Well.... after a number of years sporting the iPhone I decided to come back to Android. Frankly, I got tired and board with the iPhone. When I saw the s8 it just seemed like a good time to make the switch back. I had been on Android since the beginning, only switching when the iPhone 4G hit the market.

Clearly, Android has changed immensely since my last go around with an Android based phone. And I really like what I'm experiencing! I went so far as to purchase the Gear 3 Frontier as well. My Apple Watch pales in comparison...and that is no joke. The Gear 3 is a masterful watch and piece of great technology. Plus, it actually looks like a watch!

Well... enough of my rambling on... just wanted to say how great it is being back on Android Central and I look forward seeing what Android has in store moving forward.
    burrzoo and gendo667 like this.
    05-11-2017 06:36 PM
    Welcome back!!!! I still can't stand iOS for MY needs. It's a great OS for simplicity, and gods know you can't (arguably) beat iPhone cameras, but it's just too restrictive for me. So yeah, the S8 is quite the contender if you are switching back to the green side
    05-11-2017 06:58 PM
    Welcome back! I know what you mean about iPhones being too boring, because they are lol I love how customizable Android is. I used to have an iPhone 5 and that was my first and last iPhone. No update since has intrigued me into going back to Apple. At least not for their phones. I do love their laptops and iPads, but that's where it ends. Samsung has been my first Android and so far the only Android I have experienced and I can't see myself drifting away from any other platform. Samsung has made good phones recently, apart from the Note 7 hiccup. I have had 3 of their flagships so far; Galaxy S5, Galaxy S7 Edge, and now the Galaxy S8+. I really hope you're enjoying your new phone. I've had mine for over 2 weeks now and I am in love. 😊
    05-11-2017 07:30 PM
    Well.... after a number of years sporting the iPhone I decided to come back to Android. Frankly, I got tired and board with the iPhone. When I saw the s8 it just seemed like a good time to make the switch back. I had been on Android since the beginning, only switching when the iPhone 4G hit the market.

Clearly, Android has changed immensely since my last go around with an Android based phone. And I really like what I'm experiencing! I went so far as to purchase the Gear 3 Frontier as well. My Apple Watch pales in comparison...and that is no joke. The Gear 3 is a masterful watch and piece of great technology. Plus, it actually looks like a watch!

Well... enough of my rambling on... just wanted to say how great it is being back on Android Central and I look forward seeing what Android has in store moving forward.
    Welcome back to the Dark Side!
    05-11-2017 08:36 PM
    Welcome back to Android .
    05-11-2017 09:05 PM
    Welcome back. I have the iPhone 7plus and the S8 and after using the S8 for a week, I tried to use my iPhone and as much as I like the hardware, I put my Sim right back into the S8. I really cant wait to get on a trip where I can do some photos to see how the S8 compares to my 7plus since I took the 7plus to Vegas and took about 1500 photos but thats another story. Never thought I would be happy with Android again, but here I am. Started with the android and then moved to the iPhone 5s and stuck around there until now other than a couple weeks with the Note 7
    05-11-2017 09:07 PM
    Welcome back!
    05-11-2017 10:31 PM
    Welcome back to the awesome side!

I've used iPhones in the past, and while i loved it in the beginning (got the 2G, 3G, 3GS), once I jumped to my first android in the Evo 4G, i never looked back. Although i did jump back couple times, the iPhone 5, and iPhone 6s plus, never used them for more than several months before getting extremely bored.

P.S. right after I moved to the Evo 4G the iPhone 4 came out, and at that time boy was i pissed because the 4 was a thing of beauty back when it came out
    05-11-2017 11:40 PM

Welcome back. The last iPhone I owned was the iPhone 4. I jumped on the LG Optimus G and haven't looked back. My wife recently received an iPhone for work, an iPhone 6S I believe. I was shocked by how much it hasn't really changed. I didn't mess with it for even a minute before I gave it back to her. I couldn't get it out of my hands quick enough. With what Samsung's done, it's gonna be interesting to see what Apple does this fall.
    05-12-2017 03:43 AM