How happy are you with your purchase? Do you think it was worth it?

Other than the display it felt like I went back in time in features (no stereo speakers, no dual cameras, and the speaker for calls was really meh). I had a 950XL (windows phone) over a year ago with the iris thing so that is old tech to me.

I guess in the end it was nothing more than a new phone itch and the S8+ scratched it. Then reality set in and back it went. All in it just wasn't worth a grand. I'll probably get the N8 as long as it has the above missing features (to me) and moves the finger print reader. The next iPhone is also on the table.

What am I using now...mostly my Iphone7+ as my DD.
    I also use a Mate9, Note4, Lumia 650 and several other import phones.
    05-10-2017 07:04 AM
    No regret here. Bought 2. One for myself and one as a welcome home present for my husband when he comes back from Italy.
    jacker, burrzoo, NopeNotMe and 1 others like this.
    05-10-2017 07:07 AM
    Using an iPhone? Speaking of going back in time. The S8 is light years ahead of anything Apple has going on. Imho. To me stereo speakers on a phone is more of a joke. I will get a set of quality ear buds or a bluetoorh speaker if I really want to use my phone as an entertainment center. The screen is amazing, Samsung pay is the best there is in what it does and I like the FPS being on the back of the phone instead of the front. That said I will probably go with the note as well IF it is any better than the S8+ . If it's just an s8 with a stylus and a fps on the front I will pass and wait for the s9+.
    T48 likes this.
    05-10-2017 07:19 AM
    No regret here. Bought 2. One for myself and one as a welcome home present for my husband when he comes back from Italy.
    Can I be married to you too please?!
    ClintRo, Vargur78 and Alan Sims like this.
    05-10-2017 07:39 AM
    Me too...hahaha
    05-10-2017 08:14 AM
    Why pay full price? There are monthly options, or lease (which is what I do...I have Galaxy Forever, so I just turn it in & get the newer model after 1 year).

These may not be the best options for everyone, but they are available.
    05-10-2017 08:46 AM
    I paid £689 for my s8 and have zero regrets.
    05-10-2017 08:51 AM
    I pay full price for my phones only because i do not want to be tied to a carrier and also if i want to sell or trade the phone im free and clear to do so.
    20blks likes this.
    05-10-2017 09:14 AM
    Isnt everyone paying full price for phones now?? Carriers arent subsidizing phones anymore. hehehe
    20blks likes this.
    05-10-2017 09:15 AM
    I buy two a year usually, the new S Galaxy and then the new Note. I love it! Pictures on this are amazing! My only gripe is the hour over minute clock on the lock screen. If the Note 8 is better I'll sell this and buy that.
    05-10-2017 09:32 AM
    you can change the lock screen clock set up.
    05-10-2017 09:50 AM
    No they're not. You're on a contract or whatever they're calling it these days.
    You leave the carrier you pay for the phone. You stay your monthly bill is higher until you pay the phone off.
    You're on some type of jump plan you never pay the phone off, but you pay a higher price to be able to switch phones.
    05-10-2017 10:36 AM
    No they're not. You're on a contract or whatever they're calling it these days.
    You leave the carrier you pay for the phone. You stay your monthly bill is higher until you pay the phone off.
    You're on some type of jump plan you never pay the phone off, but you pay a higher price to be able to switch phones.
    Right, but you have options now. Before you were stuck with a phone for two years. Now you can pay off the phone anytime you'd like, and unlock it. You can pay it off in one month, 3 months, 6 months or a year.
    kevinpleasants and skipatrol like this.
    05-10-2017 10:46 AM
    I think a lot of bosses use iPhones because they are easier to understand, not so complicated and confusing.
    05-10-2017 11:43 AM
    I paid full price for mine and don't have any regrets. I always pay for phones outright because I don't like being under contract. I haven't had a phone contract in five years and I love it
    05-10-2017 06:13 PM
    I buy two a year usually, the new S Galaxy and then the new Note. I love it! Pictures on this are amazing! My only gripe is the hour over minute clock on the lock screen. If the Note 8 is better I'll sell this and buy that.
    Lately I've been too. This year 2017 I'm likely sticking with my S8 Plus unless around Christmas some kind of super deal on Note 8 either on Tmobile or unlocked since that's who I have. In 2016 I bought a regular S7. Liked it except the screen then I bought a Note 7 and we all know how that ended. Then got an S7 Edge to replace it. I Still have it and then bought an unlocked V20 back last Nov because I hated the small size of the S7 Edge. Then bought the S8 Plus because Samsung so much better than LG.

I don't think there will be huge differences with the Note 8. I'm doubting 6gb ram or 4k screen. It seems the Note line has slight upgrades from the S line of the same model year. I'm thinking next year we will see that with the Note along with the S9 as well.

What I will probably do is simply trade in my V20 and Tab S2 in the fall at Best Buy when there are hopefully better deals on it and the price comes down. That way I can still have the Spen without having to splurge a likely $950 or so on the Note 8 and then about another $100 in cases and that. That is just my guess on the pricing since they are always more expensive than the S line. After buying all these phones the last year now I'm spending too much money on this tech stuff and the likely $950-1000 price tag on the Note 8 is just too much for a device.

I got the money where I don't have to worry about whether I have to do payments or not. I choose not to do payments. I prefer my stuff all paid for.
    05-10-2017 06:38 PM
    On the other hand I got my galaxy s8 free with the promise of using it for 12 months as my daily driver. I have bought several iPhones though before this and haven't regretted buying any of them. Only regretted not buying applecare+
    05-10-2017 06:48 PM
    Verizon still offers 2 year contract pricing. Can't recall what I paid for my S8+. I think it was either $299 of $349. I buy so many phones I lose track of pricing. But, I think anyway you slice it, we are all basically paying the same thing. With the leases, monthly line fees, Discounts. It all is really close. Vzw, Tmobs, et al spend a ton of time figuring out how to rip us all off.
    sparkeater79 likes this.
    05-10-2017 07:25 PM