05-25-2017 02:41 PM
210 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Using your phone is not anymore convenient than using yours debit card. In fact I found it more of a process to take phone out, unlock, open app, add pin, then spend 20-45 seconds finding the sweet spot, then finally entering in your debit pin and wait for approval. And still it may fail sometimes and you would repeat while getting all sweaty while people behind you are watching to see what the big deal is and why are you taking so darn long attempting this gimmick 3 times while the clerk is resetting the machine for you with each failed attempt. Lol. THIS IS TRUE STORY.

It wasn't till I started using it with my watch gear s3 that made it more convenient than cash or card.

Again samsung isn't giving people anything they cant do without samsung pay.
    I prefer the phone and watch using Samsung Pay over credit cards. I can see why some prefer cards too though. Personal preferences
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-14-2017 10:25 AM
    Lock preferences
    LineKill likes this.
    05-14-2017 10:28 AM
    You don't have to unlock and open app? You can swipe up from the home screen and then do fingerprint.. tap and done. Takes no time.
    Yeah, I saw his comments and was going to post but you already did it, problem is that if he is also needs 20-25 seconds to find the sweet spot as he says, then it's obvious he still needs tons of more practice with his phone while doing this.

From the lockscreen swipe up and put your fingerprint shouldn't take more than 2 seconds, then no more than 2 more to just use the MST on the card reader, no more than 5 seconds in total, around what is taking me since I began using it when it was released. I have noticed that using the Gear S3 will take me more or less the same amount of time as I need to press and hold the top button of the watch until SPay activates then I need to press the pay button at the bottom of the watch, it's indeed more convenient when I have my phone on my pocket (most of the time) but if I have it on my hand, I'll always use the phone.
    kevinpleasants and pinkivy98 like this.
    05-14-2017 11:58 AM
    You don't have to unlock and open app? You can swipe up from the home screen and then do fingerprint.. tap and done. Takes no time.
    You have to wake phone and unlock, then swipe up to pull up pay card
    05-14-2017 02:20 PM
    Nope no need to wake phone just pull up from blank screen pull from bottom middle up
    11B1P likes this.
    05-14-2017 02:25 PM
    Nope no need to wake phone just pull up from blank screen pull from middle up
    Either way by that time my wallet is out
    05-14-2017 02:27 PM
    I actually use my watch so even easier than the phone, what I like best is that it's a virtual card not your real numbers
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-14-2017 02:29 PM
    I do it from lock screen. Swipe up, fingerprint, done.
    kevinpleasants and the_munc_e like this.
    05-14-2017 02:30 PM
    I actually use my watch so even easier than the phone, what I like best is that it's a virtual card not your real numbers
    Yup. I use my s3 all the time. That was my original point that samsung pay shined most for the watch not so much convenience with phone unless you often forget your wallet
    Ca_lvn and kevinpleasants like this.
    05-14-2017 02:32 PM
    I'd use it more if it was able to be used at my work. (Walmart)
    05-14-2017 02:50 PM
    Yup. I use my s3 all the time. That was my original point that samsung pay shined most for the watch not so much convenience with phone unless you often forget your wallet
    Ran a test today left the phone in the car and the watch S3 none Lte worked fine in the store as soon as I returned to the car the watch connected and updated SP with notification
    kevinpleasants and pinkivy98 like this.
    05-14-2017 02:55 PM
    Using your phone is not anymore convenient than using yours debit card. In fact I found it more of a process to take phone out, unlock, open app, add pin, then spend 20-45 seconds finding the sweet spot, then finally entering in your debit pin and wait for approval. And still it may fail sometimes and you would repeat while getting all sweaty while people behind you are watching to see what the big deal is and why are you taking so darn long attempting this gimmick 3 times while the clerk is resetting the machine for you with each failed attempt. Lol. THIS IS TRUE STORY.

It wasn't till I started using it with my watch gear s3 that made it more convenient than cash or card.

Again samsung isn't giving people anything they cant do without samsung pay.
    Well...I see your point but I've only had this happen to me a handful of times. The vast majority of the time it works on the first attempt. And while it's probably not much faster than a magnetic stripe card, it's WAY faster than a chip card, yet offers the same security. The use case Samsung suggests is that you can leave your wallet at home, but of course this is problematic for a number of reasons (chief of them being that you usually need your driver's license), so I admit that if you use Samsung Pay as Samsung envisions, you're not going to use it that often. Some reasons I've found it so helpful though are:

- Samsung Rewards. This incentive, no matter how minor, is worth the extra few seconds out of my day.
    - Security. Credit card skimmers are a real problem, as are hacks of customer data (e.g. Target). Use Samsung Pay, and they won't get your actual number.
    - Conversation starters. I use Samsung Pay every morning to get a coffee at a gas station on my way to work. Over the past year the guy behind the counter and I have become friends who talk about smartphones, all because he noticed me repeatedly using Samsung Pay.
    - Wallet lightening. Like I said, you won't realistically leave your wallet at home very often. However, I do frequently use a cell phone case that can carry cards, and take just my driver's license and debit card (as a backup), since I can carry all my cards in Samsung Pay. Heck, I can even register my AAA card in case my car breaks down!

Having said all this, yeah I agree that the watch method is easier. I probably make 9 out of ten payments with my watch rather than phone.
    IRED7i, 11B1P and kevinpleasants like this.
    05-14-2017 03:34 PM
    No Samsung pay here yet in the UK. Allthough rumours have it, the 16th May.
    Looking forward to it. Hopefully I can leave my debit card at home within time!
    05-14-2017 03:36 PM
    Works for me at Wal Mart
    05-14-2017 04:15 PM
    I used it at Walmart with no issues the other day. Only thing I noticed is it took Walmarts terminal a couple seconds longer than usual to register it. Still faster than the stupid chip. Samsung pay is way more convienant than pulling my wallet out.
    kevinpleasants and amyf27 like this.
    05-14-2017 04:22 PM
    Tried to use Samsung Pay at Walmart and it kept on saying card read error and card declined. Gave up and just inserted the card and it worked.
    BillfnBragg likes this.
    05-14-2017 04:58 PM
    And what can you do with the points?
    I've received $75 dollars in gift cards so far and well on my way to another $50.00. I love Samsung pay. I also use it on my Gear s2. I keep wondering when they are going to stop doing that because it's free money to me.
    05-14-2017 06:49 PM
    I have been using it a lot, but for some reason it wouldn't even transmit when I went to pay for something today.
    05-14-2017 10:51 PM
    Does the gear fit 2 have the app?

Also does NFC have to be on for it to work?
    05-15-2017 01:18 AM
    You can just swipe up from the AOD and use it
    05-15-2017 01:31 AM
    You can just swipe up from the AOD and use it
    Thanx man! I knew you could do it from the lock screen, but not The AODツ
    the_munc_e likes this.
    05-15-2017 02:39 AM
    Does the gear fit 2 have the app?

Also does NFC have to be on for it to work?
    I don't think gear fit 2 has it. And no you don't have to select nfc the phone does that automatically- no need to select any settings.
    the_munc_e likes this.
    05-15-2017 04:22 AM
    I don't think gear fit 2 has it. And no you don't have to select nfc the phone does that automatically- no need to select any settings.
    Didn't think it would. I still have one in the box I need to sell. Verizon still doesn't have the gear 3 available.

I'm wondering how it does without LTE.
    05-15-2017 04:30 AM
    Didn't think it would. I still have one in the box I need to sell. Verizon still doesn't have the gear 3 available.

I'm wondering how it does without LTE.
    Now it works with Gear S2 (don't think fit 2 though). But on S2 it is limited to only tap n Pay terminals. S3 it works everywhere. Why in the world doesn't Verizon have the S3?? Is it on backorder maybe?
    the_munc_e likes this.
    05-15-2017 04:37 AM
    Also as far as with/without lte I'm not sure. My S3 is set for auto network and works every time without a problem.
    the_munc_e likes this.
    05-15-2017 04:38 AM
210 ... 23456 ...