I'm finding myself constantly hitting the Bixby button in the attempt of pressing volume down. I'm really upset that they had to put it right by the volume buttons, or even have a button at all...

Here's a great idea for case manufacturers: block out the Bixby button and just leave buttons for the volume rocker. I would love to see this and I'm very positive I'm not the only one!
    05-09-2017 01:08 PM
    Good idea
    Bm96 and trucksmoveamerica#AC like this.
    05-09-2017 01:21 PM
    Like it
    Bm96 likes this.
    05-09-2017 01:26 PM
    Only way something like that would work is with a "bump" on the case over that area because MOST of the cases will be just pressing all the time with the way it covers the borders of the phone.
    05-09-2017 01:39 PM
    I'm finding myself constantly hitting the Bixby button in the attempt of pressing volume down. I'm really upset that they had to put it right by the volume buttons, or even have a button at all...

Here's a great idea for case manufacturers: block out the Bixby button and just leave buttons for the volume rocker. I would love to see this and I'm very positive I'm not the only one!
    You could always buy a case and remove the bixby button on the case and then you'd never hit it on accident
    05-09-2017 02:01 PM
    Having lost a Nexus 6P with one of those click in place holsters, I now use a Cellet pouch type holster. I put the phone in the pouch upside down and when grabbing the phone's sides I avoid all the side buttons. Especially that extra useless Bixby button.

As for the Bixby button interfering with the volume buttons, I use a clear case that shrouds all the button and you have to really press the buttons including that extra useless button to use it.

Upset with the positioning of Bixby button-cellet-pouch.jpg
    05-09-2017 02:34 PM
    Agree
    Bm96 likes this.
    05-09-2017 03:32 PM

Exactly very annoying placement. And also not to mention the Fingerprint scanner. Did they not test the phone before releasing it? Maybe you can use tape to cover the button for now.
    05-09-2017 07:51 PM
    You can disable the bixby button with pdp. At least that way it won't do anything when you accidentally press it
    05-09-2017 08:07 PM
    I have the same issue but I often hit the Bixby button when I just go to pick up the phone. VERY annoying!
    Bm96 likes this.
    05-09-2017 10:05 PM
    I had an issue with hitting the bixby button for the first two days but was able to adjust to it quickly.
    05-09-2017 10:13 PM
    I'm not as upset with the location of the button as I am with not being able to disable it or disable bixby period. The force my hand to have something like bixby will make it so I won't use it, won't even attempt to use it.
    05-10-2017 02:19 AM
    I'm not as upset with the location of the button as I am with not being able to disable it or disable bixby period. The force my hand to have something like bixby will make it so I won't use it, won't even attempt to use it.
    You can disable the bixby button and bixby apps.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...al-button.html
    05-10-2017 01:15 PM
    You can disable the bixby button and bixby apps.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...al-button.html
    Thank you. Was using Bx action and that partially works, would fail by double pressing such as trying to turn volume down using bixby button instead of volume button would activate bixby, and every now and then it worked in first push off bixby button, and today had to uninstall and reinstall it because it completely stopped working. Hopefully this option works better.
    05-10-2017 02:29 PM