Verizon Galaxy S8 Verizon update

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
How did you get the red tint to go away?
No matter what I do I still have it on the right side.

There's an advanced setting which allows you to adjust the color temperature of just the edges independent of the rest of the display. The phone then has to go through some odd adjustment and reboots.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
There's an advanced setting which allows you to adjust the color temperature of just the edges independent of the rest of the display. The phone then has to go through some odd adjustment and reboots.
Does it allow you to adjust just one edge or the other?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Does it allow you to adjust just one edge or the other?

No, I believe it's both edges at once. I suppose you would have to do a slight overkill with one vs the other. I adjusted mine, although I don't think I had much pink in my display to start with. I still have some more adjustment I can make to the cool color temperature side, but it's really good now.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
No, I believe it's both edges at once. I suppose you would have to do a slight overkill with one vs the other. I adjusted mine, although I don't think I had much pink in my display to start with. I still have some more adjustment I can make to the cool color temperature side, but it's really good now.

Cool, I am glad you are happy with it. Speaking of cool, I usually like my display a little bit on the cooler side. Thanks for the replyツ

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
When I adjusted the edges one click cooler the pink tint on the right edge disappeared. Unfortunately it makes the left edge kinda greenish blue. 😐

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
When I adjusted the edges one click cooler the pink tint on the right edge disappeared. Unfortunately it makes the left edge kinda greenish blue. 😐
I am not sure how curved the glass is on the S8, but on the S7 edge it is fairly normal to have a slight blue tint on the edges, not on just one edge though.

If it cannot be corrected to your liking you should exchange it for another one, IMHO.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I am not sure how curved the glass is on the S8, but on the S7 edge it is fairly normal to have a slight blue tint on the edges, not on just one edge though.

If it cannot be corrected to your liking you should exchange it for another one, IMHO.
Either way I set it up the tint is barely visible. I buy phones from at&t on the Next every year plan so it's more like renting them. I can live with it for 11 more months. I'll have 2 new phones between now and then so I'm not sweating it.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Either way I set it up the tint is barely visible. I buy phones from at&t on the Next every year plan so it's more like renting them. I can live with it for 11 more months. I'll have 2 new phones between now and then so I'm not sweating it.
Right on! As long as you are happy, it's all goodツ

cedjunior

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't too concerned with the pink tint on the edges, but now that I've adjusted the display and eliminated it I think it's a great improvement.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone else have the font change on their lock screen clock after the Verizon Update?!?

Mine always had the default thin wirey-looking font like in the stock photo (below, left).
After the update, It's a different, thicker font on the clock (below, right):
galaxy-s8-packaging_lock.png Screenshot_20170516-180259[1311].jpg

None of the rest of the fonts on the phone seemed to have changed. I kinda preferred the original font. Is there a separate control for this somewhere?

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
Did anyone else have the font change on their lock screen clock after the Verizon Update?!?

Mine always had the default thin wirey-looking font like in the stock photo (below, left).
After the update, It's a different, thicker font on the clock (below, right):
View attachment 260271 View attachment 260272

None of the rest of the fonts on the phone seemed to have changed. I kinda preferred the original font. Is there a separate control for this somewhere?

Nope...mine is still just how it is in your "before" pics after the Verizon update. Maybe it's a theme you're using that's doing that? Idk...if not, that's odd. I don't know of any other settings that would make it that thick.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Nope...mine is still just how it is in your "before" pics after the Verizon update. Maybe it's a theme you're using that's doing that? Idk...if not, that's odd. I don't know of any other settings that would make it that thick.

I think I figured it out. Apparently that strange font DID come from the theme I was using. For whatever reason, when I had applied the theme right initially it had just left the clock font stock. I guess whatever bug allowed that to happen was fixed in this update. Anyways...went an found a similar theme with stock font on the clock, then reapplied my wallpaper and font pack.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech