Anyone use Samsung Pay a lot?

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Do you have other people on your plan? Always seems to be a good offer out there to switch if you have any other issues. I did hear though Verizon has pretty solid coverage
Only reason I have Verizon is because it's really the only company with service at work.

I wonder, will the BT version of the watch allow Samsung pay to work without the phone? Or is it pretty useless without a connection?

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Only reason I have Verizon is because it's really the only company with service at work.

I wonder, will the BT version of the watch allow Samsung pay to work without the phone? Or is it pretty useless without a connection?
You mean Bluetooth version of S3 or S to? I know when I have the S2I was able to get a to work without any connection but then it wouldn't update on Samsung p history until it connected. The S3I have is LTE I wasn't aware if they had different versions of it

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
You mean Bluetooth version of S3 or S to? I know when I have the S2I was able to get a to work without any connection but then it wouldn't update on Samsung p history until it connected. The S3I have is LTE I wasn't aware if they had different versions of it
Yeah, I mean can I leave my phone, use the watch with Samsung pay and then it updates when it reconnects?

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Yes, you can use the Gear S3 up to 4 or 5 times without being connected via BT to a phone. Works great!
Sweet, that's probably the main feature I was wondering about? How well does it work without LTE? Is it doable or I guess what features are missing?

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Tried to use Samsung Pay at Walmart and it kept on saying card read error and card declined. Gave up and just inserted the card and it worked.

It works at Walmart. Whenever I get the card read error I just let it finish counting down then use it again or I just use my S3. Works everytime.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Yes it will tested that, once you return to your phone it updates notifications and SP

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Sweet, that's probably the main feature I was wondering about? How well does it work without LTE? Is it doable or I guess what features are missing?

I don't know that any features are missing, except LTE. I'm regularly away from my phone and my S3 continues to truck right along. Calendar apts still notify me; I can workout, track my water/coffee intake and so on.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
It works at Walmart. Whenever I get the card read error I just let it finish counting down then use it again or I just use my S3. Works everytime.

I have made multiple attempts at my Walmart and I haven't been able to get it to work....yet. But I will try every single time, I don't care how long the line behind me is. :D I used it at Joann yesterday and the employee said she had never seen anyone do that before. I gave her a funny look because I refuse to believe I am the only mature, nerdy, crafter that uses a smart phone.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have made multiple attempts at my Walmart and I haven't been able to get it to work....yet. But I will try every single time, I don't care how long the line behind me is. :D I used it at Joann yesterday and the employee said she had never seen anyone do that before. I gave her a funny look because I refuse to believe I am the only mature, nerdy, crafter that uses a smart phone.
Trying to remember last time I used it at Wal-Mart, how it worked best. Try with the case off and hold towards the center of the slide-there's a point of contact in there that a credit card slides over to read.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
These two are similar-phones worked at both and watch worked instantly at the Pilot one
a6fea778a4c1db512a4d8ee9b3d16911.jpg
bd7988f20e9b6d53cf63bb13b4067b79.jpg

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Trying to remember last time I used it at Wal-Mart, how it worked best. Try with the case off and hold towards the center of the slide-there's a point of contact in there that a credit card slides over to read.

Thanks! That is probably my problem. I wiggle it around at the top 2/3. Will try toward the middle next time.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
My 1st failure, was one of those little square plug in card reader on a iPad at a business, they wanted to swipe my bank card I declined don't trust those little readers paid cash instead
Yeah I've used it on those square readers a few times and works find you definitely have to hold it there longer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac