05-25-2017 02:41 PM
210 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Now it works with Gear S2 (don't think fit 2 though). But on S2 it is limited to only tap n Pay terminals. S3 it works everywhere. Why in the world doesn't Verizon have the S3?? Is it on backorder maybe?
    No, Verizon is apparently just being Verizon.
    05-15-2017 04:40 AM
    No, Verizon is apparently just being Verizon.
    Do you have other people on your plan? Always seems to be a good offer out there to switch if you have any other issues. I did hear though Verizon has pretty solid coverage
    05-15-2017 04:48 AM
    Do you have other people on your plan? Always seems to be a good offer out there to switch if you have any other issues. I did hear though Verizon has pretty solid coverage
    Only reason I have Verizon is because it's really the only company with service at work.

I wonder, will the BT version of the watch allow Samsung pay to work without the phone? Or is it pretty useless without a connection?
    05-15-2017 05:00 AM
    Only reason I have Verizon is because it's really the only company with service at work.

I wonder, will the BT version of the watch allow Samsung pay to work without the phone? Or is it pretty useless without a connection?
    You mean Bluetooth version of S3 or S to? I know when I have the S2I was able to get a to work without any connection but then it wouldn't update on Samsung p history until it connected. The S3I have is LTE I wasn't aware if they had different versions of it
    05-15-2017 05:21 AM
    You mean Bluetooth version of S3 or S to? I know when I have the S2I was able to get a to work without any connection but then it wouldn't update on Samsung p history until it connected. The S3I have is LTE I wasn't aware if they had different versions of it
    Yeah, I mean can I leave my phone, use the watch with Samsung pay and then it updates when it reconnects?
    05-15-2017 06:31 AM
    Yeah, I mean can I leave my phone, use the watch with Samsung pay and then it updates when it reconnects?
    I'm pretty sure you can-With the S3I haven't tried it without my phone present yet
    05-15-2017 06:54 AM
    Why in the world doesn't Verizon have the S3?? Is it on backorder maybe?
    Vzw has released their own smartwatch, in cooperation with LG. Verizon's Wear24 Android Wear 2.0 smartwatch is finally on sale May 11 | Android Central
    05-15-2017 07:22 AM
    Yes, you can use the Gear S3 up to 4 or 5 times without being connected via BT to a phone. Works great!
    the_munc_e likes this.
    05-15-2017 07:25 AM
    yep
    the_munc_e likes this.
    05-15-2017 07:26 AM
    Yes, you can use the Gear S3 up to 4 or 5 times without being connected via BT to a phone. Works great!
    Sweet, that's probably the main feature I was wondering about? How well does it work without LTE? Is it doable or I guess what features are missing?
    05-15-2017 07:28 AM
    Tried to use Samsung Pay at Walmart and it kept on saying card read error and card declined. Gave up and just inserted the card and it worked.
    It works at Walmart. Whenever I get the card read error I just let it finish counting down then use it again or I just use my S3. Works everytime.
    amyf27 likes this.
    05-15-2017 09:07 AM

Yes it will tested that, once you return to your phone it updates notifications and SP
    the_munc_e likes this.
    05-15-2017 09:41 AM
    Sweet, that's probably the main feature I was wondering about? How well does it work without LTE? Is it doable or I guess what features are missing?
    I don't know that any features are missing, except LTE. I'm regularly away from my phone and my S3 continues to truck right along. Calendar apts still notify me; I can workout, track my water/coffee intake and so on.
    the_munc_e likes this.
    05-15-2017 02:40 PM
    It works at Walmart. Whenever I get the card read error I just let it finish counting down then use it again or I just use my S3. Works everytime.
    I have made multiple attempts at my Walmart and I haven't been able to get it to work....yet. But I will try every single time, I don't care how long the line behind me is. I used it at Joann yesterday and the employee said she had never seen anyone do that before. I gave her a funny look because I refuse to believe I am the only mature, nerdy, crafter that uses a smart phone.
    amyf27 and kevinpleasants like this.
    05-15-2017 06:53 PM
    I have made multiple attempts at my Walmart and I haven't been able to get it to work....yet. But I will try every single time, I don't care how long the line behind me is. I used it at Joann yesterday and the employee said she had never seen anyone do that before. I gave her a funny look because I refuse to believe I am the only mature, nerdy, crafter that uses a smart phone.
    Trying to remember last time I used it at Wal-Mart, how it worked best. Try with the case off and hold towards the center of the slide-there's a point of contact in there that a credit card slides over to read.
    teristark likes this.
    05-15-2017 06:56 PM
    These two are similar-phones worked at both and watch worked instantly at the Pilot one
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-15-2017 06:58 PM
    Trying to remember last time I used it at Wal-Mart, how it worked best. Try with the case off and hold towards the center of the slide-there's a point of contact in there that a credit card slides over to read.
    Thanks! That is probably my problem. I wiggle it around at the top 2/3. Will try toward the middle next time.
    05-15-2017 07:04 PM
    These two are similar-phones worked at both and watch worked instantly at the Pilot one
    Um, it is really none of my business but do you take random photos of card readers with your phone? LOL
    05-15-2017 07:07 PM
    Um, it is really none of my business but do you take random photos of card readers with your phone? LOL
    Lol. Just showing the types of readers that do work with Samsung Pay, in case anyone new wants to try .
    11B1P and teristark like this.
    05-15-2017 08:06 PM
    My 1st failure, was one of those little square plug in card reader on a iPad at a business, they wanted to swipe my bank card I declined don't trust those little readers paid cash instead
    Yeah I've used it on those square readers a few times and works find you definitely have to hold it there longer.
    05-15-2017 09:21 PM
    I use it Walmart all the time with no issues. If you use a case that could be the problem.
    teristark likes this.
    05-15-2017 09:28 PM
    I use it at walmart all the time
    05-15-2017 10:41 PM
    used it this morning at Safeway!
    05-16-2017 08:37 AM
    I use it Walmart all the time with no issues. If you use a case that could be the problem.
    I would think if it were the case it would give me problems at other stores. But then again you could be right and it is just another quirk of Walmart. If I can't get it to work next time I'll take the case off and try again.
    strikeIII likes this.
    05-16-2017 05:52 PM
    Lol. Just showing the types of readers that do work with Samsung Pay, in case anyone new wants to try .
    I can also report that my S8+ has worked with the type of card shown in your firsr photo. Yesterday afternoon I made a purchase at Walmart, and it went through successfully! This is not even the first time I've paid successfully at Walmart. Maybe next time I'll try my Gear S3.

I did have to move the phone around a bit, and it helped that there was no line.
    amyf27 likes this.
    05-16-2017 06:13 PM
210 ... 34567 ...