Is anyone out there using Nova Launcher on S8 experiencing a black background at the bottom behind the navigation bar? I have Nova set as a full screen app in settings and I have dock background off. If I turn Nova off as a full screen app in settings then it shows up like second picture where bottom is a different color and the top has this black bar almost like the wallpaper doesn't fit. Its very weird, i have tried selecting wallpapers from either main settings or nova settings and still get same. I would think the nav bar should be same as whole screen just like it does in samsung launcher. I have seen some people post Nova screenshots and it is, so what are you doing? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Nova Launcher causing Black bar background behind navigation bar????-screenshot_20170511-150440.jpgNova Launcher causing Black bar background behind navigation bar????-screenshot_20170511-150647.jpg
    05-11-2017 03:13 PM
    In the phone Settings, Display, Navigation Bar, there is a option for "Apply Current Theme".
    If on, it will be the theme.
    If off, it will give the option for the Background Color.

How is that set?

Mav.
    05-11-2017 03:18 PM
    So I do not see that setting in mine under Navigation bar. I am on Verizon S8, all i have is at top background color and i have it set to the first circle, then buttons and home button sensitivity. Maybe verizon is blocking this setting and causing me this problem?
    05-11-2017 03:39 PM
    How odd.
    All US Carrier versions are the same.
    Here is a screenshot:
    05-11-2017 03:51 PM
    Well here is my screenshot, so it appears Verizon has blocked it!

Nova Launcher causing Black bar background behind navigation bar????-screenshot_20170511-160605.jpg
    05-11-2017 04:07 PM
    Do you have the latest version of Nova? It included the ability to incorporate Samsung themes and some S8 fixes. I think you're on an old version.
    05-11-2017 04:57 PM
    Have you got Nova Launcher settings set to have transparent bar? I always have Nova Launcher settings set to transparent notification bar and it works fine. This setting is under "look and feel"
    05-11-2017 06:21 PM
    Well here is my screenshot, so it appears Verizon has blocked it!
    Are you running any Samsung themes?

Mav.
    05-11-2017 07:26 PM
    That appears to have worked for me. I am running the Samsung Material Dark theme but my email boxes are not dark.
    05-11-2017 08:14 PM
    You can also make the notification bar icons dark with Nova Prime launcher.
    05-11-2017 08:48 PM
    How odd.
    All US Carrier versions are the same.
    Here is a screenshot:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...37ac9275d7.jpg
    This is very interesting. I'm in Canada. This option is nowhere to be found. Also, I hear people say that Nova is compatible with Samsung themes now. How exactly?
    05-12-2017 12:58 AM
    I have the T-Mobile S8+ and mine doesn't have that "Apply current theme" option either.
    05-12-2017 07:12 AM
    I hear people say that Nova is compatible with Samsung themes now. How exactly?
    Some Themes have more access than others. Nova "respects the system level themes" that can do more things than other ones.
    I believe that is why my picture above has that option.
    That particular theme has the option to use the Navigation Bar background as part of its' set-up.

Mav.
    05-12-2017 08:18 AM
    Some Themes have more access than others. Nova "respects the system level themes" that can do more things than other ones.
    I believe that is why my picture above has that option.
    That particular theme has the option to use the Navigation Bar background as part of its' set-up.

Mav.
    I guess I'm somewhat out of luck then since that option is not available for me.
    05-12-2017 10:04 AM
    Do you have the latest version of Nova? It included the ability to incorporate Samsung themes and some S8 fixes. I think you're on an old version.
    Yes I have the latest version of Nova and am actually on Beta so always have the latest.
    05-12-2017 10:11 AM
    Are you running any Samsung themes?

Mav.
    No I am not using a Samsung theme at this time, but have tried that and didn't make a difference
    05-12-2017 10:12 AM
    Have you got Nova Launcher settings set to have transparent bar? I always have Nova Launcher settings set to transparent notification bar and it works fine. This setting is under "look and feel"
    OH MY GOD thank you so much!!!! That did the trick, I turned the notification bar to transparent and it fixed the bottom navigation bar and took the black background away!! Who would have known the notification bar was tied to the new navigation bar at bottom. I am going to have to let the Nova developer know about this, but thanks again for this suggestion, really appreciate it!!!!!!
    1812dave likes this.
    05-12-2017 10:13 AM
    You are welcome. I don't know why no other people here that use Nova Launcher didn't already mention it
    05-12-2017 10:31 AM
    Maybe, and this is what I did, I messed with it all first to get it right... Then forgot about it. xD
    05-12-2017 11:31 AM
    I'll chime in- all of sudden today my dock background stopped being transparent. Any thoughts? I have tweaked every dock setting and turned transparency on/off. Ieven for giggles tried to change it to the exact same pic as the dock background. All I get is black. Anyone?
    07-24-2017 09:40 AM
    I too had this problem with dark themes. A restart would fix it but it could prop back up any moment.

Currently using some summer themes and don't face the issue anymore
    sinfoman likes this.
    07-24-2017 10:10 AM
    I too had this problem with dark themes. A restart would fix it but it could prop back up any moment.

Currently using some summer themes and don't face the issue anymore
    Yeah, I tried a reboot. Still the same issue. Good thought, though!
    07-24-2017 10:13 AM
    So, I just heard from TeslaCoil- Apparently the "workaround" is to uninstall and reinstall? There was a bit more to it than that, but not much.
    07-24-2017 10:28 AM
    You know, it really would help if Nova Launcher would also say that this setting affects navigation bar. As it currently stands as of this posting, Nova Launcher says This only affects the notification bar. If it weren't for the fact that I saw your message I never would have guessed that this also had included navigation bar. Those are two entirely different things all together. However with that being said this toggle will certainly works on the navigation bar as well. Now I can finally see my entire live wallpaper. I am using a stock Android live wallpaper from KitKat, on an Amazon HD 10, grass. It's an amazing wallpaper (they all are) but the navigation bar cut half the grass off. Now that I know this includes a navigation bar I can see all the grass. May not see much, but when the grass barely reaches the top of the navigation bar, this little toggle makes all the difference.
    05-22-2018 04:08 PM