05-13-2017 07:12 PM
29 12
tools
    I love my s8. The feel of it the way it performs everything is absolutely awesome. Yet I still have this feeling that I'm missing out by not get the S8+. The battery on this has been really good. Yesterday I had 4 hours of SOT and I believe 14-15 hours on battery. But now I'm wondering if this gets that good battery life how much better would the S8+ be. Makes me wonder about my purchase. Anyone else with the regular s8 feel the same way?
    05-11-2017 08:07 AM
    Iam blown away by the S8's battery personally! The S8+ for me juts isnt comfortable for one handed use and id be happy to sacrifice a little battery for a phone thats much more manageable and comfortable in hand!

My screen on time is never consistent and varies depending on usage but yesterday i managed 9hrs screen on time with over 2d6hours on the battery!! Granted that yes i do have most settings off like auto sync, bluetooth, 4g/mobile data and i also have brightness down relatively low and i have applied a black theme! Other phone i have owned with the same set up would average 6-7 hours at best yet the S8 is outperforming them despite having a larger screen and smaller battery! For my personal use, this battery is the best i have ever owned! Genuinely
    jhnnyblze2000 and Choccy like this.
    05-11-2017 10:14 AM
    See that's sorta where I'm at with it. I have my sync on Bluetooth only when I'm in my car and wifi off while I'm at work. The coverage is sporadic at best and I'm still getting good solid battery life. My main curiosity with the 8+ is, is the battery days better than on the regular 8. If we're talking a couple hours I can live with that but if the 8+ would get a ton more time then I would consider dealing with the bigger size.
    05-11-2017 10:23 AM
    I have never been one for phablets due to the oversized footprint & added expense. Though a very expensive price for the GS8, it's great having legacy phablet sized displays on a footprint similar to my GS7. The added expense & not being as pocketable made the GS8+ not worth it from a value added economic perspective. The GS8 gets me through day better than my GS7. If the GS8 works for you,that's awesome.
    05-11-2017 10:36 AM
    I love my s8. The feel of it the way it performs everything is absolutely awesome. Yet I still have this feeling that I'm missing out by not get the S8+. The battery on this has been really good. Yesterday I had 4 hours of SOT and I believe 14-15 hours on battery. But now I'm wondering if this gets that good battery life how much better would the S8+ be. Makes me wonder about my purchase. Anyone else with the regular s8 feel the same way?
    Yes I keep thinking this same thing, but then I realize that the S8 with a case on it is already a little on the big side for me so how much more difficult to use and carry would the plus be? I'm happy with my S8. In fact, I really prefer the size of my S6 better. Feels awesome in the game, the S8 is every so slightly too big.
    05-11-2017 11:52 AM
    I was going back and forth for ages on what size to get and even with a case my S8 feels big so the plus would have been crazy with a case on it.

The S8 is still little too long for my pockets but happy. The battery is impressive which was my concern but no longer having used in various situations now.
    jhnnyblze2000 likes this.
    05-11-2017 11:56 AM
    I'm happy with the S8+ but...

I'll be replacing it with a Note 8. There's just nothing like a Note.
    05-11-2017 01:23 PM
    I was going back and forth for ages on what size to get and even with a case my S8 feels big so the plus would have been crazy with a case on it.

The S8 is still little too long for my pockets but happy. The battery is impressive which was my concern but no longer having used in various situations now.
    Yea I'll most likely be getting the note 8 as well. I'm at least glad I'm not the only one that feels this way about the 8 lol. I was in best buy for literally 2 hours probably before I finally decided on the regular 8.
    05-11-2017 01:44 PM
    And it's funny u mention a case on the regular s8. I have the defender on it and it's almost exactly the perfect size for me.
    jcp007 likes this.
    05-11-2017 01:46 PM
    And it's funny u mention a case on the regular s8. I have the defender on it and it's almost exactly the perfect size for me.
    +1 Midnight Black GS8 with Black Otterbox Defender. It's thinner than my wife's GS7 with an Otterbox Defender case.
    05-11-2017 01:53 PM
    I have 6 cases but I think due to this phones fragility I've finally settled on the Unicorn Beetle Pro Supcase. Feels great in hand and doesn't increased bulk and weight too too much.
    05-11-2017 01:56 PM
    I'm happy with the defender so far but I usually end up with dozens of cases for my phone's. I have a caseology coastline and a maxboost duraslim coming in the mail tomorrow.
    05-11-2017 02:12 PM
    I'm happy with the S8+ but...

