Anyone use Samsung Pay a lot?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I actually use my watch so even easier than the phone, what I like best is that it's a virtual card not your real numbers

Keith929

May 10, 2017
Visit site
I actually use my watch so even easier than the phone, what I like best is that it's a virtual card not your real numbers

Yup. I use my s3 all the time. That was my original point that samsung pay shined most for the watch not so much convenience with phone unless you often forget your wallet

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yup. I use my s3 all the time. That was my original point that samsung pay shined most for the watch not so much convenience with phone unless you often forget your wallet
Ran a test today left the phone in the car and the watch S3 none Lte worked fine in the store as soon as I returned to the car the watch connected and updated SP with notification

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Using your phone is not anymore convenient than using yours debit card. In fact I found it more of a process to take phone out, unlock, open app, add pin, then spend 20-45 seconds finding the sweet spot, then finally entering in your debit pin and wait for approval. And still it may fail sometimes and you would repeat while getting all sweaty while people behind you are watching to see what the big deal is and why are you taking so darn long attempting this gimmick 3 times while the clerk is resetting the machine for you with each failed attempt. Lol. THIS IS TRUE STORY.

It wasn't till I started using it with my watch gear s3 that made it more convenient than cash or card.

Again samsung isn't giving people anything they cant do without samsung pay.

Well...I see your point but I've only had this happen to me a handful of times. The vast majority of the time it works on the first attempt. And while it's probably not much faster than a magnetic stripe card, it's WAY faster than a chip card, yet offers the same security. The use case Samsung suggests is that you can leave your wallet at home, but of course this is problematic for a number of reasons (chief of them being that you usually need your driver's license), so I admit that if you use Samsung Pay as Samsung envisions, you're not going to use it that often. Some reasons I've found it so helpful though are:

- Samsung Rewards. This incentive, no matter how minor, is worth the extra few seconds out of my day.
- Security. Credit card skimmers are a real problem, as are hacks of customer data (e.g. Target). Use Samsung Pay, and they won't get your actual number.
- Conversation starters. I use Samsung Pay every morning to get a coffee at a gas station on my way to work. Over the past year the guy behind the counter and I have become friends who talk about smartphones, all because he noticed me repeatedly using Samsung Pay.
- Wallet lightening. Like I said, you won't realistically leave your wallet at home very often. However, I do frequently use a cell phone case that can carry cards, and take just my driver's license and debit card (as a backup), since I can carry all my cards in Samsung Pay. Heck, I can even register my AAA card in case my car breaks down!

Having said all this, yeah I agree that the watch method is easier. I probably make 9 out of ten payments with my watch rather than phone.

IRED7i

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
No Samsung pay here yet in the UK. Allthough rumours have it, the 16th May.
Looking forward to it. Hopefully I can leave my debit card at home within time!

tattooed4515

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I'd use it more if it was able to be used at my work. (Walmart)

I used it at Walmart with no issues the other day. Only thing I noticed is it took Walmarts terminal a couple seconds longer than usual to register it. Still faster than the stupid chip. Samsung pay is way more convienant than pulling my wallet out.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Tried to use Samsung Pay at Walmart and it kept on saying card read error and card declined. Gave up and just inserted the card and it worked.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I don't think gear fit 2 has it. And no you don't have to select nfc the phone does that automatically- no need to select any settings.
Didn't think it would. I still have one in the box I need to sell. Verizon still doesn't have the gear 3 available.

I'm wondering how it does without LTE.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Didn't think it would. I still have one in the box I need to sell. Verizon still doesn't have the gear 3 available.

I'm wondering how it does without LTE.
Now it works with Gear S2 (don't think fit 2 though). But on S2 it is limited to only tap n Pay terminals. S3 it works everywhere. Why in the world doesn't Verizon have the S3?? Is it on backorder maybe?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Also as far as with/without lte I'm not sure. My S3 is set for auto network and works every time without a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae