05-25-2017 02:41 PM
210 12345 ...
tools
    So does one get a point for every dollar you spend? Or is it $1 = 4x or 2x points?
    I think it's for each use not each dollar, so u get the same amount of points whether u buy something $5 or $50
    11B1P likes this.
    05-13-2017 06:14 PM
    I think it's for each use not each dollar, so u get the same amount of points whether u buy something $5 or $50
    Yes it's simply based on transactions. Dollar amounts don't matter. I have platinum status so I get 40 pts per transaction. Whether it's a typical $2 Starbucks or like back in December when I used it for my $1500 motorcycle, each transaction was 40 points
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    05-13-2017 06:38 PM
    It is but that is very strange. Not sure this will stay like this for a long time. It doesn't make sense.
    05-13-2017 09:13 PM
    Has anyone actually got anything from the rewards part of it? I've been using mine more and more and love it!!!
    05-13-2017 09:20 PM
    Love paying with my Gear S3. "Yes, I just paid with my watch."๐Ÿ˜
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-13-2017 09:23 PM
    My 1st failure, was one of those little square plug in card reader on a iPad at a business, they wanted to swipe my bank card I declined don't trust those little readers paid cash instead
    05-13-2017 10:18 PM
    There is going to be a day, in the not so distant future, you won't even need to carry around a wallet or purse anymore. Well, I take that back, you will always be carrying your purse around with you๐Ÿ˜Š
    I've been using Spay since I bought the S7 & gear S2 July last year. Still using it with my S8+ & gear S3. I love it. Spay is used for 8 out of 10 of my purchases. I wish I was able to add my department store credit cards.

I have stopped using my purse. I keep my driver's license & a spare cc in a compartment in the cellphone case.
    LineKill likes this.
    05-13-2017 11:17 PM
    I used it everytime I get a chance (back when I had my S7 of course). Some cashiers think you're running some type of scam. Costco lady was like "Oh we don't accept Apple pay here". I'm like "No this is Samsung pay!" Too bad it doesn't work at gas stations and Chipotle.

Fun fact: Samsung pay is more secure than using your credit or debit card; each time you pay it is tokenized, the merchant will never see your real card number. Credit card hackers will not be able to have your info.
    It works at Chipotle. Used it today. Has worked at different locations. The cashiers never think it will work until I hold the phone beside the screen where they swipe the card. Even the manager is astonished that it works.
    05-13-2017 11:23 PM
    My 1st failure, was one of those little square plug in card reader on a iPad at a business, they wanted to swipe my bank card I declined don't trust those little readers paid cash instead
    It definitely works with the square plug in card reader. It takes awhile for it to transmit so I leave the phone near the square until the cashier let me know it went through.
    amyf27 likes this.
    05-13-2017 11:26 PM
    I use mine A LOT. At one point I had over 10k points. I cash mine in for credit on my samsung reward cards.
    amyf27 likes this.
    05-14-2017 12:09 AM
    I definitely would it Samsung and the Uk banks got their act together !

Until then I use Android Pay which has been fine.
    05-14-2017 01:29 AM
    I definitely would it Samsung and the Uk banks got their act together !

Until then I use Android Pay which has been fine.
    Do they even have MST, swipe terminals in the UK?
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    05-14-2017 04:11 AM
    Do they even have MST, swipe terminals in the UK?
    Oh yes we have all the needed hardware and software but lacking in implementation !

I've used Apple Pay and am using Android Pay so it's not like options are not there.

That said it'd be nice to have a choice to use Samsung Pay.
    LineKill likes this.
    05-14-2017 04:46 AM
    Oh yes we have all the needed hardware and software but lacking in implementation !

I've used Apple Pay and am using Android Pay so it's not like options are not there.

That said it'd be nice to have a choice to use Samsung Pay.
    I understand you have tap and pay, but I have heard you have done away with swiping years ago.

I also heard that Samsung Pay might be coming to the UK in about a week, I think it was May 19th.
    05-14-2017 04:50 AM
    Yes, I already claimed two 50 dollar samsung rewards visa cards and one 20 dollar best buy reward card
    05-14-2017 05:32 AM
    Love paying with my Gear S3. "Yes, I just paid with my watch."๐Ÿ˜
    Mark I paid at a Speedway gas station the other day with my watch and the cashier was amazed lol. Said people pay with their phones often but she's never seen with the watch.
    05-14-2017 05:36 AM
    It works at Chipotle. Used it today. Has worked at different locations. The cashiers never think it will work until I hold the phone beside the screen where they swipe the card. Even the manager is astonished that it works.
    Only reason I haven't tried at Chipotle is they always seem to be in a major hurry. Also I've been ordering ahead since I can skip the line that way
    05-14-2017 05:37 AM
    It definitely works with the square plug in card reader. It takes awhile for it to transmit so I leave the phone near the square until the cashier let me know it went through.
    When I had a 7Edge and also with the Note 7, it worked on a little square reader at a cupcake shop last year
    05-14-2017 05:38 AM
    Another benefit (not unique to Samsung Pay, but Apple Pay does this as well) is that our credit card was compromised for the third time since November (we have our suspects as it happened after one particular local charge - not done with Samsung Pay) and when the security for our credit card canceled and reissued a new card, the card was automatically updated in Samsung Pay so we could start using it immediately without waiting for the physical card in the mail. I'll still have to wait for the physical card to change my automatic online payments and such, since I don't even know the card number, but it's active in Samsung Pay.
    LineKill, SunnyFL, Ca_lvn and 3 others like this.
    05-14-2017 06:06 AM
    My question is since we don't get charged any fee and get points on top of that, what does samsung get out of it? Why do they care?
    05-14-2017 07:11 AM
    My question is since we don't get charged any fee and get points on top of that, what does samsung get out of it? Why do they care?
    Easy, it only works with Samsung hardware therefore ppl are forced to keep buying Samsung devices.
    amyf27, Mr_Spencer and the_munc_e like this.
    05-14-2017 07:34 AM
    Has anyone actually got anything from the rewards part of it? I've been using mine more and more and love it!!!
    Just a couple days ago I redeemed 10,000 points for a $50 Samsung rewards card.
    05-14-2017 08:46 AM
    Oh, trust me. Samsung is likely getting some sort of revenue sharing percentage kickback from the credit card companies, every time Samsung pay is used to make a purchase.
    05-14-2017 09:16 AM
    Easy, it only works with Samsung hardware therefore ppl are forced to keep buying Samsung devices.
    Using your phone is not anymore convenient than using yours debit card. In fact I found it more of a process to take phone out, unlock, open app, add pin, then spend 20-45 seconds finding the sweet spot, then finally entering in your debit pin and wait for approval. And still it may fail sometimes and you would repeat while getting all sweaty while people behind you are watching to see what the big deal is and why are you taking so darn long attempting this gimmick 3 times while the clerk is resetting the machine for you with each failed attempt. Lol. THIS IS TRUE STORY.

It wasn't till I started using it with my watch gear s3 that made it more convenient than cash or card.

Again samsung isn't giving people anything they cant do without samsung pay.
    05-14-2017 09:31 AM
    Using your phone is not anymore convenient than using yours debit card. In fact I found it more of a process to take phone out, unlock, open app, add pin, then spend 20-45 seconds finding the sweet spot, then finally entering in your debit pin and wait for approval. And still it may fail sometimes and you would repeat while getting all sweaty while people behind you are watching to see what the big deal is and why are you taking so darn long attempting this gimmick 3 times while the clerk is resetting the machine for you with each failed attempt. Lol. THIS IS TRUE STORY.

It wasn't till I started using it with my watch gear s3 that made it more convenient than cash or card.

Again samsung isn't giving people anything they cant do without samsung pay.
    You don't have to unlock and open app? You can swipe up from the home screen and then do fingerprint.. tap and done. Takes no time.
    05-14-2017 10:21 AM
210 12345 ...