I'll be replacing it with a Note 8. There's just nothing like a Note.
    same for me, i hope the Note 8 is wider though. I feel like the S8+ is too narrow
    05-12-2017 07:58 AM
    If you are not a media fan, 8 should be fine. If you use the display a lot for media, seems no brainer for 8+.
    05-12-2017 08:09 AM
    Media wise not really. Just texting social media and general web browsung. I watch movies Netflix and stuff like that on my tablet.
    05-12-2017 08:13 AM
    Best way to decide is to go into the store and try both.

Which is better from a hands on perspective?
    Try using the browser or navigating around using one hand. Can you reach all the buttons and menus easily?

Is $100 for 0.4 inches & slightly better battery life worth it? Is it pocketable? Battery should be better but you are powering a larger screen.

There are a lot of dead squirrels in the road. Make up your own mind and don't be one.
    jhnnyblze2000 and bembol like this.
    05-12-2017 08:49 AM
    That's funny, I was just wondering if I should have gotten the S8 instead of the S8 Plus. Had the S7 edge and comparing screen sizes the S8 just looked smaller even though they say the screen is bigger, so I went with the S8 Plus. The S8 Plus is nicely sized for a bigger phone but with all the reports of how easy it can crack in a drop you put a good case in it, then it feels really big.

Like most others I bought half a dozen cases, some thing and some bulky and I'm still deciding on an everyday work case.
    05-12-2017 08:57 AM
    I totally LOVE my S8+! I was on the fence getting the S8 vs S8+. I decided to go with the + and I'm so happy I did. Unlike other folks, I'm experiencing great battery life and viewing the screen (because of the larger screen), surfing the internet, emailing, texting and gaming is much more enjoyable.

J
    05-12-2017 09:13 AM
    Honestly my main reason for second guessing myself is strictly the battery life. I've had my 8 since Sunday the size is great and the battery life for this size battery and phone is actually surprising but seriously who doesn't love more battery life lol.
    05-12-2017 09:32 AM
    I had a chance to exchange my S8 for the larger model. I was right there with it in my hand. But I asked myself why I needed it as opposed to keeping the more pocketable, but still large screen S8. Especially knowing I'll probably wind up with the larger screened Note 8 in 6 months anyway.

I walked out. I'm very happy with my S8.
    05-12-2017 09:33 AM
    S8 + for me .. I like bigger screens and a bigger battery doesn't hurt .
    Alan Sims likes this.
    05-12-2017 09:46 AM
    S8 + for me .. I like bigger screens and a bigger battery doesn't hurt .
    Ditto. Contemplated getting the regular s8 for a while after it was announced. But I've used big phones for years now so decided i might have buyer's remorse if i chose the regular one, so chose the plus. Happy i did.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    05-12-2017 10:32 AM
    I'm coming from a 6s plus note 7 and 7plus. That's what drew me to the regular 8. The bigger screen in the smaller body.
    05-12-2017 10:34 AM
    Well, My s8+ feels like the size of a iPhone 6+. And if you measure them they're about equal. More or less.
    However, I was used to both iPhone 6+ and galaxy A7, which have the same screensize. So playing now with the s8+ 2 things come to my mind,
    1 screensize is bigger but feels the same.
    2 bodysize is bigger but feels the same.

I for one am glad I went for the s8+ since I too was debating this with myself. I'm not a pocket Phone person and I usually use the Phone with 2 hands.

So in short, the + size feels the same as any other 5,5" Phone, and the plain s8 will feel the same as 5,1 or 5,2"phones.

ps. screen width is smaller on standard s8, wider on the s8+ version. S8+ screen width is about the same as any other 5,5"screen.
    So remember, it's taller but not wider.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    05-13-2017 05:36 AM
    The s8 dimensions hit the sweet spot for my wants and needs.

Much more comfortable to hold than my previous phone being the s7 edge.

The s8+ is just too large and top heavy for me.
    05-13-2017 08:55 AM
29 12