Connecting S8 to a PC

A

AC Question

I'm trying to connect my S8 to a PC, but the connection keep failing even though the WIFI connection is very stable. Any suggestions what other app I can use to connect phone to PC? Is the side sync unable to work on S8? I know sidesync is able to work on S8+ though. Please give me some advice & ideas. Thanks

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't use sidesync but it would be useful for those trying to help if you could list what errors you're seeing, what is happening and what isn't happening? Which connection is failing and what happens?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Connect via some app using wifi, or connect via cable?

Aside from the fact that you shouldn't be downloading apps from many places other than the Play Store, if the app is written to install on an S8 using the version of Android you're running, it should work. (One of the reasons to not use anything but the Play Store is that it sends you the correct version of the app if there's more than one version available.)

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to connect my S8 to a PC, but the connection keep failing even though the WIFI connection is very stable. Any suggestions what other app I can use to connect phone to PC? Is the side sync unable to work on S8? I know sidesync is able to work on S8+ though. Please give me some advice & ideas. Thanks

I had to make sure to use the correct USB debug setting from Developers settings. Have you looked into that yet?

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SiseSync has been working great for me (S8+) and a buddy with an S8. He does have spotty WiFi, so has been using the USB-C cable. SideSync supports this.

OP, have you tried connecting via cable? If that works with no problems, you might try deleting the saved WiFi and reconnecting.

PS: For those unfamiliar with SideSync, it is from Samsung. The device app comes from the Google Play store; the desktop component from Samsung's site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek