red tint until reading this post. I think I see it now... Are they on the edges only? I haven't received an update yet but I hope it fixes it automatically.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
All I know is I bought one and it works, at least the phone says so. Definately says it is "Fast wireless charging". The USB cord is one supplied and made sure was using Adaptive Fast Charger plug from Samsung.

Just looked on Amazon, it is there and list as working with S8... Same price....

Guess we're talking about different models. This is the one I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170511-152804.jpg
    Screenshot_20170511-152804.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 42

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
ha...never noticed anything wrong, but I'm half blind! Screen looked great before, and after. Man....really loving this beast! Just put my iPhone 7 Plus in the drawer, awaiting to get sold! :-D

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's my S8+ on the left, iPhone 7+ on the right. Both on max brightness. I'd say the red has been removed from the Samsung. Actually makes the iPhone look pink and I've always considered iPhone screens to be very white.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170510/0ee3e964f3e8959f290e33a6c2e4d5af.jpg

The iPhone has an almost perfect white point. Unless you have a defective iPhone I would trust that it looks how white is supposed to look as opposed to thinking it's pink because the S8 next to it has an imperfect white point.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can someone post the new build number? My first attempt to update was "interrupted" and now when I check for updates it says the current software is up to date. :(

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I got the OTA. I think it was interrupted the first time because I have secure startup turned on, which requires a PIN when the phone boots.

I turned that off, manually changed the date to get around the 24 hour wait period, and the OTA downloaded and installed without a problem.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I got the OTA. I think it was interrupted the first time because I have secure startup turned on, which requires a PIN when the phone boots.

I turned that off, manually changed the date to get around the 24 hour wait period, and the OTA downloaded and installed without a problem.
I have secure startup and no issues while doing the update. Doubt that was your problem, but glad you are set.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone has an almost perfect white point. Unless you have a defective iPhone I would trust that it looks how white is supposed to look as opposed to thinking it's pink because the S8 next to it has an imperfect white point.

I work at a warehouse that sells iPhones and they are actually the first device that we have ever dealt with that has issues with pink and yellow screens. None of the Samsung models that we sold had this issue, it's always the iPhones. I guess their LCD are not future proof. Something goes wonky with the iPhones screens after some time it seems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL