I recently upgraded from the S5 to the S8+. Other than the usual quirks of learning how the new interfaces work, I am having an issue with text messaging via bluetooth to my car.

So I have the Samsung S8+, and I have it paired with my '14 Honda Accord via the Hands Free Link. I can get phone calls, Pandora, and other bluetooth services to work just fine, however the system will no longer notify and read me text messages. I check the bluetooth settings and Call audio, Media audio, Contact Access, and Message access are all turned on.

The S5 worked just fine in that regard.

Options, settings, workaround?
    05-12-2017 08:59 AM
    I recently upgraded from the S5 to the S8+. Other than the usual quirks of learning how the new interfaces work, I am having an issue with text messaging via bluetooth to my car.

So I have the Samsung S8+, and I have it paired with my '14 Honda Accord via the Hands Free Link. I can get phone calls, Pandora, and other bluetooth services to work just fine, however the system will no longer notify and read me text messages. I check the bluetooth settings and Call audio, Media audio, Contact Access, and Message access are all turned on.

The S5 worked just fine in that regard.

Options, settings, workaround?
    I set mine the first day just like any other phone I had before and it worked just the same, then yesterday morning I realized that my Messages were not been received on the car and after a couple of tests I realized that something was not right, so I just unpaired the connection on the phone and delete the car's connection, I paired them again, gave permissions to read contacts and messages when they were asked for and at first it didn't work but then I remembered that my previous iPhones (all the Androids have been fine) needed to restart the Car's system after pairing it for the SMS to work, so I did that and it began working again.

It seems to have been a glitch somewhere, try the same to see if it helps.
    05-12-2017 10:31 AM
    Opposite for me. Previous couple phones messages either never synced properly with my car, or is super delayed in receiving them. I would get a text and it wouldn't show up on my car until 15 to 20 min later. With the s8+ it shows up within 1 to 2 min after receiving it.

2017 Subaru STI
    05-12-2017 10:39 AM
    My S8+ has not had an issue with receiving or reading texts though Bluetooth since day one.

2014 Kia Forte
    05-12-2017 11:02 AM
    Ironically I've never received messages on my 2009 Edge. Imagine my surprise when text messages started showing up.
    05-12-2017 12:56 PM