05-24-2017 07:08 PM
45 12
tools
    I just installed a case friendly spigen screen protector. (Comes in a 2 pack). I installed it (this morning) with my spigen case installed. So far, no complaints and it looks good!
    What protector is it? I tried neoflex
    05-15-2017 02:03 PM
    I just ordered a screen protector from Ringke. It has really good reviews. It's designed so that it wraps all the way around the edge of the screen to the back of the phone. That way a case shouldn't peel the corners off.

Galaxy S8 Screen Protector, Invisible Defender [Full Coverage][2-Pack] Edge to Edge Curved Side Coverage Guaranteed [Case Compatible] Super Thin HD Clearness Film for Samsung Galaxy S8 2017 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y999MWZ...cUvbUpU5816252
    05-15-2017 07:50 PM
    What protector is it? I tried neoflex
    It is the Neoflex. I installed it 15 hours ago, so far, so good with fit!
    05-15-2017 11:10 PM
    But cases might be tricky even after they 'stick'.
    I had trouble with my "case-friendly" Spigen screen protector.

Spigen told me to install it with the case on.

No issues after using that method. I had to keep pressing the edges down but they're sticking now.
    mgloss likes this.
    05-16-2017 08:23 AM
    It is the Neoflex. I installed it 15 hours ago, so far, so good with fit!
    Yeah I tried that one just didn't like the feel and the rough look to it.
    05-16-2017 08:42 AM
    I really like my Yootech wet install, the only problem is it peels on the corners with lots of cases.
    05-16-2017 10:50 AM
    Does anyone have any tips on how to actually get the edges of the screen protector to actually stick. I'm currently trying g the yootech which has amazing reviews. After sitting for 2 hours all the edges peeled back up. I have tried others and the same thing. The edges won't stay stuck down at all.

I'm also aware that I started the " why are screen protectors still a thing thread" I listened to the arguments and figured what's the worst that can happen. I would like to actually try one out but the darn edges won't stick down for me.
    Try the original one from Samsung. That one has very strong adhesive.
    05-16-2017 12:15 PM
    I just installed a case friendly spigen screen protector. (Comes in a 2 pack). I installed it (this morning) with my spigen case installed. So far, no complaints and it looks good!
    I tried that Spigen case friendly and after 4 attempts (they sent me a replacement) I gave up on that pile of crap. The funny thing is I am using a Spigen case. I actually had one last ditch effort and gave the IQshield a shot and it worked out very nicely. There isn't as much edge over lap unlike Spigen. It sits perfectly at the very edge of my case. It went on nicely the edges went down nicely and stayed down.
    05-22-2017 09:25 AM
    I tried that Spigen case friendly and after 4 attempts (they sent me a replacement) I gave up on that pile of crap. The funny thing is I am using a Spigen case. I actually had one last ditch effort and gave the IQshield a shot and it worked out very nicely. There isn't as much edge over lap unlike Spigen. It sits perfectly at the very edge of my case. It went on nicely the edges went down nicely and stayed down.
    I still have my Yootech on right now (corner peel and all), but my iQShields came yesterday so sometime this week I'll probably try it out.
    05-22-2017 11:18 AM
    Posting in this thread so I remember to check it out later. I need to order a new screen protector. The one I got from Sprint is lifting on the edges as well. Still leaving it on though. I'm curious about that Invisible Defender that wraps around the edges to the back. Hm.
    05-22-2017 01:07 PM
    Anyone tried this Puregear protector?

I had that on my v20. Install was really simple, but it scratched really easily. They did warranty it for the scratches though.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    05-22-2017 03:17 PM
    Has anyone tried this one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07168MWZ9...cUvbUpU5825735

It has really good reviews.
    05-23-2017 04:29 PM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07168MWZ9...cUvbUpU5825765

Not Prime. I generally don't buy non Prime items because I feel there has to be a reason why it's not Prime. Inferior quality, bad vendor... I dunno it just raises questions to me and I'd pass on that due to not trusting that vendor. Also, be sure to look for Verified Purchase on the comments or else I'd consider them fake reviews.
    05-23-2017 05:08 PM
    I just noticed it looks like lots if not all of the reviews for this are Verified Purchases. Looks good to go! I still wouldn't buy due to being a Prime Snob though lol.
    05-23-2017 05:12 PM
    I have the yootech installed on mine. If installed properly it is a beautiful screen protector. It came in a two pack and I messed the first one up trying to install myself. I didn't want to take a chance and got it professionally installed with the second one. It looks great but after about 36 hours I kept it in the bathroom with me while I was showering and I think all of the moisture of the shower steam put a bubble in it. I took it back to the guy and he fixed it for me and it looks perfect again. Going to wait a little longer before I keep it near the shower.
    05-23-2017 05:13 PM
    I have the yootech installed on mine. If installed properly it is a beautiful screen protector. It came in a two pack and I messed the first one up trying to install myself. I didn't want to take a chance and got it professionally installed with the second one. It looks great but after about 36 hours I kept it in the bathroom with me while I was showering and I think all of the moisture of the shower steam put a bubble in it. I took it back to the guy and he fixed it for me and it looks perfect again. Going to wait a little longer before I keep it near the shower.
    Love the Yootech be wet also, except that it's peeling on one corner with my case. Probably going to try the IQ if this peeling bugs me enough.
    05-23-2017 05:50 PM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07168MWZ9...cUvbUpU5825977

The IQshield is the best I have found. Easiest I have had to install and comes with a warranty where they will replace it even if you mess up the installation no questions asked.
    Kalvin Kerns likes this.
    05-23-2017 09:35 PM
    I just ordered a screen protector from Ringke. It has really good reviews. It's designed so that it wraps all the way around the edge of the screen to the back of the phone. That way a case shouldn't peel the corners off.

Galaxy S8 Screen Protector, Invisible Defender [Full Coverage][2-Pack] Edge to Edge Curved Side Coverage Guaranteed [Case Compatible] Super Thin HD Clearness Film for Samsung Galaxy S8 2017 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y999MWZ...cUvbUpU5826922
    Just an update, I've had this installed for over a week and I've used it in 3 cases.

I still have zero issues with touch sensitivity and there is no peeling.
    Mariah Richardson likes this.
    05-24-2017 04:59 PM
    So and update with the IQshield screen protector. The case I have is a fully flexible so it moves and I have seen the edges peel up in a few spots. I simply push them back down and they start with out issue. I will be updating my case to a hard plastic case to see if that helps.
    05-24-2017 07:01 PM
    Rediculous! Get the genuine Samsung screen protector. I don't have an S8 but no problems whatsoever on S7 Edge or Note 7.
    05-24-2017 07:08 PM
45 12