Verizon Galaxy S8 facebook pic for contacts

wojotiger

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, feel silly but I cant figure it out. I left samsung for the pixel after the note 7 debacle and am back with an 8+, but cant remember how to make my contacts use the facebook pics. Also, my own contact pic is a giraffe, lol. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can't, at least not on stock. You need a 3rd party app to do it. I use SyncMe and it works great. There are plenty other options, though, so you have choices :)

wojotiger

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Am I wrong that it was doable in stock before? Before the pixel my last 4 devices were samsung and I could have sworn my contact pics were their facebook pics

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You could but that partnership with Facebook (or whatever it was that got Samsung to include that) was over a few models ago. I'm pretty sure the S7 and Note 7 didn't have it, though. If you had synced the pictures before and those got synced to Google Contacts or a local backup that got transferred to your new device then the pictures might have been there (not updated ones, but whatever was synced before the feature got removed), but I assume that on the Pixel move that was somehow lost.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
Just use Sync.Me... works perfectly. Completely hassle free. Can even merge contacts easily from the app, if you need to do so. Just turn the other crap off like caller ID, unless of course you want to use it.

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
I Have installed it, thanks guys. I got tired of looking at the Giraffe. On previous versions of android I do remember having facebook/gmail sync with their profile pic to my contacts.

hows the spam blocking? one of my lines gets constant calls on it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I Have installed it, thanks guys. I got tired of looking at the Giraffe. On previous versions of android I do remember having facebook/gmail sync with their profile pic to my contacts.

hows the spam blocking? one of my lines gets constant calls on it.

Haven't tried blocking on Sync.Me, but it does a good job of identifying spam callers (even scam ones if properly reported!). As for the previous versions syncing with FB pictures, only some older Samsung phones and a handful from other manufacturers ever did that (it was never a stock Android option). Then at some point whatever deal they had with FB went away and so did the feature.

Mario Cipriano

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the paid version of Sync.me and unfortunately it messes up my contact big time. I get like 10 occurrences of linked contacts showing the sync.me icons as the linked account. Anyone have another ap they have found to work well?