Upgraded from S5 to S8, car wont read texts anymore

A

AC Question

I recently upgraded from the S5 to the S8+. Other than the usual quirks of learning how the new interfaces work, I am having an issue with text messaging via bluetooth to my car.

So I have the Samsung S8+, and I have it paired with my '14 Honda Accord via the Hands Free Link. I can get phone calls, Pandora, and other bluetooth services to work just fine, however the system will no longer notify and read me text messages. I check the bluetooth settings and Call audio, Media audio, Contact Access, and Message access are all turned on.

The S5 worked just fine in that regard.

Options, settings, workaround?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I recently upgraded from the S5 to the S8+. Other than the usual quirks of learning how the new interfaces work, I am having an issue with text messaging via bluetooth to my car.

So I have the Samsung S8+, and I have it paired with my '14 Honda Accord via the Hands Free Link. I can get phone calls, Pandora, and other bluetooth services to work just fine, however the system will no longer notify and read me text messages. I check the bluetooth settings and Call audio, Media audio, Contact Access, and Message access are all turned on.

The S5 worked just fine in that regard.

Options, settings, workaround?

I set mine the first day just like any other phone I had before and it worked just the same, then yesterday morning I realized that my Messages were not been received on the car and after a couple of tests I realized that something was not right, so I just unpaired the connection on the phone and delete the car's connection, I paired them again, gave permissions to read contacts and messages when they were asked for and at first it didn't work but then I remembered that my previous iPhones (all the Androids have been fine) needed to restart the Car's system after pairing it for the SMS to work, so I did that and it began working again.

It seems to have been a glitch somewhere, try the same to see if it helps.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Opposite for me. Previous couple phones messages either never synced properly with my car, or is super delayed in receiving them. I would get a text and it wouldn't show up on my car until 15 to 20 min later. With the s8+ it shows up within 1 to 2 min after receiving it.

2017 Subaru STI

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ironically I've never received messages on my 2009 Edge. Imagine my surprise when text messages started showing up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11