Hi

I got my s8 a week ago and I have a weird problem with the device. I'm trying to use the wifi hotspot but some devices can not connect to the network.
    My old android phone and some other phones and laptops can use the connection but I busted my *** to connect my macbook pro to the hotspot but it's not possible.
    The network is visible but when I click on it to connect, it says "Move closer to the router" in mac. Also the connection is limited in some windows laptops. Some devices can connect and use the network but that macbook is my primary device and apart from that, Some other devices running windows or even android phones can't connect to the network.

I'm out of ideas... can anybody please help?
    Is it a hardware problem? Should I return the phone and get another one?
    05-11-2017 05:17 AM
    If there is any incompatibility with the wifi chipsets then replacing the phone won't fix it, maybe a new wifi card for the Mac pro.
    05-11-2017 07:12 AM
    I have used hotspots extensively in the past and have tested mine on the S8+ as well and never ran into an issue like this. I would look to try another device and see if the issue is the same. If yes, then it's your MacBook. Otherwise it's your device.
    05-11-2017 09:49 AM