Happy with the s8 but wonder if I should have gotten the S8+

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
S8 + for me .. I like bigger screens and a bigger battery doesn't hurt :).
Ditto. Contemplated getting the regular s8 for a while after it was announced. But I've used big phones for years now so decided i might have buyer's remorse if i chose the regular one, so chose the plus. Happy i did.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Well, My s8+ feels like the size of a iPhone 6+. And if you measure them they're about equal. More or less.
However, I was used to both iPhone 6+ and galaxy A7, which have the same screensize. So playing now with the s8+ 2 things come to my mind,
1 screensize is bigger but feels the same.
2 bodysize is bigger but feels the same.

I for one am glad I went for the s8+ since I too was debating this with myself. I'm not a pocket Phone person and I usually use the Phone with 2 hands.

So in short, the + size feels the same as any other 5,5" Phone, and the plain s8 will feel the same as 5,1 or 5,2"phones.

ps. screen width is smaller on standard s8, wider on the s8+ version. S8+ screen width is about the same as any other 5,5"screen.
So remember, it's taller but not wider.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
The s8 dimensions hit the sweet spot for my wants and needs.

Much more comfortable to hold than my previous phone being the s7 edge.

The s8+ is just too large and top heavy for me.

bytheriver

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had big phones in the past...galaxy s6 edge+ (which was my favorite), note 7, moto z,....and idk the s8+ is top heavy or something...It's just uncomfortable at times..idk if combination of weight balance, reaching for top of screen or thickness...I may have to buy the regular s8

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Well my curiousity got the better of me and my s8 went back today and I got the s8+.

Interesting. I'm the opposite. I have the S8+ and have been thinking about downsizing to the S8. I keep hearing how everyone is pleased with the battery life on the S8, and I like the one-handed usage the S8 allows, so I've been thinking about going to the S8. I'll make my decision soon.